Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn

Frostillicus

• View Profile
Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Reply #7740 on: December 11, 2017, 12:42:42 PM »
The truest Elder Scrolls experience is spending 10 hours researching all the best mods, 2 hours installing them, 100 hours debugging and figuring out the load order, then playing 5 minutes and getting bored.

I laughed, cuz that shit is too true.

Wild Arms 2 - Climbed Telepath Tower. Found the legendary Booty Call tool along the way. It has already been quite useful in helping me locate some bountiful booty.
Anyway, I then watched the rather morbid enemy broadcast to the world from the top of said tower. Next, I climbed over Mt. Chug-chug, and ultimately got back to HQ. Received the next mission: to deliver a letter to some place whose(?) name I've already forgotten.
*All In all, I think it's a solid JRPG for its time (I never got around to playing the series in its day). A good follow up to the original. Enhanced in all the right aways (except for the battle sprites - yuck) . There's a lot more 'style', compared to the first game.
The poor translation to English is hilarious. The music however, is excellent. So very late 90s, yet so very good. Also, using radar to find towns and dungeons on the world map is really dumb.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Reply #7741 on: December 11, 2017, 04:00:08 PM »
Anyone else try the Lost Sphear demo?  Impressions?

I'll just go ahead and say that I was surprised at how good it was.  Not that it was omg so good, but that it was surprisingly good, while I expected bland nonsense.  Needs English voices, of course, and the animation could use some work.  Also, movement is kinda slow.  But other than that, I was surprised at how interesting the world and story felt (being obviously on the side of evil, at least for the run of the demo). The "good guys" that you're fighting not all really feeling that "good", either, was interesting.  I legit wanted to know more.

The music is superlative.  Loved every tune, it was right up there with the best of Gust etc.

And, of course, the battle system: surprisingly fun and varied!  The one boss fight feels absurdly difficult, even though I did beat it on my first try.  I'm curious if that's what we can expect from all bosses in this game.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons