Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Metal Max Xeno announced for the west.
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Today at 01:55:06 PM »
^That's your perogative, but I would like to remind you that we aren't exactly talking about a well-known game series here, and one we're really lucky they're even considering to release outside of Japan - not because of a lack of quality, but because publishers these days tend to play it safe and would rather focus on well-known, established brands when possible. Even NISA had been focusing a little hard on Disgaea for a while, and I'm sure Ys VIII must've been an expensive license, so I'm surprised they're bothering to branch out so soon like this. But as a fan of Mad Max and Metal Max...I'd at least like you to keep in mind that game publishing is still a business, and sometimes they're going to make decisions that have nothing to do with the actual quality of the game in question.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Marshmallow on Today at 12:26:38 PM »
Its different from a housing bubble. You can walk away from a bad mortage, you can't walk away from student loan debt. So the banks are eventually gonna get paid.

True.  Even if you declare bankruptcy, student loan debt does not get forgiven and you still have to pay the piper.  Makes no dagnab sense.

Or go into public service.  Pay your loans for 10 years and then (usually) the rest is forgiven.  It's a great way to subsidize lower paying jobs where you have to get expensive degrees to be qualified.

Public service would be a good idea if your loan balance is inordinately high, but depending upon the situation you might end up paying more in interest this way than if you just focused on paying off your loans as quickly as possible.  My job would have qualified for loan forgiveness but my loan balance (~$20,000) was low enough that I was able to work a full-time and part time job and pay off my loans in 3 years.  Were I counting on the public service loan forgiveness I would still be paying off my loans today with about 3 years left before receiving loan forgiveness.

That said, I can see this being totally worth it if you have six-figure student loan debts or come close to it.  My wife is still paying off her ~$40,000 loan balance, and I'm sad that the loan forgiveness thing doesn't extend to spouses.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Metal Max Xeno announced for the west.
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on Today at 10:43:14 AM »
Probably.  To be honest, part of the reason I am passing on the game is because it's a half assed effort.  If you aren't going to bother with adding English voice acting and doing a barebones localization, why should I invest my time and money in this game.  It's clear someone at NISA decided this game isn't worth doing a proper and complete localization, so why should I play this game?

I should note that I am Setsuna didn't also didn't have its voiced dialogue redone in English.  While this was annoying, it was insignificant in terms of content.  It was literally just battle voices, so that isn't much of an issue.  However, according to a clip of the game's cut scenes I found on Youtube, there is a considerable amount of voice acting that NISA isn't redoing.  This seriously pisses me off as in this day and age, this amounts to half a job.  Fuck them!

If this game ends up in the bargain bin, I still won't touch it.  The only way I would ever consider playing this game is if it becomes a monthly freebie to Playstation Plus members. 

One last thing, in spite of all my complaints about it, I don't have a problem with including the original Japanese audio so long as English voice work is also present.  I know a lot of fans prefer listening to the original language so making the original dialogue available makes sense.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 11:27:19 PM »
All this talk about the Megaman X Legacy Collection motivated me to replay MMX1 for the umpteenth time. Still a solid game, even if yeah, the weapons aren't particularly good in this (aside from Storm Eagle's and Flame Mammoth's) and the Helmet Upgrade and Hadoken being worthless (Vile still nosells the bloody thing).
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 11:22:54 PM »
Watching the new FMP made me realize how little I remember about FMP.
I hope they trickle down some info at the start because I'm pretty lost about the plot already =/

Good luck with this. They're bumrushing the plot and they already skipped some filler (with the only detail of consequence being the end of the already barely there love triangle between Sousuke, Kaname and Tessa).

At least I'm happy that they're trying to keep it set in its original time period, given how anachronistic some of the future tech ends up being compared to what we got today.
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Rook on Yesterday at 09:03:34 PM »

Hinamatsuri
Now THIS! THIS is my recommendation. It is hilarious.
A yakuza ends up giving shelter to a psychic young girl. Wacky things ensue.
The side cast is also incredible. Goddamn Mishima Hitomi is a goldmine of humor.

THIS.....is amazing

I also watched about 15 minutes of P5 and decided I like the not yet existent dub better and will just wait for that.
General Discussions / Re: Youtube
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 08:20:39 PM »
This 11-12 year old bassist's groove, pocket, and phrasing are incredible for one so young.  The force is mighty with this one.  He plays with a maturity that many adults can't muster. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_VcWaKS_eA
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Horizon Zero Dawn
« Last post by Agent D. on Yesterday at 05:16:56 PM »
I'm probably going to give this game a go around once I've dusted off Tales of Beseria and Whys VIII.

Yeah... glad you did that edit. It was pretty tactless prior.

Also, I got the wrong forums poster. I was thinking that Artimicia managed to somehow unbanninate his/herself to post about the game, which is what I thought Arvis' comment was about (now I have no fucking clue as to what he meant).

Also also, there are too many goddamn forums posters who's usernames start with the letter 'A'.
Arvis was referring to Alisha having a very minor complaint about the game, which is incredibly rare for her. She must really like it to co plain about such a minor thing.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 06:11:15 AM »

tl;dr - Selling my PC and getting a PS4. No hate for PCs. Just not currently working out for me.

Lately, it's been the opposite for me.  I've been finding myself veering away from consoles/handhelds in favor of playing games on my PC.  It helps that the kinds of games I like on consoles are very available on PC these days and that I have a good gamepad.  I don't have that great a PC now and there are other things in my life I'm saving up for, but I've been able to play some pretty solid games (for the site) and would definitely like a gaming PC in the future.  I may be done with handhelds since those tiny screens aren't helping my already poor eyesight and holding those things for long periods of time doesn't agree with my hands. 
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Horizon Zero Dawn
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 12:11:35 AM »
I'm probably going to give this game a go around once I've dusted off Tales of Beseria and Whys VIII.

Yeah... glad you did that edit. It was pretty tactless prior.

Also, I got the wrong forums poster. I was thinking that Artimicia managed to somehow unbanninate his/herself to post about the game, which is what I thought Arvis' comment was about (now I have no fucking clue as to what he meant).

Also also, there are too many goddamn forums posters who's usernames start with the letter 'A'.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10