Author Topic: E3 2016: E3 2015 was better Edition.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2016: E3 2015 was better Edition.
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 06:43:57 PM »
^You three already playing the "too cool for the show" card? That might be a new record.

No. I'm calling a boring press event boring.

Not like I'm complaining about how much time they spent talking about sports or anything like that. The show had a few good moments, like the EA Originals announcement and the Titanfall 2 trailers, but otherwise it felt sterile and uninspired.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 07:16:13 PM »
EA was always the filler between Microsoft and Sony that I watched because I had nothing better to do that day (plus I'm fairly nocturnal on a regular basis so I wasn't being facetious about me being asleep at the time).

And frankly, EA cutting the line did them no favors since Microsoft typically covers most of their warez anyways (especially since Microsoft has nothing of its own beyond Bungie so they need warez from somewhere to fill the time between their pie charts/bar graphs/self-flagellation to their latest dead on arrival consumer bilking scheme/advertisements to completely unrelated products like tablets, shoes, cars etc) and they're far more entertaining about it than EA really ever was (you'd get longer trailers but you don't get the technical difficulties or the shameless commercials).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2016, 08:30:37 PM »
^I've been better with EA's mostly clean presentations than with Nintendo's live streams in the last few years on my end.

Yeah, man, just look at those shades. He don't need no E3 - he IS the show!

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2016, 08:40:10 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot Titanfall 2 was a thing.
*Googles*
  • Singleplayer Footage
  • PS4 version

And you officially have my attention again, EA. Congratz.

Wait.

*Checks Mirror's Edge 2 on Metacritics*
*Sees that it isn't terrible and/or utterly broken on release*

My my, maybe there's hope yet for a new leaf?

EDIT: @Yggdrasilly

I just changed my avatar, why must you tempt me?!

...Might make a good BL banner, though...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:53:44 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2016, 09:30:48 PM »
Got back from work and just watched the super best friends stream of the EA conference. I think it was actually quite good, yeah there's a lotta sports stuff but those are probably the franchises that make them the most money so it's understandable. Titanfall 2's supposedly multiplatform and it looks great, so thankfully I'll actually be able to play it this time.

Not much shown of new Mass Effect, but we do know that we got returning races like Krogan and Asari. Plus we get Mako 2.0. I got some confidence this new game'll be good since the slate's mostly wiped clean and they don't have the pressure to carry over decisions made in previous games. We kinda got shown in 3 that there's just no way to fit in all your previous decisions, same with dragon age inquisition. Sure some of the storylines that did carry through all 3 games were cool like punching the reporter and Conrad Verner was hilarious, but the expectations were just too great for ME 3. Either way, look forward to more media on this.

Onto Bethesda stuff in half an hour. We know about Dishonored 2 already, wonder if they have any actual surprises.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2016, 11:23:14 PM »
Bethesda's come and gone. They announced a new Quake and something called Prey (wasn't there another game called Prey that featured something involving gravity shenanigans or something), but they really didn't have anything terribly interesting.

That said, that Elder Scrolls: Dark Brotherhood trailer sounded like I was in some incredibly hokey haunted house ("Filled with BLUUD! And GUUTS! And FEER! And DEETH!").

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2016, 11:53:54 PM »
^ As a friend of mine pointed out, the Prey franchise now consists of two games: Prey, and Prey.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:02:07 AM by Klutz64 »

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2016, 11:58:42 PM »
I remember Prey!  It was going to be the coolest game ever...like, back in 1996 (when single-syllable non-descriptive names were all the rage).  Wait, it actually got released?  I just remember it as DNF-level vaporware.  I guess by the time it was released I had stopped paying attention.

But hey, why not reboot a 'franchise' with only one game in it that everyone forgot about!

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2016, 12:18:31 AM »
I remember Prey!  It was going to be the coolest game ever...like, back in 1996 (when single-syllable non-descriptive names were all the rage).  Wait, it actually got released?  I just remember it as DNF-level vaporware.  I guess by the time it was released I had stopped paying attention.

But hey, why not reboot a 'franchise' with only one game in it that everyone forgot about!

Like in 2006 or something. There apparently was also going to be a sequel which ended up becoming vaporware (so I guess this would be it).

Not that Bethesda has really abandoned the single word, non-descriptive names since (Elder Scrolls continues to be their big exception).

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2016, 11:33:05 AM »
Honestly, the first Prey was pretty cool. I haven't played it in a while, though. Maybe I should buy it...except shipping from Gamestop costs more than the game itself...and the PC version's long gone...and my 360's not connected to the internet...and no Xbone BC yet (and is highly unlikely judging from the amount of votes), so I can't play it should my old Jasper spontaneously combust...

So how about that reboot? Looks nice, eh?

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2016, 02:08:39 PM »
Gotta admit it. Microsoft's wasn't the barren wasteland I was expecting. Definitely wasn't expecting anything like FFXV to show up or Tekken 7 to troll and Scalebound looks nice.

That said, could they have at least not done so many panning shots of the audience everytime they showed game footage? That got really annoying, really fast.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 02:29:21 PM »
Speaking of Tekken 7:

Yes.
Just...

YES

I missed you, Tekken.

Well, non-Tag Team Tekken. TT's still good, but a little too hectic sometimes because of all the switching, makes it harder to get into the flow of things.

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2016, 02:31:01 PM »
Yeah, lots of stuff looked good. Never played a Dead Rising, but the DR4 trailer made me smile.

That being said:

"Please, buy this cool new XBox One we're introducing. Also, please buy the other new more powerful XBox One we're introducing next year."

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2016, 03:00:12 PM »
@Mickeymac92: Tekken Tag 2 is one of the most solid fighting games I've had the pleasure to play. And Tekken 7 has been very good as well despite leaving behind a bit of tradition and putting Street Fighter nonsense in the form of gameplay and Akuma, whom I've never been a fan nor cared about. But hey, for all the hours and hours I've seen of Tekken 7 and FR on streams, I can tell it might end up being as good or close to Tag 2.

And unrelated to Tekken, I liked the enthusiasm of that dude from CD Projekt Red on stage showing off Gwent.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2016, 03:01:46 PM »
Speaking of Tekken 7:

Yes.
Just...

YES

I missed you, Tekken.

Well, non-Tag Team Tekken. TT's still good, but a little too hectic sometimes because of all the switching, makes it harder to get into the flow of things.

But will it have Force Mode/Scenario Campaign?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons