Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei V

Draak

• View Profile
Re: Shin Megami Tensei V
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 11:06:16 PM »
Ehh... IV and Apocalypse were pretty iffy, so not really interested unless it goes back to minimalist Nocturne style.

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan Editor
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 04:24:58 PM »
i wouldn't count on that, most of the nocturne staff are long gone. this shares a director with 4/apocalypse. i'm not thrilled either but hey, what can you do.

don't be mad all of a sudden this is coming out on switch, they announced this title was a switch exclusive almost a year ago

SWITCH!

finally some post Zelda dividends from this stupid machine.

re: @ironmage and console exlusives... that is how I felt about SMT IV since I refused to get a 3DS.

edit: every SMT proper after 1 was a console exclusive. SMT2 was exclusive to SNES, Nocturne was exclusive to PS2, IV was exclusive to 3DS and now V is exclusive to Switch.  In context it's not that surprising.

1, 2, and If... got ports to PS1, GBA and mobile. but yeah this probably will be exclusive
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 04:26:35 PM by Towns Car Marty »

Farron

• View Profile
    • Mayonaka Reviews
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 01:43:03 PM »
While waiting for SMTV and on an Atlus hype after finishing Persona 5 I was eager to give Nocturne a third chance to try and play it without being beaten to a pulp.
I liked it so much I wrote a review for my blog and I'd like to share here with whoever is interested: My Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne Review.

I realize this thread is to talk about SMTV but the general SMT thread was long dead and I also though this might spark some conversation.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 07:27:28 PM »
That's twice I've clicked on your blog today lol, once from Reddit and once from here.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Farron

• View Profile
    • Mayonaka Reviews
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 09:40:36 PM »
Well, I hope you liked it at least.

mooserocka

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2018, 11:36:31 PM »
I am beyond excited about this. As we will most likely not see persona 6 for another 9 years. I really wish they did not milk the series with dancing and fighting games. I love the shin megami tansei games.

mooserocka

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2018, 08:47:53 PM »
i cant wait it looks great : D