Author Topic: super robot wars topic

bigdeath

• View Profile
Re: super robot wars topic
« Reply #285 on: January 31, 2018, 09:00:01 PM »
I liked Reconguista in G. It wasn't that confusing. The animation style was pretty and I enjoyed the story. I've seen worst from the Gundam franchise.

But what one thinks of the animes included doesn't really matter. SRW is all about the Mecha and Code Geas R2 and Reconguista in G have awesome mecha designs

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 31, 2018, 10:44:59 PM »
I liked Reconguista in G. It wasn't that confusing. The animation style was pretty and I enjoyed the story. I've seen worst from the Gundam franchise.

But what one thinks of the animes included doesn't really matter. SRW is all about the Mecha and Code Geas R2 and Reconguista in G have awesome mecha designs

Counterargument: Nadia.

That said, the other thing SRW does well is crossover jokes. Recently seeing Fafnir alongside SEED Destiny makes me want them both in a game with Majestic Prince stat (bonus points if they don't make GSD post series, so when Durandal unveils his master plan and Shinn turns/calls bullshit, either the Fafnir or the MJP Hirarifaces will get pissed off at him for being for/against human engineering respectfully).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

mecharobot

• Trombe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 01, 2018, 08:31:31 AM »
The post-plots need to go, especially since in GSD there's not even any new mecha to add. Char's Counterattack needs to go too, since it prevents 0079 from coming back ever again. How about that Frozen Teardrop?  Katoki Wing, Proto-Zero?

Oh well, at least there's Sirbine.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 19, 2018, 11:27:44 PM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/19/super-robot-wars-xs-second-trailer-features-new-original-characters-and-robot-on-robot-action/

New trailer for SRWX. OGs this time are magic inquisitor on the run from the magic inquisition and girl who is good with magic. Butler Bird and Ravensoft Wizard Mech are both cool and good, and the villain/rival/whatever looks dapper as well.

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 23, 2018, 08:58:48 PM »
on the fence whether to get X, its like $62 on yesasia but their shipping is notoriously slow. Also, it does seem like there are less series in this one, no Getter Robo is crazy. But Gundam Wing is in it...
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 04, 2018, 04:58:41 PM »
SRW X has the debut of Reconguista in G (it follows the key plot points and makes the story more clear but doesn't change anything from the show) , Code Geass R2, and Gundam Wing endless waltz. You can also gain Char himself on your team (Rather than full frontal in SRW V). I'd suggest getting these English sub SRW games now because I doubt these games are getting reprints. After a while they are going to become rare and expensive to find.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about these games. At long last we are able to play SRW with English subs and its SO sweet. SRW V and X are rather easy SRW games though. I think the plot in V is more interesting but it follows Battleship Yamato's storyline and I liked that show. SRW X also has a dearth of super robots (if that matters to you) but at least the MC mecha is a magical super robot.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 05:12:13 PM by bigdeath »

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 04, 2018, 06:00:06 PM »
What about Super Robot Wars OG Moondwellers? I think I missed the conversation on that one...

EDIT: Screw it, SRW V looks great, but I'll wait a bit for a better price. I grabbed Moondwellers instead since I'm more invested in the OG characters.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 06:14:34 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 04, 2018, 07:52:58 PM »
What about Super Robot Wars OG Moondwellers? I think I missed the conversation on that one...

EDIT: Screw it, SRW V looks great, but I'll wait a bit for a better price. I grabbed Moondwellers instead since I'm more invested in the OG characters.

OG Moondwellers has some serious Singlish issues with it ("Einst!, Zwei!, Dry!", "Use Organite Buster here!" and many more), and the game's plot follows what's-his-face over Calvina; which in effect means that he's stuck in a gimped mech for about 90% of the game for plot reasons, whereas Calvina despite being treated as mostly 'just there' can effectively solo about 90% of the game.

V is interesting because of Yamato since unlike your typical SRW carrier, this fucker is treated like the floating Super Space Battleship that it is in both versions of the show. It also has everyone (and I mean everyone) taking a collective dump on Embryo, and the OGs are mostly window dressing since its the sudo shopkeeper AI OG character that's the real OG MC (that being said, the female OG is superior to the male one in this as well (also this is the first non-OG SRW since Z1 where you get to pick your protagonist).

X is less interesting because despite the setting, the various shows don't mix terribly well, with everything being divided between Gundam/Gundam-esque Reals and everything else. The localization is the best of the three, which is nice, but again, the writing itself doesn't really stand out as much as with better SRW games (this is sadly no MX boy, no MX). Its the male OG who gets the better deal this time around since he actually has interactions with Butler Bird versus getting creeped on 24/7 like the female OG, but Wataru is the true MC this time around. At least Nadia has a fun debut.

That FMP game. On the one hand, its nice seeing the SRW Neo team continue to get work. On the other hand, it follows the plot of the novels pretty religiously so expect Sousuke in the ARX-9/Leviathan and nothing else for long stretches.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 05, 2018, 11:19:45 PM »
Yay, the forum is back.

Anyway, I have the opposite preference. I prefer Soji in SRW V and Amari in SRW X. I like their theme songs and storylines more. *shrug Opinions be different :P

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 06, 2018, 01:23:19 AM »
Yay, the forum is back.

Anyway, I have the opposite preference. I prefer Soji in SRW V and Amari in SRW X. I like their theme songs and storylines more. *shrug Opinions be different :P

Yeah, but they more than likely had to jettison the Third Bridge (also any posts made before the year 2014 or thereabouts), and it still isn't fixed.

And those are fair opinions to have on OGs. Frankly the real stars of those shows are Nine and Butler Bird.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 20, 2018, 07:24:14 PM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/20/super-robot-wars-portable-gets-fan-translated/

So now we have 3 SRW games available to the west this year. Its a good time to be a Giant Robot anime fan.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 30, 2018, 05:16:59 AM »
Fair warning, SRW A protable is an old school SRW game. That means horrible hit rates, high energy costs, terrible spirit lists, and a reliance on the few actually good units you have to carry the rest of the team.

On the bright side, if you want to experience what an actually challenging SRW game is like then enjoy.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 30, 2018, 06:16:18 PM »
Fair warning, SRW A protable is an old school SRW game. That means horrible hit rates, high energy costs, terrible spirit lists, and a reliance on the few actually good units you have to carry the rest of the team.

On the bright side, if you want to experience what an actually challenging SRW game is like then enjoy.

It should also be noted as the last appearance of the RX-78 Gundam, for those of you really olde skool giant robot anime fans.

OG fans might care that this (or at least the original GBA version) is where Lamia and Axel originally hail from. The latter is especially noteworthy if your only exposure to the guy is from OG2 GBA (since they completely rewrote his character into "BEOWULF!!!" :black101:).

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 30, 2018, 10:14:38 PM »

It should also be noted as the last appearance of the RX-78 Gundam, for those of you really olde skool giant robot anime fans.

OG fans might care that this (or at least the original GBA version) is where Lamia and Axel originally hail from. The latter is especially noteworthy if your only exposure to the guy is from OG2 GBA (since they completely rewrote his character into "BEOWULF!!!" :black101:).

Sold!!!

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

RPG-Man

• That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 06, 2018, 03:07:01 PM »
Axel originally hail from. The latter is especially noteworthy if your only exposure to the guy is from OG2 GBA (since they completely rewrote his character into "BEOWULF!!!" :black101:).

Not to mention that at least for almost the first half of SRW A, Silly Axel is fun as hell to play as, Rocketo Soulu Punch! anyone ?
https://youtu.be/68eT8pnwt2M?t=54s
NPC: There's nothing wrong with drinking! And so what if my liver gives out? I always have a spare!

Nal: Uh...are you thinking about kidneys ?

NPC: Oh, yeah..Well, I guess I'm screwed. - Lunar: Silver Story