Author Topic: A JRPG About BOOBS!

The Legendary Zoltan

• Narcissistic Legend
    • View Profile
    • Turn Based Memories
A JRPG About BOOBS!
« on: May 13, 2018, 07:56:53 AM »
There is a new game coming out called Omega Labyrinth Z. Aside from the main character having BOOBS THAT GROW ALL THE WAY UP TO A Z-CUP(!), the really interesting thing about this game is that it's being developed by Matrix Software. This is a company who has made exactly 4 games (that matter). Alundra, Torneko: The Last Hope, Alundra 2, and Dual Hearts. That first game, Alundra, is one of the greatest games ever made. It's not an RPG, though. Perhaps the other three games are pretty good as well, but I can't expect any of them to hold a candle to Alundra. Their last game, Dual Hearts came out SIXTEEN years ago. I'm very excited that Matrix Software is coming back after all this time with a major console game. I hope it's fun.

Any of you guys hear about this game or play any of Matrix's old games?
Click HERE for the ONLY JRPG podcast that has an original format.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: A JRPG About BOOBS!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 09:55:12 AM »
There is a new game coming out called Omega Labyrinth Z. Aside from the main character having BOOBS THAT GROW ALL THE WAY UP TO A Z-CUP(!), the really interesting thing about this game is that it's being developed by Matrix Software. This is a company who has made exactly 4 games (that matter). Alundra, Torneko: The Last Hope, Alundra 2, and Dual Hearts. That first game, Alundra, is one of the greatest games ever made. It's not an RPG, though. Perhaps the other three games are pretty good as well, but I can't expect any of them to hold a candle to Alundra. Their last game, Dual Hearts came out SIXTEEN years ago. I'm very excited that Matrix Software is coming back after all this time with a major console game. I hope it's fun.

Any of you guys hear about this game or play any of Matrix's old games?

I've played some of their more recent games like the DS port of Final Fantasy 3 (whom some will recognize as that version of an FF game that's better ignored over the original NES/Famicom version) as well as hearing about their work on FF4, as well noted DS game Avalon Code (a game who's gimmick is that you record people, things, tools, monsters, magic and ideas into this book and use them to fight your way across the game and ultimately to rebuild the world; but in practice, falls incredibly short of even achieving basic gameplay mechanics (like the book being treated like an inventory menu, except that its horribly unorganized, chock full of clutter and an unsorted mess that you have to dive into every time you need something from it), and the plot is absolutely nothing to write home about either; choosing to squander absolutely everything about the conceit of the game).

So I hate to tell you this, but this game is exactly as vapid shovelware trash appealing only to the lowest common denominator as the cover and basic concept implies.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 02:20:33 PM »
Strange how people can still support a company because of something they made 20 years ago when odds are the individuals responsible for that 20 year old success have long since moved on.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 04:18:19 PM »
Wait what?

...oh, that game that was actually banned by the UK ratings board. Yeah, I think I'll go back to pretending this clearly desperate, pandering game doesn't exist.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 05:22:42 PM »
This is either a remake or a sequel of a game from 3 years ago.  RPGFan covered it

It's a little weird that PQube is publishing it, since they're based in the UK and this game is banned in that region. 

Dincrest

• Public Relations Nightmare
  • RPGFan Editor
  • I have nothing funny to say
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 06:15:01 PM »
Oh, another cheesecake fanservicey dungeon crawler?  I feel like those are becoming more and more ubiquitous these days, and none of them are really that good.  Matrix struck gold with Alundra, but everything else in their catalog has been meh at best.   And I'm seeing this new title as a washed-up one-hit-wonder grasping for straws.  I know Matrix also collaborated with other companies on several projects, like that DS RPG Nostalgia that they did with Red Company.  I was unimpressed: http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/nostalgia/index.html
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 05:52:07 PM by Dincrest »
"If marriage were a woman's grave, as the proverb claimed, sixteen year-old Kaiya suspected the emperor was arranging her funeral." 
     -The beginning of Songs of Insurrection by J.C. Kang

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan Editor
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 08:01:34 AM »
Arent all jrpgs already about boobs
how's my posting? call 1-800-pee-pee-poo-poo

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 09:03:17 AM »

I feel like there exists at least some kind of Cho Aniki style JRPG out there.

If not, then what the fuck Japan!? You need to get on this already.

...or were you referring to JRPG Protagonists in general?

Ramza

• Enjoying Retirement
  • Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 05:12:03 AM »
There was indeed a Cho Aniki JRPG, on WonderSwan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNkERzq36g0

I reviewed the soundtrack for it too. :)

http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/choaniki/

Maxximum

• RPGFan Editor
  • Fills you with determiantion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 12:16:53 PM »
All this talk about Alundra and no one mentioned the stream? :(
NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you

Nel_Annette

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 07:08:57 PM »

At the very least, every Tales Of game is required to designate at least one member of the party as "the boobs", as I like to call them. Luckily, whoever that is usually has a completely different personality to the others in the series.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 09:00:37 PM »

At the very least, every Tales Of game is required to designate at least one member of the party as "the boobs", as I like to call them. Luckily, whoever that is usually has a completely different personality to the others in the series.

Although the same can not be said about the Final Fantasy series.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:04:51 PM by Aeolus »

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 07:12:16 AM »

Would that be Velvet in Tales of Berseria?  She was the bustiest of all the ladies in the game.

All this talk about Alundra and no one mentioned the stream? :(
As fond of my memories of that game, watching the stream has reminded me that the game has its technical issues as well.  The game, by today's standards isn't anywhere as playable as it was for its time.  One thing watching that stream does, though is make me miss Working Designs during their heyday.  Say what you will about Victor Ireland; but when it came to the games they localized, every effort was a labor of love.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 07:17:16 AM by MonCapitan2002 »

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

Der Jermeister

• A True Dragon Quest Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 02:11:18 PM »
Matrix Software has created games other than those listed, and their quality to me tends to be hit-or-miss, so I can't say I'm excited for their latest title. By the way, I don't think Working Designs' translations are all that great, to be honest. In the original Lunar games and their remakes, for instance, they say "Mel founded Meribia" instead of just "Mel governs Meribia" like he does in the original Japanese version of the titles, which contradicts the spinoff manga that says Meribia is over a century or so old. There's also dialogue like "The world will once again be mine on a delicious half-shell." Sorry, but if movies had dialogue like that, they'd get torn apart by critics. The Lunar 2 remake also had really shitty, unnatural battle dialogue. I also didn't care much for the fact that they left the Japanese voicework in the Arc the Lad games intact, which sounded more like gibberish than actual Japanese.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:21:38 PM by Der Jermeister »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 03:17:44 PM »
Matrix Software has created games other than those listed, and their quality to me tends to be hit-or-miss, so I can't say I'm excited for their latest title. By the way, I don't think Working Designs' translations are all that great, to be honest. In the original Lunar games and their remakes, for instance, they say "Mel founded Meribia" instead of just "Mel governs Meribia" like he does in the original Japanese version of the titles, which contradicts the spinoff manga that says Meribia is over a century or so old. There's also dialogue like "The world will once again be mine on a delicious half-shell." Sorry, but if movies had dialogue like that, they'd get torn apart by critics. The Lunar 2 remake also had really shitty, unnatural battle dialogue. I also didn't care much for the fact that they left the Japanese voicework in the Arc the Lad games intact, which sounded more like gibberish than actual Japanese.

WD also had the tendency to hack their games to make them generally less playable because nothing screams 'difficulty' than archaic horseshit like limited saves, inflated HP totals/stats, the removal of items (or in Lunar 1's case, the addition of a key item that both takes up one of your extremely limited inventory slots and is tossable for an easy dead man walking scenario).