Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #19875 on: October 16, 2017, 02:25:44 PM »
Please, do everything you can to not become a bumbling dad!

Apparently, some people get different amounts of wisdom teeth. My brother in law never got any. Lucky bastard. I had my fantastic four taken out at one time, so they knocked me out for it.

Yep. There's no guarantee your wisdom teeth will actually pop up. In my case it was like:

Age 18: Looks like's there is nothing there. They might emerge, but it's starting to become unlikely.

Age 21: No activity, but we'll keep an eye on it. Looks like you're pretty lucky!

Age 25: You have nothing worry about. The chance of wisdom teeth emerging at this age is very, very small.

Age 30: Here's a referal to a dental surgeon.

They figure the other ones will stay where they are, embedded in bone. But hey, life's a lottery!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19876 on: October 16, 2017, 02:31:12 PM »
So, am I the only one who has all 4 of his wisdom teeth still in?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19877 on: October 16, 2017, 03:48:23 PM »
Awh, happy wedding day Rucks <3 I wish you a lifetime of happiness. And less clogged toilets.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #19878 on: October 16, 2017, 04:59:13 PM »
Wedding was awesome. We had it in our backyard.  Which seemed like a great idea until someone clogged both of our toilets and it turned into a literal shit show.

"Those memories that will last a lifetime"

Better a brown wedding than a red wedding ;)

Missing 2 on the top. There just wasn't enough room for them.
Initially they thought all 4 wouldn't have the room to grow but the 2 on the bottom somehow managed to come out cleanly.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:01:31 PM by Annubis »

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #19879 on: October 16, 2017, 05:20:07 PM »
I had all four of mine removed when I was 14 or something like that. Two of them were coming in straight, but they wanted to remove them as well to keep my top and bottom teeth even. While they were at it, they removed four other teeth because I had braces at the time because of overcrowding. Apparently I have a small mouth and thus have 8 less teeth than you?

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19880 on: October 16, 2017, 05:32:48 PM »
Wedding was awesome. We had it in our backyard.  Which seemed like a great idea until someone clogged both of our toilets and it turned into a literal shit show.

"Those memories that will last a lifetime"

Better a brown wedding than a red wedding ;)

ok this made me laugh

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "glad I don't have the bloops"

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #19881 on: October 16, 2017, 06:18:57 PM »
@Arvis - I too still have all of my wisdom teeth.  Of course that begs the question: If I still have all my "wisdom" teeth, then why am I still a freaking moron?

@Rucks - I think somewhere there is an old saying that if rain (or something else disastrous) happens at a wedding, then that means the marriage will be strong and last.  And though it seems logical to rent some port-o-pottys for a backyard wedding, it's impossible to do that without it looking kinda trashy, especially since a wedding is supposed to be a classy event.   And kudos for your wedding cake being carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.  I almost never hear of wedding cakes being that. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:21:10 PM by Dincrest »
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends."
     -Schmendrick (The Last Unicorn)

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19882 on: October 17, 2017, 10:13:23 AM »
I had all four of mine removed when I was 14 or something like that. Two of them were coming in straight, but they wanted to remove them as well to keep my top and bottom teeth even. While they were at it, they removed four other teeth because I had braces at the time because of overcrowding. Apparently I have a small mouth and thus have 8 less teeth than you?

I feel weird having 8 more teeth than someone else my age.
TBF, a guy in my office has no teeth at all.  His are false, and he's about my age, too.  No idea how that happened.

@Dincrest - I wonder that same thing (about myself) all the time!
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Seultoria

• 시발놈
    • View Profile
« Reply #19883 on: October 18, 2017, 07:16:44 AM »
I feel weird for only have 25 teeth. One of my bottom incisors never came in, I had two molars on top removed when the dentists rearranged my teeth before getting braces, and had all four wisdom teeth come out.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19884 on: October 18, 2017, 10:04:36 AM »
I feel weird for only have 25 teeth. One of my bottom incisors never came in, I had two molars on top removed when the dentists rearranged my teeth before getting braces, and had all four wisdom teeth come out.
I actually have a similar issue. 2 of my bottom incisors didn't come in and the baby tooth never fell out, so I have a lovely mini tooth and a lot of gaps. No toothy smiles for me!

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19885 on: October 18, 2017, 11:13:25 AM »
What happened to that funny guy with the avatar of Macha's face glitching through a chair in Xenosaga who played all those weird import RPGs?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19886 on: October 18, 2017, 01:48:24 PM »
What happened to that funny guy with the avatar of Macha's face glitching through a chair in Xenosaga who played all those weird import RPGs?
Yeah, Mesh hasn't been around in ages....hope he's doing ok.

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19887 on: October 18, 2017, 02:04:44 PM »
Yeah, Mesh hasn't been around in ages....hope he's doing ok.

Right!  Yes, @MeshGearFox that's the guy.  I miss him.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19888 on: October 18, 2017, 03:19:33 PM »
I also miss him. :(

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19889 on: October 18, 2017, 04:02:38 PM »
Playing PCE Engine stuff mostly -- Tenshi no Uta, Manjimaru, Rondo of Blood, Blood Gear, and Splash Lake in particular.

Also Secret of Mana (not a PCE game, obviously!)

Not really playing No Man's Sky since 1.3 made some changes I'm not really in love with (planet gen is a very noticeable step down from 1.24, animal gen is... off, the new biomes are very repetitive  because none of the new plants or plant-like... things they have are procedural/vary, also the more realistic plants really, really clash with the existing, more fantastical ones, and I'm not in love with the new HD textures), so I'm waiting to see if those get addressed at all or if I should just roll back to 1.24.

Booted up A-Train 9 for a bit and didn't really play it, just went into ride mode and... watched that, and it was nice, and I'd really like finding some mostly non-violent/low-violence city exploration thing, although one with more persistence and less alien-ness than say Bernband. Something like Persona 5 maybe but without the actually game-like elements. Guess this is a good excuse to go back and finish Shenmue.

Although most urban, explorationy things are more in the GTA-style so not at all non-violent and like...

I had this moment the other day that maybe speaks to my I pretty much don't play a lot of modern games anymore, but I was watching someone stream the new Monster Hunter game the other day and half-way through whatever hunt that was, the target monster starts limping and trying to run away from the player, which is a visual cue that the boss is getting low on health and what you're doing is working, etc. But like, mentally I'm registering this as "this is a hurt and scared animal" and I had to shut the stream off because it was making me really uncomfortable?

This was his last post, back at the end of August (although I guess he's logged in and lurked as recently as mid-September?) so maybe No Man's Sky is just really that good now?