Author Topic: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread

CDFN

• View Profile
Re: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread
« Reply #360 on: September 15, 2011, 04:51:34 AM »
You have to admit that the game looks amazing.

What? No...

I'm not talking about the art style (which I personally like) but the tech but then again that shouldn't be a surprise after XIII.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 15, 2011, 04:57:45 AM »
1/31 USA/Asia
2/3 Europe

Bah, February is so far away. Looks like there will be dlc for sure this time.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 15, 2011, 05:06:23 AM »
You have to admit that the game looks amazing.

What? No...

I'm not talking about the art style (which I personally like) but the tech but then again that shouldn't be a surprise after XIII.

Oh so you were talking about how it looks, my bad. But that's to be expected from a Final Fantasy game anyway.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 15, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 15, 2011, 09:41:18 AM »
The leader change is a huge deal for me, it will bring the battle system to a completely different level, this definitely fixes its biggest flaw.

Iron Maw

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 15, 2011, 11:58:05 AM »
Agreed.

There's also rumors of being able to change formation on the fly too!

Akanbe-

• Meep
    • View Profile
    • RPGamer
« Reply #366 on: September 15, 2011, 03:41:27 PM »
The leader change is a huge deal for me, it will bring the battle system to a completely different level, this definitely fixes its biggest flaw.

is it?  I thought the main party was Serah/Noel/monster or guest.  Is there much to change?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 15, 2011, 05:17:52 PM »
As long as there is a guest you have 3 to choose from during fights just like in XIII. Even when you only have Noel and Serah it's a lot better than being forced to play as either one or the other. The low number of available characters is an issue, but that doesn't invalidate the fact that being able to alternate between them during fights is extremely welcome.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #368 on: September 15, 2011, 07:50:55 PM »
So Hope's grown into a young woman while Snow became Sabretooth. Got it.

I laughed. x)

Hope looks a little too pretty, and Snow just looks like an asshole.  I kinda liked his more rugged, grunge look (he even had the plaid going!).

I wonder if Snow and Sera got divorced... they sure don't seem like a couple.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
« Reply #369 on: September 15, 2011, 08:38:05 PM »
Thoughts:

Snow doesn't look bad, IMO... and it's not even a really huge change for an FF sequel, just look at FFXII: Revenant Wings.

Hope looks great... don't know about the tie, that is a little bizzare, but he definitely seems a LOT more mature.

Noel looks like a young Laguna or Vayne... even more than... "Laguna's Son", but strangely, more masculine than either Laguna or Vayne

Sera still bothers the ever-loving hell out of me. Jesus. Two years, and she still hasn't grown a half-decent pair of hips! Hope she and Snow don't decide to have kids, or she'll die in childbirth! And she still has the voice of an 8-year-old. For God's sake, she reminds me of an elongated Momo! "Please, stay out of my body" (sorry, that was wrong). She's 19 for christ's sake! It's just so... WRONG... it's like she's got some kind of hormonal disease! Seeing her next to Snow was bad for the 3 minutes you saw it in FFXIII... but being reminded of it for a whole damned game? That's just goes against the Geneva convention! It was one of the most outspoken criticisms of the character design in FFXIII, and they had a real obvious opportunity to correct it, because the girl actually did age 2 years. Instead, they grew up everyone else (including Snow), and made it even more creepy!

And, yeah, I don't understand the whole thing about them "not being together" and "being divorced", cuz they look very much like a couple to me... unfortunately.

Look, I have high hopes for FFXIII-2 as a whole because of the gameplay revisions and non-linearity, but it still has the weakest lead in the series since Butz!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:41:05 PM by Prime Mover »

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #370 on: September 15, 2011, 10:08:13 PM »
Butz had a great name at least, and muthafucka could do anything he wanted [lulz]!.

Sera always disturbs me.  The mullet + side-ponytail has gotta go.  Her appearance is almost as unrealistic to real life as Lulu's "pregnant" belly in X-2.  I think I'm just more hating that I hate how Nomura designs hair for characters... Snow doesn't look bad, but his hair without the headband is like some Lion's mane, his hair can't go straight down like a normal persons, but up, and sideways, frayed-out, and spikey... It's just all over the place, and (like the running joke it) looks like it needs a full canteen of hair spray to make it work.

I do think Noel's face looks less pussy-ish though, but there's still something...off about it.  And good call on Laguna-looking-Noel.

I hate ranting, but I just hate the designs.  There's nothing very realistic about them, even if it is what they're going for, some are just too... out there and nothing shy of *very* flamboyant, it's all in excess and is so saturated.  I liked Lightning's gear till she stopped fitting in at all.  Everyone is sporting some neo-futuristic spandex, and Light stuck it out with... some medieval attire with a feather ass-cape.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 15, 2011, 10:28:40 PM »
The design of Lightning could make sense if she appears as a DLC character for Soul Calibur V.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

AuraChannelerChris

• The RPG Adventurer
  • Ultimate RPG Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 15, 2011, 11:25:31 PM »
These posts are making me laugh so hard...

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #373 on: September 16, 2011, 02:21:12 AM »
I should grow hair like Snow's. Those sideburns are glorious.

Demon_Princess_Kay

• Banninated
    • View Profile
    • My 1up page
« Reply #374 on: September 16, 2011, 04:26:19 AM »
Dear GOD NO! What the fuck did they do to Snow! I actually liked him in the first game. At least Serah looks hot though (yes as far as character designs go that's all I really care about)