Author Topic: Starmongoose - Let's Play Fire Emblem Path of Radiance!

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
Re: Starmongoose - Let's Play Fire Emblem Path of Radiance!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 11:16:19 AM »
Gah! I recorded episode two but the game audio is just a wee bit too loud compared to my voice. I'm still gonna upload it just to keep the momentum going, but yeah, I'll keep an eye out for that in future. Editing now.

I know a lot of Lets Players will record their voice audio separate from the game recording so if that ends up being the case, it's just a matter of rebalancing it in post production. Not sure if that's an option for you, but I bet it's easy enough to set up.

Also, finally got around to watching the first episode and I really liked it. Loved the inclusion of gameplay tips without making it sound like a walkthrough, and the commentary itself was very entertaining!

And what the hell are bandits doing badmouthing the mercenary lifestyle?

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 12:52:44 PM »
Yeah! I totally know about the separate audio and video thing butttttt, for the moment, I'm just doing the easiest thing. I'm getting used to recording and my boyfriend is getting used to editing - so for now that's what we feel comfortable on. Of course, problems like this prop up, but I can be more vigilant when sound testing and stop that.

I'm super glad you like the first episode. ^^ Episode 2 is uploading as we speak. Everyone gets a name drop! Woo!

And I know, the hell? You murder people for a livin' dood, hardly an upstanding citizen yourself.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 02:10:25 PM »
My Channel (Shitty Cover art and all, shh it's a placeholder) = (Clicky!)

You know i make graphic thingies from time to time... :P

But good!  I suck nut at these games, and some are just hard to find... I will play vicariously though you!
Otherwise I look forward to it!  I'm subscribed and watching as we speak!

This is probably the hardest one to find out of all the western released games (mostly due to being released late in the GameCube's life and the series still being relatively niche since it had yet to embrace the waifus/husbandos).

That said, this was (and perhaps still is) the best FE game released in the west at the time (or to date; though Fates is pretty keenly set up to take that crown either way) and a return to form of sorts over the more mechanically shallower GBA era games (namely due to the return of Skills, the improved Supports system (one that I really wish they'd reimplement since you didn't have to fuss over keeping certain characters joined at the hip), the start of the end of the Weapon Weight mechanic and the return of items that influenced stat growth (not that they do that much and you need to be in NG+ to use them anyways (you are playing this on NG+ Star? Aren't you?))).

Anyways, here's hoping you stick to this one (though admittedly, I haven't made much progress in WA2 in a while either) Mongoose. Also, I dare you to make use of Lucia on every available chapter after you recruit her (or failing that, get Ilyana to 20/20 and use Rexbolt).

Agreed. Path of Radiance is excellent in terms of story, gameplay, and characters. The only real criticism most people had was that the battle animations were pretty boring and repetitive.

I unfortunately won't be able to watch your all of your playthrough, but I'll watch when I'm able since I haven't played this one probably since Radiant Dawn was released.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 03:05:47 PM »
No worries Jimmy. :) It's all good! Watch as much or as little as you want. <3 It's not like I give cake to the people who watch all the episode or anything. (OR DO I?)

Episode 2 is now live guys! It's a pretty fun one when you get past the audio problems! Clicky!

:)

Wild Armor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2015, 05:03:16 PM »
Whoa there's cake?!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 05:11:56 PM »
Whoa there's cake?!

No! I explicitly said there was NO cake! We're all outta cake!

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 07:05:37 PM »
Mouse cursor

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2015, 07:32:10 PM »
Oh yeah! That! I meant to apologize for that toooooooooo. Sorry. I didn't actually know it would be picked up. :x

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2015, 09:35:18 PM »
My Channel (Shitty Cover art and all, shh it's a placeholder) = (Clicky!)

You know i make graphic thingies from time to time... :P

But good!  I suck nut at these games, and some are just hard to find... I will play vicariously though you!
Otherwise I look forward to it!  I'm subscribed and watching as we speak!

This is probably the hardest one to find out of all the western released games (mostly due to being released late in the GameCube's life and the series still being relatively niche since it had yet to embrace the waifus/husbandos).

That said, this was (and perhaps still is) the best FE game released in the west at the time (or to date; though Fates is pretty keenly set up to take that crown either way) and a return to form of sorts over the more mechanically shallower GBA era games (namely due to the return of Skills, the improved Supports system (one that I really wish they'd reimplement since you didn't have to fuss over keeping certain characters joined at the hip), the start of the end of the Weapon Weight mechanic and the return of items that influenced stat growth (not that they do that much and you need to be in NG+ to use them anyways (you are playing this on NG+ Star? Aren't you?))).

Anyways, here's hoping you stick to this one (though admittedly, I haven't made much progress in WA2 in a while either) Mongoose. Also, I dare you to make use of Lucia on every available chapter after you recruit her (or failing that, get Ilyana to 20/20 and use Rexbolt).

Agreed. Path of Radiance is excellent in terms of story, gameplay, and characters. The only real criticism most people had was that the battle animations were pretty boring and repetitive.

I unfortunately won't be able to watch your all of your playthrough, but I'll watch when I'm able since I haven't played this one probably since Radiant Dawn was released.

Unfortunately, PoR tried to use the motions and effects that FEs 4 and 5 used but those were 2D games and this was IntSys's first stab at a 3D game. They've gotten substantially better since, but you still need to play through this game at least once to be able to turn off battle animations.

Whoa there's cake?!

No! I explicitly said there was NO cake! We're all outta cake!

The cake is a lie. :(
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 06:59:05 PM »
Episode 3 is live guys! With more pirates than you can shake a stick at! (For better or for worse...)

Clicky!

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 07:06:39 PM »
Only two episodes in and I already want to put Awakening back in my 3DS. Your passion is very infectous.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 07:08:08 PM »
You just put a big smile on my face Klutz. :) Thanks so much! <3

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2015, 04:15:03 PM »
Episode 4 is up! :)

The plot is heating up o.o

Clicky!

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2015, 01:48:31 AM »
I request more high-pitch reading for a female character! x)

So far so great though, I love the combination gameplay and 'haps' commentary.  I love the small touches where you edit bits, the dancers, the music, the moods, the "shit" that happens.  All golden.  Keep it up, I love listening in!!!

I also just want to add I'm loving the characters, mostly because I love Senri Kita's use of very peculiar palettes (and his complete neglect of pale or drab colours one might expect from a medieval title).  I mean Ike and Misty are basically composed of primary colours, or Rolf who looks like he dipped his head in a bucket of highlighter fluid.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2015, 07:29:44 PM »
Thanks Dice. :D It means a lot. I'm really enjoying doing these.

Big channel update guys! ^^ Lots of cool art and also a new video! That's Part 5 now.

Clicky!