Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 05:39:19 PM »
LoZ:TH. By some twist of fate, I was able to find other people playing this thing online so I'm actually making progress in this again. I've been clearing a boatload of challenges in certain regions (namely the Forest, Castle and Ruins), with a couple elsewhere as well and I even got the Ruins done (still need to do the Desert and the Sky Palace).
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 04:44:36 AM »
So who should I pair Brinaki up with? Miccy? Delthea? Nowi? Maybe Palla or Catria while she waits for either Sigrum or Tanith to arrive in their SUP (Sports Utility Pegasus) and pick her up after school? Or maybe Ike because almost everybody in Tellus likes Ike.

Anyways, after two mediocre rounds, Round 3 ended in a complete blowout on my team's end as apparently they changed the mechanics so that when you achieve a Knockout, you can open up formerly protected regions, which in turn can be knocked out themselves for even more territories. And provided that you have a really strong Whale team or something, are comfortable with running Inferno on Autobattle and have a shitload of Lances stashed away, you can easily and singlehandedly chain opponent territories (since newly available territories all start at their default value).

I'll admit, I didn't have someone like that on my team, but six Knockouts were had nevertheless, which kinda makes the previous strategy of being in a good position going into the last rounds somewhat less important. At any rate, I hope it'll be a long while before we get another one of these (all of my non-Cavalry Brigades kinda suck still, there just isn't enough time to train dammit).

At least my Armor Emblem is trained enough to dance through the T&A ReBHeB's Lunatic Mode. I just need to do the same with Anna and Alfonse.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: A JRPG About BOOBS!
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 04:15:53 AM »
Would that be Velvet in Tales of Berseria?  She was the bustiest of all the ladies in the game.

Velvet, Milla, Sheena, Tear, Grune, Judith etc. There's usually always someone.

Mint, Mary, ...., Rutee, Sheena, Hilda, Grune (despite Chole being not-a-slouch in that department, probably the only game in the series with multiple Boobs), Tear, Judith, ...., Ange, Raine (because Sheena didn't come back), Judith, Innes, Pascal, Milla, Milla again, Lailah and Velvet.

I think that's all of them. Eternia and the first DS game are pretty bereft of cleavage, but the rest seem to stack up (though Symphonia 2 falls pretty flat as well).
« Last post by Nel_Annette on Today at 03:17:51 AM »
Would that be Velvet in Tales of Berseria?  She was the bustiest of all the ladies in the game.

Velvet, Milla, Sheena, Tear, Grune, Judith etc. There's usually always someone.
« Last post by Tomara on Yesterday at 02:11:24 PM »
Lucky me got a Brinian (is that what we're calling her?) from the first blue orb I spotted and I already love her so, so much, because now I get to pair her up with LA!Eliwood and it'll be sooooooo cute! I'm also looking forward to Tuxedo Marth. He'll be paired up with my B!Caeda I accidently got from some Legendary Banner. She's -atk and utterly useless, but they're going to look super cute together so whatever.
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Rucks on Yesterday at 10:38:27 AM »
Reading the Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers.  It's a fantastic Sci-Fi novel by someone who is completely in love with Science Fiction and space travel. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is in to that genre. My only real complaint is that her male ship captain WAY overthinks social interaction and conversation in a manner that is generally very atypical of someone in his position/with his life experiences. But I hear that women have been dealing with those sort of mischaracterizations from male authors forever, so I guess it's a small price to pay for what has so far been a tremendously enjoyable novel.
« Last post by Hathen on Yesterday at 09:09:37 AM »
Well, to balance out your early luck, I dumped all my orbs (~250 of them) into the Bride banner sniping only Blues and came out with a pitybreaker 5* Tailtiu for my troubles. Terrible IVs too, so maybe I'll just save her for when someone wants Blarblade (I actually do want to use one of her eventually, but I've pulled about 8 Tailtius so far but none of them have been +SPD yet). It was nice of the game to give me one blue orb at a time so I had to spend 5 on about 90% of my pulls. Well, big surge of orbs coming from the TT soon so maybe that'll save me.

Softening the blow was getting a few good 3/4* pulls. I got a 3* Athena who I've been waiting for for a while. I got 2 Shigures, one of who is +SPD/-DEF so I dunno if I should keep him around (either way he's top-tier fodder). Finally I got 3 Effies, which puts me at one too many but I'm sure someone will want Wary Fighter soon. Whatever the case that allows me to show off my second shiny border unit.

She still needs DC to be complete, but she's already doing a pretty good job carrying my arena team half the time.
« Last post by Der Jermeister on May 21, 2018, 08:04:24 PM »
Yeah, topical references definitely tend to date videogames, the same going for TV shows.
« Last post by Dincrest on May 21, 2018, 06:38:57 PM »
...so I guess it's safe to say that none of us will be buying Matrix's Lascivious Labyrinth: Big Boobies game then. 

As for Working Designs, my big issue with their text localizations were the pop culture references.  They always killed any immersion I had being in a fantasy world and would feel totally dated were I to replay it later on in life.  And I agree that some of their gameplay tweaks were terrible.  Silhouette Mirage would have been a totally fun game had they kept the original Japanese play mechanics and balance as is and not thrown a monkey wrench into its works for the US version, making it an absolute kick in the nuts to play. 
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Dincrest on May 21, 2018, 06:32:41 PM »
I think as Harry grows up, readers both love and hate him because he's believable.  My mom had an unpleasant kneejerk reaction to the aforementioned part in book 5 because irascible Harry reminded her of me when I was in middle school; my middle school years were a thoroughly unpleasant period of time to say the least.  And, for her, that was the point in the series when the wistful fantasy was shattered and things stopped being polite and started getting real. 

I'm still re-reading Hexed: Sisters of Witchdown and am around chapter 14.  I'm impressed that the author is keeping fairly thorough tabs on the consistencies between it, Fall of Cthulhu, and the Hexed comic series.  The only inconsistency throughout all of that is that the protagonist's indelible brand/mark/tattoo is on her left shoulder in some mediums and on her right in others.  But it's something I can more or less handwave away. 

I know some negative reviews talk ill of the protagonist occasionally losing her focus during the story and getting dreamy about what life would be like as a normal teenager, but they don't get it.  The protagonist has had to live an extremely abnormal life beyond the fringes of our reality and continues to live an abnormal life beyond that fringe, so her "anthropologist on Mars" fascination (and occasional consternation) with our mundane is endearing.  It's like how Arthur Weasley is fascinated by the muggle world and the stuff we think nothing of he finds marvelous. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10