Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 01:24:41 AM »
Warning! Incoming FEH Channel!

I was hoping that the next new character banner would be for FE6 (since it hasn't received a proper banner yet), but given the timing and the upcoming 18th month anniversary, I could see this either be CYL2 or Leftovers Squad 2.

I'm stockpiling orbs again myself. Actually not that interested in any of the new summer units, though I am amused by the blatant powercreep of Camilla vs Corrin, which makes me wonder a bit about the long-term health of the game. I hear power creep in this game is actually incredibly tame by gacha kusomobage standards compared to stuff like FFRK and such though, so I guess most people have much higher tolerances for this sort of thing than I do.

As for falling off the wagon, I've bought a few of the monthly deals they've been doing myself. As far as I know in terms of Orbs they really haven't been any cheaper than the usual price, but spending ~$10 on the game every month doesn't seem too bad if I think of it as being similar to a subscription MMO- I've probably played it about as much as one given how much I play the game on public transport. Anyway with Tomara joining the dark side, FTP torch is yours alone now Aeolus.

Annoyingly, almost all of my chance-pulled summer units from last year or Legendary banners are not bonus units for the ++. Masked Marth was already nearly capped on HM too, but in a twist, one of the Summer Gaiuses I locked in the torture basement of my barracks gets to be vindicated.

Getting Masked Marth yet again is a bore, but a free merge for a cheap Arena Assault Dragon Strangler is at least usable. They got 2 for 3 with the seals too, Flashing Blade and SPD Ploy are nice. Getting another double-stat seal actually would've been nice but they chose like the worst combo possible. HP paired with basically any other stat would be a nice seal to put on popular Infantry Pulse runners like Marisa, Seliph or Bartre, but RES is the one stat none of them need more of. The only imaginable use I can think of it is for a unit that runs Water Boost, but oops- it's locked to Berkut and nobody's going to sacrifice the guy for anything but his Lance.

The problem with FEH in particular is that there was going to be no way to avoid the powercreep since there aren't enough variables for all 800~ish characters in the series. Hell, with all the Alts, we've only made it to just a quarter of the way there.

As for HP/Res seal, I could see myself using it to replace someone's current version of the skill with Fury and using the seal to keep the effect. At least it only costs 100 coins to fully forge rather than 150. But yes, I've already sunk 50 coins on Spd Ploy because now, and finally, I'm certain that Arvis/Saias is now complete (especially since that was the last Ploy seal).

As for the FTP torch, I'd sooner drop the game cold turkey rather than drop that. Hell, they already threw Ayra, Ishtar, two Olwens and 5 Lyns at us, there's nothing they can do to me now (especially since of the female Sordlords, we're just short Larcei, Creidne, Malice, Eyvel, Mareeta, Machyua, Echidna (ehh, they'd probably make her an Axe Infantry), either Lucia, Female Kris, Say'ri, Flavia, Severa (because you know they would), Yuzu, Niamh (or whatever her name will end up being), Edgelord or that sordlord she was fighting). :V
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Rook on Today at 12:46:48 AM »
Cold Steel 2:

- So I did the Valimar battle against a certain Instructor.  And I won!  First try!  Booya!  All thanks to Alisa and her CP generating ability.  Felt dang epic winning that fight.

- Jusis finally bit it in battle for the first time ever, including my CS1 run.  And against a stupid giant Creepy Sheep, no less (by far the cheapest boss fight so far).  What an ignominious way for him to get benched.  I will miss his Noble Command.  But his absence makes room for Emma on my team, who I've equipped very lightly with Scepter MQ and one of the 3 Lost Art quartz I now have.  I could make her more of a cannon, but I kinda want to level up Scepter and see what I can do with it.  I almost lost Alisa in that same fight (perish the thought!) but her 10% evasion happened to save her from almost-certain death.

- I took out that group of worm things that you're supposed to damage one at a time or they'll earthquake you.  I AoE'd them into oblivion anyways and still won.  Ready for Operation: Rescue People You Know From CS1, #2!

I know people say that Emma can be the strongest character in the game but I could never get much out of her. She would always get one shotted by tough bosses. I think you gotta put some quick casting time quartzes on her. Jusis is kind of weak but that platinum shield is an incredible skill. Strangely, well maybe not strangely, Sharon was my tank.
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Jimmy on Yesterday at 11:46:21 PM »
So Tite Kubo did a one-shot for Jump that was published last week. While better than the mess that was the latter half of Bleach, it was still pretty bad. I realize hes not really relevant any longer, but if any of you are curious then let me just recommend you skip it.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Octopath Traveler
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 11:20:11 PM »
Another day, another chapter.

Cleared Ophilia's Chapter 2 twice (once to advance the story and again to see all the party skits; although I still need to see Alfin's take).

You can play the chapters more than once?

Nope. I have two save files running (accidentally, but then I heard about the skits thing and since I can't delete spare save files, might as well use it). The first file is for advancing the game/plot. While the remaining file is set up prior to me starting a Chapter 2/3 plot in order to see the extra party convos (without having to go onto Youtube). I'm also posting the order of skits since everybody has something to chime in upon and maybe recommend a party to fight the boss with for post boss skits (since the scenes happen immediately following the boss).

For instance: Cyrus' and Tressa's chapter 2s have their skits in the following orders respectfully (equal signs mean that their skits happen at the same time):

Ophilia > Primrose > Tressa > Therion > Boss > H'aanit = Alfyn > Olberic

H'aanit > Cyrus > Primrose = Ophilia > Olberic = Therion > Boss > Alfyn

You'll want to bring H'aanit and Alfyn with you when you fight Cyrus' boss and only Alfyn needs to be present for Tressa's C2 boss fight.

Or you can just skip all of this and just look it up on Youtube.

Other things of interest:

Gave Tressa a Cloak and Dagger and Olberic some skins.

:vibratingTressaIntensifies.gif:

Beat up a giant bird.

There's absolutely no penalty for failing Cyrus' cross examination (not even a coffee mug to the face).

Likewise Sherlock Nerd ended up stepping into
Spoiler: show
an episode of Fullmetal Alchemist.

There's a sewer level in these thar hills. Mrgrgr...

Come to think of it, that's kinda unfortunate for Riverland.

Olberic gives no fucks for plot mandated obvious tails, but Cyrus vetoes with a plan of his own (i.e. let the plot happen and see what results).

Allies can sometimes give you items at the bar.

If you're ever asked to place a bet on a 2 star Sword guy weak to Spears versus an 8 star Spear guy not weak to Swords, always bet on the Sword.

Victors' Hollow could be renamed to Phat Loot Hollow.

"I Olberic, shall knock you all down!" (proceeds to lay waste to everyone in Victors' Hollow)
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Octopath Traveler
« Last post by Lard on Yesterday at 12:25:34 PM »
Another day, another chapter.

Cleared Ophilia's Chapter 2 twice (once to advance the story and again to see all the party skits; although I still need to see Alfin's take).

You can play the chapters more than once?
Single-Player RPGs / Re: A JRPG About BOOBS!
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 11:15:48 AM »
I think I can explain everything in song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sydKXNq6mWk

If that doesn't explain it all, I don't know what will.  (I'd say, "and don't say Clarissa" but I'm not sure if that reference is before your time.) 

« Last post by Grainofariver on Yesterday at 07:02:12 AM »
"Who cares apathy" would be me not even going to the school dance and sitting on the couch watching reruns because I convinced myself that school dances were pointless and girls were waste of time. 
But I absolutely convinced myself that school dances were pointless and girls (more like, relationships) were a waste of time. I spent my school dance hanging out with friends, playing video-games and having a blast. I've also never gone on a date in my life despite being 26. Myself and every one of my friends has divorced parents, and those members of my family who are still married are either miserable or have a relationship where one half utterly dominates the other. Not a single one of my friends has been able to hold a steady relationship, though attempts result in such madness that one attempted suicide (and was shortly after diagnosed as bipolar, so at least something good came out of it). They say you can't be happy with someone else until you're happy with yourself, but after years of depression I'm actually pretty gosh-darn happy with who and where I am, so why risk it?

Why you gotta keep bringing up these landmines, man?

(I'm kidding.)
(About being offended: everything else is true. I think relationships are fine, but I've seen it go horribly wrong too many times to even remotely touch it myself.)
(<3)
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 06:37:50 AM »
Were it an earlier gaming era, then I would shout righteous indignation at Obscure-Japanese-Game-V getting denied or butchered because it's setting a bad precedent and could bode poorly for the future of games like Game-V.  But we're beyond that now.  The market is wide open and still growing.  I feel that we don't have to worry about such things as much because for every Omega Z that gets shafted, dozens more just like it (or even more "extreme" for lack of a better word) still get in/get made, have gotten in/gotten made, and will get in/get made.  So the consumer is never without options because creators are freer to give us more options.   

What you perceive as "who cares apathy" I see more like this analogy: I'm crushing on a girl.  I go to the school dance.  I ask her to dance.  She turns me down.  I'm not feeling so great.  What do I do?  Do I sorrowfully obsess over her turning me down? Or do I go wash my face, dust myself off and ask another girl to dance?   I choose the latter.  Yeah, it hurts that I was turned down, but I'm not worried because there are plenty of pretty girls out there for Dincrest. 

"Who cares apathy" would be me not even going to the school dance and sitting on the couch watching reruns because I convinced myself that school dances were pointless and girls were waste of time. 

I think now it's just going into circular arguments.  I'm laughing at myself because I went off the rails in a thread about a silly JRPG themed around big boobs. 

Is it safe to say "we slugged it out, now let's hug it out"?
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Hathen on Yesterday at 06:10:56 AM »
I'm stockpiling orbs again myself. Actually not that interested in any of the new summer units, though I am amused by the blatant powercreep of Camilla vs Corrin, which makes me wonder a bit about the long-term health of the game. I hear power creep in this game is actually incredibly tame by gacha kusomobage standards compared to stuff like FFRK and such though, so I guess most people have much higher tolerances for this sort of thing than I do.

As for falling off the wagon, I've bought a few of the monthly deals they've been doing myself. As far as I know in terms of Orbs they really haven't been any cheaper than the usual price, but spending ~$10 on the game every month doesn't seem too bad if I think of it as being similar to a subscription MMO- I've probably played it about as much as one given how much I play the game on public transport. Anyway with Tomara joining the dark side, FTP torch is yours alone now Aeolus.

Annoyingly, almost all of my chance-pulled summer units from last year or Legendary banners are not bonus units for the ++. Masked Marth was already nearly capped on HM too, but in a twist, one of the Summer Gaiuses I locked in the torture basement of my barracks gets to be vindicated.

Getting Masked Marth yet again is a bore, but a free merge for a cheap Arena Assault Dragon Strangler is at least usable. They got 2 for 3 with the seals too, Flashing Blade and SPD Ploy are nice. Getting another double-stat seal actually would've been nice but they chose like the worst combo possible. HP paired with basically any other stat would be a nice seal to put on popular Infantry Pulse runners like Marisa, Seliph or Bartre, but RES is the one stat none of them need more of. The only imaginable use I can think of it is for a unit that runs Water Boost, but oops- it's locked to Berkut and nobody's going to sacrifice the guy for anything but his Lance.
« Last post by Grainofariver on Yesterday at 05:40:39 AM »
I think this:
Why bother localising Zero/Ao no Kiseki? We already have plenty of JRPGS.
Why bother making that Anthem game? We already have plenty of shooters.
Remember PT? Don't worry about it friend: you know how many horror games there are?
(Heck, why even bother making any video games when there's so dang many that most people have a backlog of things that they will never get to?)
is a straw man argument.  Was there anything said about apathy towards localizing anything?  Nope.  No nihilism here. 
As I said earlier, gratuitous sex and violence in video games will always be there.  So we get gaming news every so often that a few naughty games were toned down or denied localization.  Big deal.  There is plenty of unadulterated stuff out there to scratch whatever bizarre fetish itch you may have. 
Seems pretty apathetic to me friend.

In fact, looking at it now, I shouldn't have said, 'why bother localising/releasing', but 'who cares that X didn't get localised/released'.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10