Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 03:44:47 PM »
A year ago I was struggling to scrape together 4 copies of either Gwendolyn and Draug to run those 4 Armor quests. A year later and I have almost enough unique Armors to fill out three quarters of a Brigade (I guess we still need a Dancer, Dagger and Staff Armor then, huh). But then, by my count, we have just enough available Armors in the game to completely fill a Brigade and still have 1 extra (so I'm not doing too badly in the Armor department; not a lot of Merges though).

Meanwhile Fliers have only enough units to fill out a Brigade and still have 2 left over, so we need some more Flier love, while Calvary can straight up fill out 2 whole Brigades and still have 1 remaining.
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 11:56:18 AM »
Kinda happy I got male Morgan despite many people saying he's underwhelming. He can take out Grima with only a little assistance, meaning my original team is often the only team I need on L7. The other teammembers are Cherche (until she maxes HM), a healer (rotating based on who is closests to hitting a HM milestone) and whatever blue tome/lance/bow/dagger unit is closests to getting some HM feathers. Cherche and Morgan do most of the work though.
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 08:58:44 AM »
My experiences thus far is that Lunatic 7 is going to require reshuffling my reserve teams around for the first time in forever since my first backup team simply cannot deal with Manboobwindow, full stop. But autobattling Hard 5 is fairly easy this go around since the AI will almost never have Dancers initiate when someone with higher damage output can pitch in, so she's almost always arriving at Awakening Endgame with full or nearly full HP and subsequently cannot be stopped barring seriously bad luck like a series of bad rounds jobbing Olivia/everyone else and there's a Cordelia and a Delthea on the field. It also helps that I actually put some serious effort into Olivia/Donnel/F!Robin prior to this (Donnel was part of my second AA team which let him see fairly consistent use for a while; Olivia I had basically built up because I wanted a bullshit Dancer on a Defense Team too (and then proceeded to pull 3 more bullshit Dancers in short order, so usable vanilla Olivia was mainly a bonus) and Female Robin was put back into rotation yet again as a reason to burn 20 Poprocks because I wanted her to have Keen Gronnwolf+).

And yes, I keep meaning Spd Ploy because this time I thought that Spd Ploy was his C Skill (at least I correctly remembered that his Prf debuffs Atk & Res).
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Dincrest on Today at 07:40:09 AM »
And I will admit, because of March Madness, I'm talking more with random people since it's a near-universal community talking point that unites us.  March Madness is the one thing keeping me, my family, my friends, my students, my coworkers, and my community as a whole sane during this Miserable March.  So... anyone else fill out March Madness brackets?  I filled out both a men's and women's bracket. 

In the men's tournament, Buffalo and UMBC totally busted, like, everyone's brackets (though I actually picked Buffalo over Arizona in mine.)  And those weren't wire upsets, they were 20 point curbstomps.  My men's bracket is busted because I had Arkansas going to the Final Four, but Butler deserved that win.  They totally outplayed Arkansas who were all over the place.  Similarly, although I picked Wichita State over Marshall, Marshall 100% deserved that win, because they played tightly. 

But my women's bracket is looking great so far.  I even predicted the Minnesota upset over Green Bay, and my one knock so far was picking Elon over NC State.  But, man, that Villanova-South Dakota State game was incredible to watch.  But though the scrappy SDSU Jackrabbits forced an overtime, the 'Nova Wildcats simply had more stamina and won that battle of attrition.  Still, in both the men's and women's tournaments, the Jackrabbits should be proud, because they had highly skilled opponents (Ohio State and 'Nova) on the ropes. 

I must say, the formatting on the women's bracket sheet I printed out is far nicer than the men's bracket and gives me more information.  And, not for nothing, but during interviews, the girls are better spoken and more articulate than the guys who are mostly mush-mouthed mumblers.  I even had a student say to me that next year he wants to fill out a women's bracket too, so slowly but surely they'll hopefully get the recognition they deserve. 
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 03:07:23 AM »
If you don't use it, you lose it. That goes for about anything but knowing how to ride a bicycle. And well, if you don't really learn in the first place... Yeah, I think there may be more people like that. On the other hand, social awkward people can now make friends more easily thanks to the internet. On the other other hand, end up in the wrong echochamber and you could end up with some very weird ideas.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom announced!
« Last post by Electricb7 on Today at 02:33:36 AM »
What version is everyone getting?
« Last post by Annubis on Yesterday at 07:22:49 PM »
People aren't writing anymore so we're losing our manual dexterity. Hence, I'd say those that live a life with the least contact possible are clearly losing on their social skills.
I mean, you can probably go on for a long time without ever getting out of your house nowadays with remote/informatic work, Amazon and grocery delivery.
General Discussions / Re: Today In The News
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 06:23:33 PM »
Stephen Hawking passed away this week.  The world just got a whole lot dumber now. 
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 06:06:56 PM »
I wonder, are we, as humans, losing the art of interpersonal communication and social graces?  I'll admit that I'm somewhat socially awkward and communicate with greater lucidity through writing than speaking (I tend to stumble on my words during conversations because I have a million ideas racing from my brain to my mouth).  However, I still am very capable of good interpersonal communication and social graces.  Heck, in every gigging band I've ever played in, I was usually the most outgoing member.  And here at RPGFan, I've been the PR coordinator for over a year now because I know how to schmooze. 
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 01:34:03 PM »
Had to get up early this morning and hit the road before the sunrise.  Guess what?  People were driving like absolute maniacs.

It's like, because there's more space on the road that means they can just use it all however they want?  Idk...
At least you didn't catch a coffee to the face from some douchenozzle this morning.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10