Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Re: RPG Fan Decides My Next Game
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 12:58:33 PM »
I'm voting for World of Final Fantasy just to hear somebody have an actual take on this, even if our interests don't necessarily align that often.
« Last post by Lian_Kazairl on Today at 12:28:53 PM »
Hmm, okay. So if you had never played Mass Effect, I would have voted for that no question. Because...well, it's Mass Effect. It may be the messiest of the trilogy, but it's still the starting point for an amazing story and cast of characters that will forever be near and dear to my heart. Having said that, I still wanted to vote for it, because...well, it's Mass Effect. I've actually been hankering to do a series replay myself, but dammit my backlog is just too big.

Anyway, I ended up voting for Trails of Cold Steel since you haven't played that yet. There's a caveat, though: it doesn't have to be right after Cold Steel since that might wear you out a little, but at some point later this year, you need to play Cold Steel II. I love the first Cold Steel, but in true Trails fashion it lays the groundwork for the real meat of the story, which is Cold Steel II (and now III but it'll be a while before we get that one). There are some serious "holy shit, that was the most epic thing to ever epic" moments the likes of which I haven't experienced in a good long while.
« Last post by Frostillicus on Today at 12:15:33 PM »
Star Ocean IV? Are you just checking to see if anyone here hates you?

I'll say Trails of Cold Steel, since you're still fresh off those hefty TitS...      games.
Unless you feel you need a break from the universe. Then Undertale, because it'd be a bit of a departure.
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 11:45:08 AM »
Played 30 minutes of Suikoden, 15-20 hours of Resonance of Fate, all of Mass Effect 1 (a million years ago), and demos of WoFF and Bravely Default.  All the others I haven't touched.
« Last post by Lian_Kazairl on Today at 11:38:47 AM »
Question: Have you played any of these games before?
Single-Player RPGs / RPG Fan Decides My Next Game
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 11:12:35 AM »
Link to a straw poll: http://www.strawpoll.me/14857572

There are 13 choices.  Whichever game is in the lead after I finish Xillia 2 will be my next game.  Convince me of your selection in the comments!
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Rucks on Today at 10:34:32 AM »
Unfortunately, I was 7 when it came out and I had to throw a shitfit to even get my parents to buy me a SNES.  Then by the time I was old enough to afford a Sega CD it was already too expensive.

I'm sure my experience is not unique.
« Last post by Frostillicus on Today at 10:17:47 AM »
^ I still have my OG Sega CD copies of those games. Only SCD games I kept, actually... I regret not keeping Popful Mail. 

I wish the Silver Star Story kept the darker vibes of the Sega CD version. I was disappointed with the increased cuteness, ...as well as the shittier music.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Hathen on Today at 09:41:20 AM »
The madmen actually gave us a QR seal. I bet Armads will get some kind of upgrade next time they add more reforges since everyone can run his signature combo now. I've so far avoided promoting any Subakis to 5* so it's nice to have my misering rewarded. Now they just need to add Distant Counter, Steady Breath and Fury seals (the final one just so people can run a Triple-Fury Eldigan who takes 18 damage after battle). It's just that as always, it sucks to have to constantly shift seals around so you can only ever have one guy carrying the QR seal.

Promoting Adult Tiki would certainly go well with the QR seal, but personally I've had a -SPD +DEF one (Personally I think if you have the option you should just dump SPD on her since its unsalvageable anyway) at 4* for a while, and while she does her designated role really well, I've never felt the need to promote her because people just don't run axes that much, mostly one of Hector, Amelia or BIke, and you don't need such a dedicated unit like Tiki to take them out. Her weakness to Nino's brute force and Naga kinda limits her ability as a team Red too. That and her optimum build really wants you to stick Steady Breath on her so she can spam Aether or some other long charge move.
« Last post by Rucks on Today at 09:09:56 AM »
finally found Lunar 1 and 2 complete for a reasonable price!

I let them go for nothing 10+ years ago and have had an itch to get back into them for the last month.

It's too bad going the Sega CD route is cost prohibitive because I've never played those versions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10