Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Starmongoose on Today at 02:08:03 PM »
@Jimmy : Well, I wasn't intending to write a snarky response. I was just going to say if you have ideas to help make the forums more active, lemme know. Even if you don't believe me, I never made the Discord with the intention of replacing the forums. It was actually users here who suggested we make it.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Tales of Discussion 2: Dawn of the New Megathread
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 01:41:18 PM »
I hope the main female in this one is just completely naked (save for just a cape).

Day 1 purchase for me.

LOL Frosty!  You always put a grin on my face in spite of myself. :P
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 01:30:32 PM »
^ I feel you. I also prefer the better-organized format of the boards. It's the perfect venue for weirdo asocial people like me who like their human communication to be limited, less direct, and somewhat more thought out.
It saddens me a bit the boards are so quiet these days, but I have no interest in Discord. I recognize that live chat formats are a natural evolution for people who like to talk to each other online regularly, but I've never liked chat room stuff (to the relief of some here, I'm sure). It's like being on one of those group phone calls where everyone is talking over each other. Bah!
It is what it is. I'll creep until the boards go quiet (which of course, I hope never happens).

I honestly think the biggest reason is that it's just more convenient to use on phones, which I don't care for.  I don't like being constantly connected.  #alsooldandweird
« Last post by Rucks on Today at 12:55:46 PM »
I prefer the forums too.  Much more organized.  I can find specific things that were said 10 years ago with relative ease and that's just not possible with Discord. 

But, if that's the way the wind is blowing, then I really have no other choice.  Where else am I going to shout about pixels with strangers?
« Last post by Jimmy on Today at 12:30:24 PM »
Same thing here. I'm not on social media at all. I'm either here or Resetera.
The forums feel 100x more organized and easier to engage. Everytime I look at the Discord I dont know what people are talking about because the conversation started an hour ago and fuck scrolling on Discord.

Yeah, I remember checking it out when it was launched and thinking the same thing. I'm glad that people are still posting on the boards though it saddens me this once incredibly active community has waned so much.

I guess what irks me somewhat is the site administration's saying that Discord was not meant to replace the forums, but that's what Nintendo said about the DS replacing the GBA. I'd rather they invested more energy into the forums than add something that basically reads like a more formal yet disorganized version of the old RPGFan IRC. I don't understand why they'd think it was a good idea to split the community.

Naturally if any administrators are reading this, I'm sure you're planning a snarky response. Just know in advance that I don't buy whatever it is you're going to say.

Like Neal, I'll join Discord if that's what it comes to as this has been the only online community I've interacted with in over a decade, but I'd prefer to stick to the forums.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Hathen on Today at 12:08:59 PM »
The first summer banner was leaked for real, and we're getting yet another alt-first character in Noire, yet another Cordelia, and the Frelia siblings. Innes appears to be an axe flier (can't imagine a flag being anything else), Cordelia's a horse lance because we totally needed more of those, Noire's another colorless infantry bow (don't get why they didn't take the opportunity to make her another color), and Tana is a Red tome flier. Tana seems to be the winner of the banner with what seems like a Prf tome, while the rest get a +2 all stats on initiation weapon.

I'm telling my orb hand stay down for the moment though, the upcoming Hector/Matthew BHB means I'll have a chance at Hector sooner than I thought. Got about 230 orbs so far which gives me a decentish chance to get at least one of the guy- assuming whatever Legendary that comes before that doesn't get me to splurge. On that note, with Matthew getting a BHB I'm going to guess he's up for the refinery in a July update. Out of all the daggers in the game, he probably needs it the most (well, arguable whether him or Jakob is worse).

As for the new +_+, I've been autobattling Hard 30 for the most part- this one's pretty unforgiving even with me using 3 bonus units (Canas, Karel, and 4* Linus). I already capped HM on Jaffar, but not before giving him the Mountain Dew upgrade. Worth it IMO, I think the guy's underrated as hell on all the tier lists, he's a great unit to have for Arena Assault and a real cheesy character for Rival Domains-style maps. Anyway, Live to Serve as a seal is actually pretty nice, but it feels a bit too niche to justify upgrading. Same with Earth Dance. Res Tactic has its obvious uses though.

Also tangentially related but I might as well post it here- I've been playing through PoR so soon I can bellyache about which of my favorite units aren't included in Heroes too. So far I have to say Astrid is probably on my list since I was saving my BEXP like everyone saves Elixirs in a FF game, so once I got Astrid the game has basically been over. Probably the only Est I've played with who isn't completely underwhelming.
I hope the main female in this one is just completely naked (save for just a cape).

Day 1 purchase for me.
« Last post by Frostillicus on Today at 11:32:00 AM »
^ I feel you. I also prefer the better-organized format of the boards. It's the perfect venue for weirdo asocial people like me who like their human communication to be limited, less direct, and somewhat more thought out.
It saddens me a bit the boards are so quiet these days, but I have no interest in Discord. I recognize that live chat formats are a natural evolution for people who like to talk to each other online regularly, but I've never liked chat room stuff (to the relief of some here, I'm sure). It's like being on one of those group phone calls where everyone is talking over each other. Bah!
It is what it is. I'll creep until the boards go quiet (which of course, I hope never happens).
« Last post by Electricb7 on Today at 11:23:40 AM »
Same thing here. I'm not on social media at all. I'm either here or Resetera.
The forums feel 100x more organized and easier to engage. Everytime I look at the Discord I dont know what people are talking about because the conversation started an hour ago and fuck scrolling on Discord.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Tales of Discussion 2: Dawn of the New Megathread
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 11:21:02 AM »
Yes I could definitely see them going that route for a Tales game, Din, and when the heck did I make it into your sig?  I'm honored.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10