Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 01:06:05 AM »
Somebody, get Reddit on the line. We're finally getting one of those questionnaires that used to be Japan only, and the first question involves asking "How many Ice Pillars strike Surtr's Spirit Bomb in Book 2's opening movie?" A.(17) B.(27) or C.(37)

That's not the kind of question I was hoping to test my mettle on.

(Looking at the actual video on my phone, its either 'B' or 'C' since 17 is way too few (unfortunately, the phone version hides several of those ice pillars just off screen, along with foreground hogging pillars blocking most of what should be visible; plus there's a fucking bunch from outta nowhere staying almost completely off screen until the very last half-second), my guess would be 'B'.)
General Discussions / Re: Humble Bundle
« Last post by Annubis on Yesterday at 09:18:34 PM »
Really fun games to play when having people over.
Yeah... people to play with is why I'm not getting it =/
General Discussions / Re: Humble Bundle
« Last post by kofvscapcom on Yesterday at 08:41:36 PM »
Wow, it has been awhile, but this bundle is really good so I feel like I have to poke people for this. If you don't have the jackbox party pack stuff it's really good. It includes all 3 of the party packs, Drawful 2 and a bunch of the You Don't Know Jack games. Really fun games to play when having people over. I also got the humble monthly for Tales of Berseria.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/jackbox-party-bundle
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Things you can't bear in a JRPG
« Last post by Agent D. on Yesterday at 08:36:07 PM »
I also liked how the Kingdom Hearts games had different battle music in each of their worlds.
KH2's Pirates of the Carribean world music will always hold a special place in my heart as a strangely awesome beatdown theme.
« Last post by Der Jermeister on Yesterday at 07:12:38 PM »
I also liked how the Kingdom Hearts games had different battle music in each of their worlds.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 06:20:20 PM »
There is some good news and bad news in regards to Langrisser recently.

The good news is that someone else is taking a stab at it, and it looks a hell of a lot better than Resurrection Resurrection ever did.

The bad news of course is that its Mobage.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/31/langrisser-mobile-developers-talk-about-why-they-chose-the-series/

But what really annoys me is that Atlus won't let the Langrisser/Growlanser/Devil Survivor team do anything else along those lines (of course, I don't even know if they're still around at this point).

Edit: And on the subject of SRPG binges, https://gematsu.com/2018/08/strategy-rpg-vestaria-saga-for-pc-coming-west-in-2019

The race is on to see whether this or Tree House comes out first.

Having posted this though,

...this might not be the best news. :V
« Last post by Agent D. on Yesterday at 05:58:53 PM »
One thing in particular you really had to appreciate about skies of arcadia was that dynamic boss theme, how it changed based on situation. More rpgs should do that.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Tomara on Yesterday at 04:30:50 PM »
Summer Soren talk about the rightful place of subhumans.

That sounds more like a 'drunk Shinon at a summer bbq' kind of thing. Summer Soren would probably be basically Summer Leo but with fewer tomatoes and more glaring.

My odds will probably be about the same there anyway given that this is a 4-Focus banner and she's Red.

It's 2.55% (current chance) versus 2,30% (based on the last Legendary Banner), so yeah, not much of a step back.

+_+ is here again and the maps are a marathon of all the final maps from previous Tempests. Without their respective asshole bosses they're not nearly as hard, but with 7/8 bonus units being swords autobattling will probably not be as effective as usual.

6/8, actually. Not that it's much of an improvement.
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 02:40:33 PM »
I think Legaia was one of the few instances where an "anime-thing" visually aged up the characters rather than vice versa.  Normally, characters are drawn to look way younger than they really are.
It's bad in any case! All media needs to stop this shit! I mean for fucks sake, why do they make 30+ year olds play high school girls in movies and tv shows!?!? Just knock it off already!

I think that sentiment rang more true during the 1990s with Beverly Hills 90210 being the scapegoat for that.  But nowadays, it's far more common to see teenage dramatic roles played by teenage actors.  However, when roles call for racy scenes and such, you do get 20-somethings playing teens because of laws that protect minors.  Of course in family sitcoms and such, the age differences between the actors and characters are almost nil, since it's all family friendly content. 

In the case of Moaning Myrtle in the Harry Potter films, they needed an adult to play her because adults don't age as rapidly as tweens/teens do and Myrtle (being a ghost) cannot have aged between 2002's Chamber and 2005's Goblet.  Look how quickly Harry, Ron, and Hermione aged between each film.  That being said, Moaning Myrtle's actress being 37 in Chamber and 40 in Goblet does up the creepy factor a bit. 

EDIT: And I wonder, why do most JRPGs only have ONE standard battle theme?  You spend more time in normal battles than anywhere else, therefore that's the song you hear the most.  The normal battle theme is the piece of music that usually makes or breaks a soundtrack for me, but even the best normal battle themes can get grating after 40-60 hours, especially when you only get to hear the first few bars before making the kill. 

And re: Legaia.  I heard that the sequel, Legaia 2: Duel Saga, was actually quite good. 
« Last post by Limlight on Yesterday at 01:05:42 PM »
legaia is definitely not for the impatient, it's slow, high encounter rates etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10