Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Rucks on Today at 03:28:46 PM »
Reading a pretty decent biography on Trotsky.  I need to check out some primary sources to be sure (I'm terrible at reading primary sources), but he seems a lot more reprehensible than I had originally believed.
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Tooker on Today at 12:56:15 PM »
I've been continuing the Abhorsen trilogy. I'm on the last book now, and it's still good stuff. If you like books with good female protagonists, you should check them out.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Frostillicus on Today at 10:53:22 AM »
I almost bought Tekken 7 during Steam's Christmas sale, but I opted for Tales of Berseria instead. Ended up being a tough decision. Didn't want to spend the money on both....

Unfortunately, I was 7 when it came out and I had to throw a shitfit to even get my parents to buy me a SNES.  Then by the time I was old enough to afford a Sega CD it was already too expensive.

I'm sure my experience is not unique.

My Sega CD broke in 9 months. Which is I think about the median life of the 1st gen Sega CDs.

I had a 1st gen that worked for years... Although sometimes it would randomly stop spinning, and thus my game would freeze at the next load. Happened almost every time I fought Ghaleon the first time at the end of Lunar (because the battle song was like 10 seconds long). Sometimes opening and closing it again before the next load would help.
...Yeah, it wasn't very well made.
*EDIT: I was wrong. Turns out I had the 2nd model, which I guess explains how long it lasted.

As for my own journaling, I've been re-playing through Red Faction: Guerilla (just liberated the Badlands, starting in Oasis area), as part of the games I've been playing after resurrecting my 360 for Vesperia. ...I'm gonna sell the ol 'Box and all of the games after I'm done with this one... It's time someone else enjoys them.
Anyway, RF:G is a decent open world game, but being "open world", it suffers from too much sameness. However, battling enemies and destroying things (the main selling point of the game) is fun as heck, though.
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Today at 10:45:59 AM »
@Mickeymac92 -- All I gotta say is Tekken 7 is awesome. Although I am not gonna defend the bowling. I mean, I can't even bowl as my mondo-awesome klyde-lee kustimization.. What the hell is that about? Oh and I wish I didn't suck so bad at fighting games.... there is that too.

I actually haven't gotten any of the DLC for Tekken 7 yet. I might, if only because it's currently sounding more worthwhile than paying $30 for a "season 3 pass" in Street Fighter V, since at least I get a unique game mode from that Bowling DLC...and I'm a sucker for SNK, so of course I'm excited about Geese Howard's inclusion.

But I'm in no rush with it. The game seems pretty meaty as-is. Still floors me how much I used to take this level of content in a fighting game for granted...
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 10:13:56 AM »
Resonance of Fate - managed to fight well without using the action point-draining run-and-gun mechanic.

What?  I didn't even know that was possible.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: RPG Fan Decides My Next Game
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 10:10:21 AM »
I'm not at all surprised that some of my selections to add to this poll aren't exactly universally loved.  But they're games I am really interested in experiencing for myself.

For Bravely, that Job System will get me to forgive a LOT.  And for SO, I'm just interested in getting to play around with another SO battle system after so many years.  If I am not enjoying a game, I will just stop playing it.  I have no qualms about leaving a bad game unfinished, so length doesn't matter much to me.
Also minor thing, but is it possible to change the way streams are announced? Even if I mute the channel it will still give me notifications because the function ignores anything that mentions you specifically, and apparently that includes the @Everyone.
Right-click on RPGFan server icon -> click "Notification Settings"
Turn on "Suppress @everyone and @here".

Does this do what you want?
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 07:18:20 AM »
Got my 5 star NYCorrin and he wants all of Leons skills and he wants them badly. Seriously, it's as if he was designed to clear out a Leon or two Leon from your barracks. Dunno if I want to go that far. I like Leon better than Corrin.
One downside of Discord is that if you're busy on a day everyone happens to have a good conversation, you can't make that perfect quip you've been saving up hours later like on the boards.

Also minor thing, but is it possible to change the way streams are announced? Even if I mute the channel it will still give me notifications because the function ignores anything that mentions you specifically, and apparently that includes the @Everyone.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Hathen on Today at 06:53:00 AM »
I've been playing around with Alfonse with Brashperation ever since I upgraded the seal, and it's nice to have him at least pull his weight as well as Sharena or Anna when he comes up in Arena, instead of just being a score stick. The only annoying thing is like how with so many other seals, there's like 5 other common units who have it as their only viable build and only one of them can use it at once.

And yeah, Corrin is probably the weakest of the New Years units. He's basically just a +DEF Leon with a crappier bow. I might just eat that 4* copy of him for that shiny Spur DEF/RES though, it'd probably fit in nicely on the Mae/Boey tag team I'm thinking of making.

I really don't care about optimum builds that much since I don't whale for that kind of nonsense (or at all for that matter). Besides, the real reason is to have another Dragon to throw at those fucking AA Bowlins because two isn't enough.

Oh yeah, I hear you on that. Lucky enough to have one BIke here and I'm not going to sacrifice him. The annoying thing is that so many of the tanky builds people come up with basically require Steady Breath to work properly. But apparently Adult Tiki's statline is basically right on that line to make her a perfect Ballin' counter if that's all you want her to do. If you go -HP +ATK all you'll need is DEF+ Lightning Breath, DEF+3 from Stahl and QR1 to make her survive and kill basically any Lyn. I plugged in the numbers and apparently it still works on a Honed +10 BLyn as long as she's not +ATK, and that's assuming Tiki's getting no buffs of her own. Guess I should upgrade her and Fae and make my own Dragon Emblem.

EDIT: Also apparently Quick Riposte stacks with itself, meaning Hector can run Wary Fighter with the seal and have essentially everything-breaker if you try to attack him. That'll be fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10