Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 09:11:24 AM »
I don't wear T-shirts

I'm interested, tell me more.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Romancing SaGa 3 on Vita!
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 04:55:26 AM »
https://gematsu.com/2018/09/romancing-saga-3-remaster-launches-for-all-platforms-in-early-2019-in-japan-romancing-saga-re-universe-announced-for-smartphones

Necroing this thread because the ball is finally rolling on this. Sadly, it'll be 2019 before Japan gets it (so we'll be lucky to get it before the end of the decade), but at least its coming to all the systems (and the Vita too, even though its dead Jim (and has been for months)).

Meanwhile, they're apparently working on another mobage SaGa title that I have zero interest in.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by ironmage on Yesterday at 09:17:43 PM »
I went to the local entertainment expo (comic-con) last weekend.  It was quite crowded, which pushed me close to my limit, but I managed to decompress by hiding in a semi-enclosed anime/manga booth.  Although I spent about 15 minutes in that booth, and found a few interesting titles (turn-A Gundam), I didn't buy anything there.  The prices were reminiscent of the early 2000's, and it's not like I'm suffering from an anime shortage.  I also ran across a copy of Koudelka that wasn't absurdly expensive ($60), but decided to pass on it.  That booth was operated by a local videogame store, and I will probably have another chance at it, if I reconsider.

I spent about twenty minutes at the robot fights (1-pound class), which was pretty entertaining, even if the teenage girl next to me didn't have good spatial awareness regarding her elbows.  Watched about 30 seconds of a Society for Creative Anachronism fight, but it was just stupid.  They were just slapping at each other randomly with foam weapons, and falling over dead when they got hit.  I'd rather watch HEMA on youtube.

I eventually found an artist whose work I liked, and ended up buying a print of 2B, and another of Matoi Ryuuko.  My only other purchase was at a confection booth; unfortunately, the "cherry cheesecake fudge" I got was cloyingly flavourless.  Bleh.  I should have gone with the meat booth instead.

Other notes:
  • Attack on Titan is still in style; I spotted at least three scout uniforms.
  • Dragonball, My Hero Academia, and Re-Zero also made a fairly good showing (at least in the merchandise areas).  I also saw one or two sailor scouts (couldn't tell you which ones, I'm not a fan).
  • The imperial storm-trooper constume that incorporated a miniskirt was a good look.
  • T-shirt:  "I'm not tsundere, I actually hate you."  I don't wear T-shirts, or I'd totally have picked that up.
  • Furries creep me out.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Dragon Quest XI looks glorious
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 10:11:28 AM »
Oh, I'm sure it'll look great on Switch.  It's not like it's pushing a trillion polygons, the beauty comes from the design, art direction, and magnificent lighting.
« Last post by Rucks on Yesterday at 09:26:32 AM »
no the screenshots look great. I was just hoping they'd look the same on my switch!
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 08:54:34 AM »
It's a regular ol' PS4.  Do my screenshots look bad or something?
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Greganox on September 18, 2018, 09:04:26 PM »
Recently recruited Higgins.

Awesome. He's apparently pretty good at combat.
Ninjas rarely disappoint. I did like using him on my first playthrough and getting another critical sword is a nice bonus. Wish his availability was better though.
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on September 18, 2018, 08:17:56 PM »
I had asked earlier.  He's playing on a PS 4, although I don't know if it's a Pro or OG model.
« Last post by Rucks on September 18, 2018, 05:26:10 PM »
what system are you playing on Arvis?
« Last post by Arvis on September 18, 2018, 04:32:34 PM »
Anyone in the mood for some light reading and a nap?  I sure am now:

I'm gonna file this one under "Not A Well-Informed Decision":

Yet more glorious architecture and world design:

Definitely nothing important in this photo:

Really adorable cafe looks cozy:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10