Author Topic: Fighting Games

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fighting Games
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 01:06:18 AM »
I try to avoid rumors, but I couldn't resist sharing a leaked roster for MvC Infinite: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/rumor-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-full-roster-leaked

...Not much in the way of new characters, honestly. And with Venom & Sigma apparently already confirmed as DLC, I'm thinking skipping the first iteration was the right choice...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 11:36:17 AM »
I try to avoid rumors, but I couldn't resist sharing a leaked roster for MvC Infinite: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/rumor-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-full-roster-leaked

...Not much in the way of new characters, honestly. And with Venom & Sigma apparently already confirmed as DLC, I'm thinking skipping the first iteration was the right choice...
Ew...that roster is doo-doo.

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 08:47:57 PM »
I'm kinda skeptical because that leaked list only has 4 female characters. Now Ono gets a lot of flak for stuffing in female characters because he really likes female characters, but 4 is a tiny amount. I did play the demo and I like the new tag and gem mechanics, just the art style is not super great imo. Hopefully they touch it up before september
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

ScottC

• RPGFan Editor
  • Manderville Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 01:53:52 AM »
The art style is hideous and I am not a fan of the roster but it still something I'll play.  Looking forward to Venom if he is a DLC character. 

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 09:54:58 AM »
I played the demo and the story stuff is legitimately cool.  Lots of nerdy awesomeness.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 02:38:45 PM »
X and Sigma. This shit is FIYAH!

Also Zero...#drool

TASTY!

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2017, 07:15:26 PM »
Anyone here playing Tekken 7? I'm still installing the rest of the game, but...was Tekken's arcade mode always so short??? I was wondering why I was at Heihatchi at stage 4, and the final boss at stage 5, and I kept getting annoyed thinking, "It's only going to get more aggrevating from here"...but that was it. I beat the boss, roll credits. It's a good thing there's more content than just Arcade mode, but geez...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 03:39:26 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2017, 09:01:41 PM »
Anyone here playing Tekken 7? I'm still installing the rest of the game, but...was Tekken's arcade mode always so short??? I was wondering why I was at Heihatchi at stage 3, and the final boss at stage 4, and I kept getting annoying thinking, "It's only going to get more aggrivating from here"...but that was it. I beat the boss, roll credits. It's a good thing there's more content than just Arcade mode, but geez...

Tekken 6 had the same number of matches per fighter.

Of course, you were expected to run through it with everybody to unlock their openings & endings.

That said, the final boss on that mode was balls (I won't go so far as to refer to it as an SNK level boss, but it was getting close given the weird/hard-to-hit hitbox, large moves, various massive extremities, massive desperation powerup window and projectile spam), and you had to beat it with everybody.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 11:42:48 PM »
Yeah, Harada apparently went medieval when designing the final bosses this time around. Not gonna spoil who, but each different boss is seriously a pain in the ass. I had to spam bullshit hits to beat them in treasure battls when they appeared...though I did in turn manage a 70 win streak once...

TASTY!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2017, 10:30:40 AM »
I excited to play Tekken 7, but I'm gonna wait for a sale. Tag Tournament 2 still has plenty of life left in the meantime.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 10:34:04 AM »
I'll probably skip Tekken 7 entirely.  When I want to play it, I'll just go back to 6 and play the stellar Scenario Campaign again.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 12:52:05 PM »
I'll probably skip Tekken 7 entirely.  When I want to play it, I'll just go back to 6 and play the stellar Scenario Campaign again.
Tekken 7 is still pretty good imo. It's just harder now. It looks great though, and the major story mode is interesting...albeit HARD AS FUCK...but that's mostly because they force you to use specific characters.

TASTY!

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2017, 01:55:49 PM »
Yeah, I think I only raged yesterday because I was trophy-hunting. I usually avoid doing that, but most of the trophies are pretty easy to get, except obtaining Brawler/Warrior ranks. That is legitimately frustrating. The story mode should at least make the frustration worth it, but getting those promotion chances aren't as easy as I anticipated.

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 12:51:47 AM »
a bit late I guess but CEO is this weekend. most of the top 8s finish up tomorrow so tune in if you're interested. CEO is usually the last major tournament before evo so it gets a lot of attention. Here's the schedule and streams
http://ceogaming.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/CEO2017schedulefinal.png

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2017, 08:32:28 AM »
I don't like double posting, but Evolution 2017 is also a week away.

On a very bizarre note, Marvel vs Capcom infinite is currently only $42 for the ps4 physical version on amazon and I cannot figure out why. You can say the bad publicity has hurt it, but then why only the physical ps4 version? the Xbone version is still 60. We'll find out in 2 months