Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Persona 5R teaser
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 11:38:45 AM »
And so Pi5S is still potentially in the cards.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Persona 5R teaser
« Last post by Annubis on Yesterday at 10:56:28 AM »
Atlus: We know we said this about P3 and P4, but there won't be another version of P5
Atlus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBg37-1UQMI

;)
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Der Jermeister on March 22, 2019, 07:09:53 PM »
I tried Feudal Alloy on the Switch and thoroughly enjoyed it. One of my first favorite games of the year.

Working on Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition also on my Switch, and think it's great, but not wonderful. There was an error in the synopsis saying that a mansion was east of a city when in actuality it was west, so definite points off for that.

Slowly working on Grandia Xtreme and have mapped the water ruins all the way to what I think is the boss chamber.
« Last post by Aeolus on March 22, 2019, 01:34:49 AM »
In older SRPG haps, I continue with my FE1 playthrough. Currently on Chapter 8 where the game finally starts to bear its fangs. Although I have a blessed Caeda who's puttin' in work. Funny how she doesn't even need a busted Prf to bust ass at this stage of the game as long as she can proc her Str/Def growths once or twice (she's got more than enough Spd to double thieves with a Javelin). Marth is of course incredibly busted in this version, but that's par for the course given his utter lack of competition and just the game's general design (he'll be less busted when I start having to drag him all over creation to pick locks and visit villages). I'm still using Axe users despite losing most of their relevancy by this point, but I can start phasing out the rest of the starting losers like Draug and Gordin next chapter. I should probably use Wendell more, but I don't want to bust the game too hard right now (also, I haven't been able to find any new magic tomes for him nor Merric up to this point, although this also changes by now).
General Discussions / Re: Completion List 2019
« Last post by Monsoon on March 22, 2019, 12:15:52 AM »
1. Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix
2. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
3. Kirby: Planet Robobot
4. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
5. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
6. Timespinner
7. Devil May Cry 5
8. Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Feel pretty good about what I've played so far on the year!  Standouts so far are Timespinner and DMC5 (both of which I adored), and don't feel bad about any of these really.  I didn't love Kingdom Hearts (no surprises there), but I'm particularly glad I finally crossed that one off my list after giving up on my first playthrough 15+ years ago. 

Up next: I'm near the end of Super Mario World (having this unplayed is one of my greatest gaming shames), which I'm playing on a SNES Classic.  I'm also about 15-20 hours into Octopath Traveler (finished 8 Chapter 1's and 1 Chapter 2), about halfway through a replay of Ys: The Oath in Felghana, and BARELY started The Last Guardian.  Want to have all four of those done by the end of April. 
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Ranadiel on March 20, 2019, 06:28:26 AM »
I would recommend Kimestsu no Yaiba as I enjoy the manga and the stills I've seen for the anime look very good.
« Last post by Arvis on March 19, 2019, 05:17:01 PM »
Yeah, the APC is easily one of the best, most useful things in all of VC4.  That said, I'm 100% in support of taking your time on maps and enjoying the gameplay. :)
« Last post by Jimmy on March 18, 2019, 02:36:02 PM »
I'm still plugging away at Langrisser mobile. I've reached a point where the game either forces you to grind a lot or spend real-world money to progress. It's pretty annoying, but I'm still enjoying it quite a bit despite this problem. It isn't a big deal to do the daily missions everyday and power-up characters and troops, and I still really enjoy the character advancement as it's quite addictive. There are also some grinding options that will simply allow you to "sweep" a level you've already completed, and others that allow you to just turn on the auto-battle function and let it do its thing, so it's not too much of a commitment. That works for me too because I refuse to spend any real-world money on it.

Story-wise I'm to chapter 24 of the main game, and level 5-5 of the time rift, which is the second half of the empire path of Langrisser II. My team level is currently at 45. The grind became prevalent around level 40, so I've been playing more casually since then. It's a pretty nice time-killer on the train so it works well.
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on March 18, 2019, 03:57:28 AM »
One Punch Man 2. Nothing else matters.

Actually, I take that back, Gunjou no Magmel looks pretty cool. Dunno if I'll get around to it, though. I really don't think I'm interested in following seasonal anime anymore, tbh. And if it's based on a manga, I might be better off waiting until it sets up a proper story arc before I get into it. These tend to take some time to build up momentum.

Promare also looks interesting, but as with all movies, I don't like hunting down fansubs, so I'll wait for an official english release, if one ever happens.
« Last post by Aeolus on March 17, 2019, 11:14:40 PM »
At this point its better to bail on Shingeki/Attack on Titan. The explanation wasn't worth it.

Meanwhile I'm still plugging away at L-Gaim. I'm on episode 44 now and its hilarious on what a Twenty Xanatos Pileup this has become.

I've also checked out Macross Delta: Movie Edition and while the plotting is significantly tighter, I feel like they could've excised Mirage from it entirely (as they already did in regards to the plot).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10