Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
Re: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« Reply #1275 on: May 05, 2016, 12:48:59 PM »
Do either of the Bravely Default games ever mention what the hell PG is supposed to be short for, anyway? Why do these RPGs keep thinking they all need their own fictional currency?

Politically Gorrect

missRPGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: May 05, 2016, 01:09:19 PM »
Nice show, still have 45 minutes left to go. Question whose else hands or fingers hurt when holding a hand-held system? I think the worse was the PSP. The Vita probably would of been worse however I hardly play on the Vita and I prefer to play on the VitaTV because I can use a controller. The 3DS is ok but because of the weight one or two of my fingers tends to take on the weight.

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan Editor
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #1277 on: May 05, 2016, 01:10:52 PM »
The PSP's analog nub is one of the most uncomfortable mechanisms I've ever had the displeasure of manipulating. That's the only real discomfort that comes to mind for me, though. I'm always on my 3DS or Vita with no problems.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 05, 2016, 01:22:28 PM »
Lately when people complain about being uncomfortable when holding a handheld system I ask how they tend to hold it and it's usually that they're holding the system above chest level. Even if you're playing while lying down you should prop yourself up so that you can hold the system below chest level. Good circulation means less discomfort.

That being said, there still are some handhelds that can just be uncomfortable no matter what depending on the holders' physique.

Embryon

• RPGFan Editor
  • モナドの力
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 05, 2016, 02:43:30 PM »
A note: I talked about Severed in the most recent episode, and I was incorrect when I said you graft enemy limbs onto your arm. Now that I've completed it, I know that you only graft one thing onto your arm, and it's not an enemy limb. You do cut off pieces of your enemies and wear them elsewhere on your body, though. I apologize for my mistake!

(By the way, Severed is a super easy game to Platinum-- it only took me about 6-7 hours, tops.)
"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager

PaleRobbie

• Podcast Host
  • Administrator
  • Fear the old blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 16, 2016, 09:14:23 PM »
Episode 110 is live!  Let us know if you like the new Google Hangout approach to the podcast! 

DarkCecil

• View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 17, 2016, 02:44:27 PM »
I'm at the beginning of podcast 110.. and I'm a monthly listener.  I download the file and use winamp so I can work on stuff and have rpg talk in the background.... but I gotta ask you guys:

How are you not using Discord yet?  It uses twitch if you wanna sign-in automatically, or other sign-ins so you don't have to sign up.  It uses a BROWSER window like skype can -- or optional program too.  Although its used as a chatroom, people are starting to use it for its voice chatting.  You can control others' volumes with it!

RPGFan should get a discord channel called "Rpgfan" simply, then the entire community can chill in there.  Ive attached my own discord channel because im a twitch streamer (twitch.tv/borg1982).

When you load discord in browser or app, your name is automatically inside EVERY server/channel you were invited to. 

ScottC

• RPGFan Editor
  • Manderville Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 17, 2016, 02:57:48 PM »
To be honest, and I am not speaking for the random encounter guys but Discord has terrible sound quality.  Mostly because I have been using TeamSpeak 3 and Mumble for years now, Discord has nothing on those two for recording and sound quality.  Even Skype (and I dislike skype) sounds better then discord.  When I have to use Discord it feels Like I am using TeamSpeak 2 or Vent again.

Discord is free though and might be a good idea for people to chill in and talk on a normal basis.  Might be something for us to think about so thank you for the suggestion.

BTW Rob I am not done with the whole show yet but so far this sounds much better.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:02:24 PM by ScottC »

DarkCecil

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 17, 2016, 03:06:13 PM »
Yeah the show sounds great right now.  I cant tell a diff at all.

If its true that discord has worse quality, then trying those other programs might be better.

But using discord as a RPGFan chill place would be something id goto immediately.  We can chat about rpgs all day -- even 24/7 on our cellphones if we're on a work break :)

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 17, 2016, 06:17:16 PM »
Gotta be honest, I get lonely enough at times that I wouldn't mind it. Though the unofficial RPGFan chatroom used for the weekly quizzes is usually pretty dead when there wasn't something planned. So who knows if it would really be worth it or not.

ScottC

• RPGFan Editor
  • Manderville Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 17, 2016, 06:57:39 PM »
Yeah it's some food for thought.  In the meantime though there is always twitch chat on Monday nights and Wednesday afternoons(I know Sunday's are early) to chill and talk about anything RPG related.  On Monday nights I'll talk just about anything going on in the world of RPGs or gaming doesn't have to be about the game I am streaming.   Also RPGFanBot right now only does a simple betting game, but I can set him up to do trivia on some nights if people wanted.  But I warn you the trivia will not be easy. :P

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 17, 2016, 09:36:29 PM »
I'll probably be joining in on Mondays now that P4 is over (nothing against the game, I had just recently replayed it and can't really sit through the same game twice in a row)

insertnamehere

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 21, 2016, 04:06:06 AM »

I mostly pop in occasionally to give my two cents on certain controversial things, so if you disagree then send a PM, because I generally don't check for replies in threads in case I feel like replying and then things get heated/derailed.

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 21, 2016, 04:18:57 AM »
heard 'gamer gate' used unironically

turned brain off so as to avoid damage and closed video
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 21, 2016, 10:03:04 AM »
I'd be into a twitch chat once I actually get around to learning how to use twitch.  it's certainly a better use of my time than arguing about politics on facebook...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:07:03 AM by glassjawsh »

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"