Author Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Warriors
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2017, 07:31:48 PM »
Well aside from confirmation of Musou Butt Rock, that was a weak direct for this game. Most of the direct was of the Gaiden Remake and the Mobile game (although these two are probably the two furthest along projects).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 08:41:58 PM »
Considering we are getting a Gaiden remake, I feel like that makes it like that Alm and/or Celica will likely make the line up (although possibly as DLC). Hmm wonder if the FE Amiibos will work similarly to Zelda Amiibos in HW and give you a free weapon for that character per day.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2017, 09:44:17 AM »
More excited for the new Switch FE installment than anything else.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2017, 06:40:35 PM »
More excited for the new Switch FE installment than anything else.
Hopefully the Switch FE will have a primary lord that doesn't use swords since that lord will almost certainly be a DLC character for FEW and we are already drowning in sword lords. I mean there are 8 who are very likely/confirmed (not including Robin who will probably also have a sword), 4 of them have Falchion as an ultimate weapon...despite none of them wielding falchions. >.> That is one name in FE I will never get.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2017, 07:50:03 PM »
I wouldn't mind a Bow Lord myself (no Takumi doesn't count, though he makes a great case for one).

That said, the only non-Sword using Lords are Ephraim, Micaiah and Sanaki (I guess she counts...?). Even Hector gets Swords upon Promotion.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2017, 04:05:45 PM »
http://gematsu.com/2017/05/fire-emblem-warriors-adds-twin-original-protagonists-marth-chrom

In less time than it took the last spinoff title to spill some deets (by about a full goddamn year), we're finally hearing something more about the game and unhh...

OCs look like Kozaki protags (not quite palletswapped Alfonse and Sharena, but still pretty similar), Male MC is going to probably get renamed in the localization (that or even Koei Temco hasn't played the Tellus games), on that note; Archanea, Ylisse and Fates-World are confirmed in; all the rest are confirmed out, no waifuing/husbandoing (though Supports are still in), Mounties stay mounted (probably to avoid all the upskirts on the Peg Knights; but that won't save us from FCorrin's thigh-window), Archers and Mages are playable (I mean Leo is a Mage right?, either that or Tharja's butt confirmed).

Confirmed Roster:
Fe/Male OCs
Marth
Chrom

Predictions:
Corrin M/F
Ryoma
Xander
Takumi
Leo
Azura
Camilla
Elise
The Robins
Lucina
Cordelia
Tharja
Gaius
Severa
Owain
Inigo
Caeda
Jagen
Draug
Gordin
Cain
Abel
Camus (because if they don't have at least one Camus then they have failed)
Hardin and Team Wolfguard (they should really do this just because he'd make for a perfect Odo Nobunaga expy)

I'd be nice to get some Valentia characters all up in this as well (though chances are that this is gonna be one of the many DLC packs and probably just palletswaps for Marth and F Robin or the OCs).

Either way, I doubt that even half of my predictions will come true (though at least FE has a far more diverse roster than Zelda or Dragon Quest, so maybe this will have more than a 14 unit roster).

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2017, 06:30:24 PM »
I think you are being way too optimistic on the roster (like most people are). Here is my prediction which makes people cry.

OCs
1. Male OC
2. Female OC
3. Villain OC

SD
4. Marth
5. Caeda (being very generous on this one)
6. Tiki
7. SD Villain

Awakening
8. Chrom
9. Robin
10. Lucina
11. Awakening Villain

Fates
12-21. Fates royalty
22. Fates Villain

If they have the time
23. Tharja

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2017, 06:47:00 PM »
I still think that's being generous. OG Hyrule Warriors and DQ Heroes had what, a dozen playable characters total?

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2017, 08:27:18 PM »
I still think that's being generous. OG Hyrule Warriors and DQ Heroes had what, a dozen playable characters total?
If you count the free DLC characters (who were basically half implemented in the game at launch), then Hyrule Warriors had 16. However do keep in mind that Hyrule Warriors had 23 move sets at launch since Link and Lana had a bunch of extras. The translation of the most recent scans with info on the game indicated that FE Warriors will have the most playable characters for a first iteration of a crossover Warriors game. So depending on what they are counting when they say that, that could mean 14+, 17+, or 24+. I think low 20s is reasonable based on the info we have at the moment. Although I would not be shocked (or disappointed) if it ends up being 18.

Hell we have a dozen characters just based on the info in the current scans. We have the two OCs. We know the five wielders from the launch trailer will make it in. Then we know we have a bow user, axe user, spear user, and mage. There is at least one horse user, but Xander covers that. Probably have a flyer, but no guarantee that the flyer won't be the only axe user or only spear user, so that does not add any more necessarily. And there will almost certainly be an OC villain. So totaling that up gives us a floor of...12. Of which, we have 7 sword users. So glad they didn't just do all lords since there would be too many sword users then. >.>

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2017, 10:21:47 PM »
If you count the free DLC characters (who were basically half implemented in the game at launch), then Hyrule Warriors had 16. However do keep in mind that Hyrule Warriors had 23 move sets at launch since Link and Lana had a bunch of extras. The translation of the most recent scans with info on the game indicated that FE Warriors will have the most playable characters for a first iteration of a crossover Warriors game. So depending on what they are counting when they say that, that could mean 14+, 17+, or 24+. I think low 20s is reasonable based on the info we have at the moment. Although I would not be shocked (or disappointed) if it ends up being 18.

Hell we have a dozen characters just based on the info in the current scans. We have the two OCs. We know the five wielders from the launch trailer will make it in. Then we know we have a bow user, axe user, spear user, and mage. There is at least one horse user, but Xander covers that. Probably have a flyer, but no guarantee that the flyer won't be the only axe user or only spear user, so that does not add any more necessarily. And there will almost certainly be an OC villain. So totaling that up gives us a floor of...12. Of which, we have 7 sword users. So glad they didn't just do all lords since there would be too many sword users then. >.>

Don't forget that a lot of Fate's Royals covers a lot of the series' weapon and class types. For Classes, you have a Manakete, a Dancer, a Swordmaster, a Paladin, an Archer, a Dark Knight, a Wyvern Rider, a Pegasus Knight, a Troubadour and a Cleric; and covers Swords 4 times, Lances three times, Magic potentially 4 times, Bows up to three times, Axes once, Staffs up to 4 times, and one potential Hidden Weapon user (or three if Corrin's servants get involved with +2 Staffs). And that's not even touching Awakening or Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem.

And also, while Hyrule Warriors only had 16 playable characters initially, that figure was coming from a series with essentially 1 playable character (although I suppose Phantom Zelda might also be considered playable, but she didn't really get in so YMMV).

Dragon Quest Heroes is a more fair look at what Koei Temco's gonna do here and even then, its still a series with 35 non-protagonist PCs to pull from across 9 games. IIRC, Sacred Stones has more characters than that alone (if you count the Creature Campaign units) and that has one of the smallest casts in the series.

Anyways, I fully expect an Extreme/4-2/Legends/"whatever fancy thing they're calling the expansion this time" to add more characters eventually, but I also expect palletswap shenanigans like TMS did with folks like Abel, Lon'qu, the two Aurelis Knights, and the Whitewing Sisters.

Snark Edit: Also, failed to mention this but Seigbert and Noire are totally confirmed (sorta/kinda/in a palletswapped-ish way).

Actual Edit: Ignoring SSJ Seig and Vanilla flavored Noire for a moment; Lucina, Lissa and Male Robin were accidentally confirmed with the reveal of Special Edition box. Whoops. At least now we have our first non-Sword user (and also M!Robin who uses a Tome, in addition to a Sword; at least neither are Prfs, even if the series has been trying to play up Thoron as M!Robin's Prf), and if they go with War Cleric, then we now have our first Axe user.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:49:53 PM by Aeolus »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »
I have at least 5 more Spd than this thread so here's my double attack post.

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/fire-emblem-warriors-japan-expo-2017-trailer

New trailer with non-sword users Male Robin, Lissa, Frederick and (okay one sword user) Lucina confirmed.

In addition to Marth, Chrom, Female Corrin, Ryoma, Xander and the OC Twins, that gives us two Horses, two Axes, one Tome, and a whole bunch of Swords.

Still no Lances, Bows, Staffs or Daggers, but if Frederick got in, then Felicia and Jakob are pretty much shoe-ins, and the rest should be covered by Fates auxiliary units like Azura, Leo, Takumi, Camilla and maybe Sakura and Elise. This probably also means that Cadea, a Jagen, Gaggles, guarD, and maybe even the Xmas Knights have a chance of showing up as well.

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2017, 02:31:54 PM »
I get that the roster will be Awakening and Fates heavy, but I don't think I'll be interested unless they add some Elibe and Tellius characters into the mix. Granted as everyone has pointed out the roster will be sword heavy, but not all the characters need to be lords or particularly close to the lords in some way. Plus, even though the laguz had sucky growths and were only really useful to you if they came to you already amazing (like Caineghis and Tibarn), adding a few of those or a manakete character from another game could also help add some new gameplay styles. I'll doubt we'll see that, but it would be nice.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2017, 04:38:00 PM »
You might get some of characters from Elibe and Tellius as DLC? I dunno.

Honestly with how crappy the roster is guaranteed to be, I'm kind of wishing that they did a HW2 instead of FEW. HW had a solid roster, and yet could still easily be made even better. No matter how many versions they do, I don't think they'll ever be able to get to solid (much less decent) with FEW. :(

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2017, 01:44:31 AM »
You might get some of characters from Elibe and Tellius as DLC? I dunno.

Honestly with how crappy the roster is guaranteed to be, I'm kind of wishing that they did a HW2 instead of FEW. HW had a solid roster, and yet could still easily be made even better. No matter how many versions they do, I don't think they'll ever be able to get to solid (much less decent) with FEW. :(

To be fair, HW's initial roster and story mode wasn't all that robust either (even compared to other crossover Musous). It just made up for it in spades with Adventure Mode and DLC. If FEW got as much love as Zelda Musou's Adventure Mode, I could forgive some of the lackluster cast choices (or at the very least, it'd give me something to look forward to in FEW2).

That being said, unfortunately, the best we can really hope for in terms of DLC is some kind of Echoes reppage (or if we're really unlucky, said Echoes reppage will be a playable Zeke (although this would be kinda inspired; keep Camus unplayable because obviously he's the game's Camus and settle for this lookalike instead) and Valentia costumes for whichever Whitewing Sister makes it in (if any)). The rest of the DLC will probably either be costumes for the current roster or additions from the current set of games. Besides, even if they did include anybody from the better settings, you know its only going to be the main lord and one or two other principal characters (I guess I could live with Jugdral's reppage being confined to Sigrud, Quan and Eldigan; not sure how I'd feel for Roy, Lilina, Eliwood and Hector (although if Anna or an OC weren't the likely candidates, I'd happily take Merlinus for a shopkeeper reference); but I wouldn't miss Tellus' Ike, Mist or Soren (I'd make an exception for Titania, or Soren if he came with Ilyana and Tormod instead; and Elincia and her Retainers would be welcomed with open arms, but again, only the early or plot important characters would have a realistic chance)).

Though with that being said, at the very least, with what we've seen thus far, this game is already a better FE crossover game than TMS.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2017, 07:35:44 AM »
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/fire-emblem-warriors-adds-cordelia-robin-female

Cody and the other Robin confirmed. With this, we've got our first flier and our first lance user (also our second tome user; kinda).