Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #810 on: October 06, 2017, 04:07:00 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with my Ninian now. Especially after I looked at the number of off-banner 5*'s that would have been terrible pulls... I'm going to train her up this weekend to benefit from the SP bonus. Hopefully she'll help me complete Chain Challenge 9-10 and 11-12, the last lunatic challenges I need to do.

Now there's just one unit with dragon blood left I want, but he isn't part of the next VG. Would have been hilarious if he had been, but he probably doesn't even know he qualifies.

Did my last three T_T runs just now and ended up at 100,173 points. All according to plan. Byebye, T_T! I hope you're just a ittybitty t_t the next time you show up!

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 06, 2017, 10:15:08 AM »
Curious, what IVs did your Ninian get? Though with her I think it doesn't matter too much since most people seem to recommend not fighting anything with her, even Reds. Regardless I'll probably give mine Lightning Breath and Triangle Adept whenever I have those available.

Chain Challenge 9-10 and 11-12 are really awful. I won both by cheesing with Reinhardt plus Dancer(s), but even that's not going to save you a lot of the time. With the former I think I just banged my head against it with my horse emblem team until I figured out winning moves, and with the latter I opted to go with a halfassed flier emblem team for the first couple of maps because there's a defend map sandwiched in between that horses really hate, but fliers can confuse the AI on.

I actually haven't done too much grinding in the Tempest this time as I recall, just spent my stamina as it came but I think I may have popped a stamina drink or two in there at some point. I'm at something like 130k-ish so rank 5000 is probably within reach for me. I get to stay glued to my phone for one more day.

Also have I said Arena Assault is awful this week yet? Because Arena Assault is awful. I think I spent a total of like 3 hours on it this week before I got my perfect run. I can't imagine how much longer it would've been if I wasn't crazy lucky and had 4 dancers to choose from. I also sacrificed a bunch of Gordins to give Brave Bows to Takumi, Jeorge, and Leon. Even without the + at the end they are really saving me because it's not easy for me to double fully merged units even with my fastest members, and few people run Raventomes on defense so I can hit for full damage.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 06, 2017, 10:45:25 AM »
She's +res, -hp, if I recall correctly. Not ideal, but she'll be able to tank some (magic) units Olivia can't, so yay.

Also have I said Arena Assault is awful this week yet? Because Arena Assault is awful. I think I spent a total of like 3 hours on it this week before I got my perfect run. I can't imagine how much longer it would've been if I wasn't crazy lucky and had 4 dancers to choose from. I also sacrificed a bunch of Gordins to give Brave Bows to Takumi, Jeorge, and Leon. Even without the + at the end they are really saving me because it's not easy for me to double fully merged units even with my fastest members, and few people run Raventomes on defense so I can hit for full damage.

I wish I had archers. Sure, I have Virion, Niles, Lyn and my perfect Klein who can even take down Hectors, but I've only ever gotten one Gordin and one Jeorge. Both are -atk. No Innes or Leon for me... And of course, I still really, really want a Takumi. I kinda hope he decides to crash the party banner like Ninian did. It'd be very out of character but also very much appreciated.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 06, 2017, 09:03:43 PM »
Speaking of Banner Crashers, at least you got some kind of Dancer out of it. The upside is that my Crash Bannercoot just happens to be yet another Effie (with +Atk/-Res no less). Better still is that she came with her own Gwendolyn to teach her the skills leading up to Hone Armor (could've been Hone Armor itself, but once again, I've yet to pull a 4 star Gwendy; at this point, I might as well just burn the 2k Feathers and Shards). Also obtained a second Reinhardt and Chrom (both 4 star, so nothing that good there) and even more Fury/Smite fodder.

That being said, I've been grinding T_T like a motherfucker because losing at least 240 points per Lunatic 7 mutliplier run and 80 points per Hard 5 run adds up fast (on top of being stuck with subpar units like Mist or Titania for the sole source of a bonus unit multiplier; thank god BK is ridiculous as is Delthea making this grind less awful in general).

As for Ass-ault. I can only hope that Sacred Coins are essentially worthless. Yeah, it'll suck for those who went all in on that craptastic mode, but to be honest, anybody willing to dive head first into that dumpster fire of a mode deserves to get burned (seriously, I switched out 3 star Lon'qu and 4 star Beruka for Level 40 4 stars Fir and Frederick and got savagely owned twice).

And as always (barring that one time we will not speak about, because it never happened; NEVER HAPPENED!!! >:E ), I'll be backing the obvious winner of F!Corrin for the sake of my sanity and the extra 1500 Feathers (especially since this VG will suck just on the principle of the fact that its running all work week instead of having a couple of days for a weekend/break).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 07, 2017, 05:52:11 AM »
T_T wasn't too much of an issue after I settled on a make-shift horse emblem team consisting of 'hi, I have like 49 res' Titania, her husband Eliwood, the always supportive Priscilla and Blarblade Ursula. They were able to clear Lunatic 7 on their own most of the time. I did the bare minimum to get all the rewards and ended up at rank ~49500.

Also obtained a second Reinhardt and Chrom (both 4 star, so nothing that good there) and even more Fury/Smite fodder.

Well, Reinhardt is decent fodder and if he has good IVs, you basically won the FE lottery.

And as always (barring that one time we will not speak about, because it never happened; NEVER HAPPENED!!! >:E ), I'll be backing the obvious winner of F!Corrin for the sake of my sanity and the extra 1500 Feathers (especially since this VG will suck just on the principle of the fact that its running all work week instead of having a couple of days for a weekend/break).

I just want to see Corrin fall off a cliff that isn't connected to Spoiler, so I'll do what I can to make her lose.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 07, 2017, 10:37:54 PM »
I made it to the 99999 reward late last night and fought one more round on H5 before dumping about half a stamina potion into T_T unnecessarily due to me trying to see what it might take to get up to rank 10k. Once I saw the disparity between advancing from rank 35k to 33k, I noped the fuck out of that mode and took my 4k feathers.

Also, you're right about Reinhardt. I totally forgot that he's got Goad Cavalry (and that, because of his uncommon status, he can't not have it, unlike say Gwendy and her Emblem Buff). That being said his traits are +Spd/-Atk so into the SI thresher he goes. Can't say the same for Chrom though (he's thoroughly mediocre at 4 stars, not that he's fantastic at 5 stars, but at least he brings something to the table then with Aether and yet another Falchion; I suppose the upside to this pull is that he's +Atk/-HP which is kinda better than my current +Atk/-Spd one).

As for Corrin, I can tolerate F!Corrin despite her being the utter definition of a pretty bimbo, M!Corrin, not so much. But even then, I don't so much 'hate' them as I just don't care for them due to the rest of that game's writing being a dumpster fire (plus, Fates' character designs were so much better than Awakening's that I tend towards leaning that way a little more anyways). Plus for this VG, I'd be willing to drop the 20k feathers to bring her up to 5 stars since I have a neutral trait one at level 40 for AA support (and having a level 1 F!Corrin should help me cheese the matchup algorithm without needing to jettison my Friend's List).

Anyways, I've been using the down time to clean house on some of the monthly quests. Nearly knocked all of the Lunatic Story quests out of the park, and finished up the last of the Triple Heroes quests (before feeding my garbage tier Sully to one that doesn't suck out loud; +Res/-HP is a fuck load better than +Res/-Atk, especially on a character with shit attack to begin with). And as a last call for the Sacred Seals quest, who else got their Henrys and Virions up to snuff?

What even is this!? Edit: My peculiar luck continues as my latest attempt to pull a dancer nets me a Saber (+HP/-Atk; not at all good) and some other junk (a Cain, a Niles and an Oboro; I at least saved myself 3 Orbs from another dip into colorless hell, and its not like I had a pity rate to burn yet anyways). This basically netted me everybody from team Celica available in Heroes short of Celica herself (all 5 star no less; except for the Peg Knights; although aside from them, most are Rares anyways).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 04:21:43 PM by Aeolus »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 09, 2017, 07:02:51 AM »
Double posting because of legit 1.8.0 update today.

Mystery Solved in regards to Scared Coins, and to nobody's surprise, its a way to improve your Seals. Now you too can totally do away with staffbots by stacking BoL 3s for 14 HP of healing to all surrounding units. Alternatively, make your BK into an even bigger shitwrecker by sticking dat Distant Def 3 seal on for +12 Def from Ranged attacks and +6 from Melee on enemy phase. Meanwhile Blade tome Runners rejoice as your favorite dedicated buffbot suddenly gains an additional stat to bump up by +4. And if you're hurting for some added damage output, you can easily modify your Atk/Spd +1 seals into Atk/Spd +3 seals, or maybe you'd rather debuff fools by giving your Ploy debuffer a second full Ploy debuff to utilize. At least Quickened Pulse can't be modified, but that's the only one so far (even the ones that gives you priority over attack order skills or the +5 effective speed seals can be modified, as can the newest Seals which can cut followup damage from various sources (one for Melee, one for Ranged, and one for Magic)).

The upside to this most recent bout of powercreep is that its only going to suck for awhile since there's only so many Seals available right now and eventually the gap between the AA Whales and everybody else will eventually shrink, especially at the rate the VG is tossing them around (135 SC per VG is nothing to sneeze at). Although the effects of having basically a free fourth Skill slot on everybody is kinda ridiculous, especially if you can stack some of effects of these.

Also lol at trying to make use of Badges by first giving minuscule costs for Seal crafting/upgrading, followed by upping the amount of Badges you generate.

That all being said, there's decidedly less 'good' news about the latest VG as right now there aren't any apparent changes in regards to the current formula. At least Sophia is getting good and trounced by F!Corrin.

Also, somebody datamined the latest BHeB and its Minerva/Maria. Yay, Orbs! Especially in regards to my stupidly peculiar luck in terms of pulling Focus units.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 09, 2017, 09:51:28 AM »
It's definitely going to add a lot of interesting options to unit builds, and with some of those Urvan-like seals being limited to melee, it's a pretty clear concerted effort to nerf brave weapons and tomes.

Kinda funny they just started flooding us with Sacred Coins now, I guess they took note of the non whales talking about how miserable AA is. It'll basically be the same as missing out on the few hundred feathers from not staying in Tier 20 Arena- would be nice to have them, but not worth stressing over.

I'm still waiting to know if there will be any new heroes this month, but it looks like that won't happen until at least after this VG ends.

Also for the VG so far- I hopped in instantly rather than waiting the first hour like some people do so they can farm feathers. I was pretty surprised to see Ninian absolutely annihilating every other teams' score, including Nowi and Corrin F. After the initial multiplier Fae has already gotten like 4 or 5 of them in a row to catch up. People always talk about the war between old school FE players and Awakening/Fates waifu players, but I guess it turns out FE7 fans were the waifucancer all along.

I'll probably get screwed out of feathers this time around, but I guess it's nice that I won't have to stress about bonus times for once (unless Dragon mom gets blue shelled out of nowhere).

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 09, 2017, 10:35:25 AM »
Wow, it's happy hour every hour for poor Fae... Oh well, I don't mind Ninian winning as long as the other two blue dragons lose. (But I'm still a little sour they didn't include Soren. I mean, sure, he would have lost spectacularly, because while he may look like a waifu, he isn't one unless your name is Ike, but it'd have been more fun, than I don't know, two versions of the same character x2)

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 09, 2017, 11:02:14 AM »
There's actually a few more characters currently in the game who secretly have dragon blood, plus a bunch more who aren't who can easily fill several banners' worth. Was partially hoping they'd surprise us with one such banner, but I guess not.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 09, 2017, 11:32:51 AM »
True. Biggest surprise here was Sophia and it really feels like she was added because IS thought they didn't have anything more worthwhile.

... Let's just be glad they didn't turn this in a Nohr versus Hoshido thing...

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 09, 2017, 03:48:36 PM »
There's actually a few more characters currently in the game who secretly have dragon blood, plus a bunch more who aren't who can easily fill several banners' worth. Was partially hoping they'd surprise us with one such banner, but I guess not.
Are we counting FE4 characters as having dragon blood? Because technically they do, but that is kind of diluted...

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 09, 2017, 09:48:09 PM »
Are we counting FE4 characters as having dragon blood? Because technically they do, but that is kind of diluted...

Considering that two of them fight by throwing Dragons at each other, I think they're a little less diluted than we may think. And IIRC, the Holy Weapons themselves are also sudo-Dragonstones. Awakening's Royals also have Dragon Blood and in fact were basically lifting Holy Blood straight up from Jugdral (minus the whole growth rate thing), meanwhile Fates' Royals and their Dragon Veins pretty much do not count due to coming from a Dragon Type Pokemon instead.

Also, I'm surprised they didn't bring in Summer Corrin or Tiki instead of Sophia (at least this one was kind enough to include units that I actually have).

At any rate, I can't really say that the 'new' VG is also 'improved' because lowering the threshold for multipliers to trigger while continuing to cut back on Flags means that basically you either now ignore the early multipliers for later ones, or you dump early and hope its enough to coast on, and either way the whole shebang is even more volatile than with Lyn vs Camilla without actually changing the general dynamic of the mode.

Also I may have spoken too soon in regards to the Badges. Getting a Seal up to tier 3 hoovers up a shitload of Badges. Soon we may be needing stinking Badges.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 09, 2017, 10:45:35 PM »
Wow, it's happy hour every hour for poor Fae... Oh well, I don't mind Ninian winning as long as the other two blue dragons lose. (But I'm still a little sour they didn't include Soren. I mean, sure, he would have lost spectacularly, because while he may look like a waifu, he isn't one unless your name is Ike, but it'd have been more fun, than I don't know, two versions of the same character x2)
I feel like Sophia has been at a perpetual disadvantage against F!Corrin, which is great news for me! :P

I don't think Sophia even has much of an army here. After one hour, F!Corrin's score was over 5X the amount of Sophia's score.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 10, 2017, 06:33:44 AM »

Considering that two of them fight by throwing Dragons at each other, I think they're a little less diluted than we may think. And IIRC, the Holy Weapons themselves are also sudo-Dragonstones.
Well to be fair the two that throw dragons at eachother were specifically inbred to increase the strength of part of their dragonblood. What I meant by the blood being diluted though is that the dragonblood only entered their bloodlines via magic ritual and no dragon on human action. It stays strong enough for them to use the holy weapons (and calling them pseudo-dragonstones is a very accurate term) simply because of the magic in the ritual. Otherwise it probably should have vanished from the bloodline  long time ago.