Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« Reply #930 on: June 25, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
Goddamnit, the urge is coming back now...

Hathen, you still playing too?

If I didn't I probably wouldn't have been up-to-date on all them rumors!

btw Entropy and Resolution are both amazing Weapon Skills

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=29967
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:29:04 PM by Hathen »

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 25, 2012, 09:06:16 PM »
I will do nothing til the expansion is closer to release....

TASTY!

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 25, 2012, 09:54:42 PM »
how hard is it to get to 99? i last played around the time the monster arena released. had a nearly fully merited monk. might get 360 version since i probally wont be able to find WotG ps2 disc.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 25, 2012, 10:02:44 PM »
Leveling is much, much faster nowadays thanks to some new options, though I guess you'll run into the level cap roadblocks every 5 levels. You'll spend the majority of your time on post level-cap content, most likely. You can probably get from level 1-99 in a week or less if you really wanted to. Capping merits can take a while if you're starting from scratch because of the annoying merit point limitation (30 now).

If you really plan on buying the game again I'd recommend a PC version if you can access it. It isn't too hard to get a PC capable of running XI these days. The 360 still has some freezing issues of its own.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:04:16 PM by Hathen »

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 25, 2012, 10:05:13 PM »
how hard is it to get to 99? i last played around the time the monster arena released. had a nearly fully merited monk. might get 360 version since i probally wont be able to find WotG ps2 disc.
Monster Arena?

Level 99 is really easy if you have the abyssea add ons, otherwise it's like 1-75 all over again. Granted, exp is easier to get nowadays, and squeenix made soloing a good bit easier, but unless thingds drastically changed over the year or so I've been gone, abyssea would get you 99 levels in less than 5 days, so long as you had a half decent alliance.

TASTY!

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 25, 2012, 11:25:06 PM »
Abyssea parties are few and far in-between for English-speaking players nowadays, many people do book burns in Bostanaux Oubliette or whatever, which gains a pretty large amount of xp as well. Whatever the case xp is way faster than when she quit (Assuming she means Pankration).

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 26, 2012, 12:58:28 AM »
Really? Fucking couldn't move 10 feet in abyssea without hitting say range for an alliance hitting stuff before I left. You still run with that dude that hated me? Something hobo?

TASTY!

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 27, 2012, 10:54:22 PM »
So tempting to start playing again. Unfortunately I don't remember my playonline ID so I would probably have to start over.
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 28, 2012, 11:32:17 AM »
Double post!

Fuck you all. I am downloading the game again right now.
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 28, 2012, 01:15:32 PM »
Are you also on Leviathin?

TASTY!

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 28, 2012, 01:54:59 PM »
book burns? and god i dont think ive been in that hell hole since i fought asuran fists NM.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 28, 2012, 02:15:04 PM »
The books are trials you can do in an area. Kill a set amount of monsters, earn experience points, gil, and points to be used at the book for buffs, temp items, etc. It used to be an hour cooldown, but I assume they changed it if it's a burn party option now.

TASTY!

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 28, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »
Are you also on Leviathin?

Yep, had to start all over because I don't have any of my old information. Started a warrior. Waiting for my destrier beret...but it doesn't seem to be coming. I don't know how long it takes but I want it dammit.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 28, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »
Well, that's one more possible reason to start playing again...

TASTY!

Logick

• View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 28, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »
Is it me or are the vast majority of the AF's post Zilart look ridiculous on male models?

Blue Mage - Looks cool on both
Puppetmaster - Looks stupid on both.
Corsair - Females look cool, men look like.. a certain type of pirate.
Dancer - too easy
Scholar - Both look ok, but seriously it so doesn't look like something a scholar would be adventuring in,  I mean they're educated, they should know better.
Geomancer - Male looks like they're going to trip on their clothes.  Female, much better but what's up with the shorts(I'm all for making the gear look different for both genders, but shorts?)?  The hat is badass though, need to be on a Monk.
Fencer - Hooker boots on a guy...looks like it belong in tales game.  Females look cooler in it though.

Pre Zilart AF looked good or bad for both genders.
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X