Author Topic: How long do you play an RPG for in one sitting

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
Re: How long do you play an RPG for in one sitting
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2012, 12:08:12 AM »
Duck, just played EU3 for like two hours. Shit be ENGROSS.

Actually shit all happened, I just got into a pointless war with Moscow.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2012, 06:24:11 PM »
I usually play between 30 minutes and 2 hours, ocassionally stretching it to 3 hours if it's really engrossing. The only recorded exceptions to that are Shining Force and Final Fantasy 6, which I played for 5 hours each on my initial session, and Etrian Odyssey and The Dark Spire, which I played for 6 hours each. Obviously quality does not play a factor in the length of my play sessions. The longest I ever played a game was when I made a bet with my friend that I could play and beat Dragon Warrior in one night. I started at 7 PM and played it non-stop until I got to the final dungeon at 7 AM, when I finally passed out.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Der Jermeister

• PikaBluth
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2012, 12:17:54 AM »
I typically play in one hour intervals to give my eyes a rest between games since it's sort of recommended during said playtime, unless I'm in a spot where I can't perma-save easily, in which case it can go for up to somewhere over two hours, for example, if I'm grinding in the Item World in the Disgaea games.