Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Rook on February 11, 2019, 09:00:48 PM »
Hey The Promised Neverland is really good.
General Discussions / Re: Completion List 2019
« Last post by Arvis on February 11, 2019, 11:43:28 AM »
So far in 2019 I've beaten the Dusk trilogy: Ateliers Ayesha, Escha&Logy, Shallie. All "Plus" versions (Vita).

Not sure what will come next. Probably Octopath.

And here I was just thinking that maybe I should TRY Atelier Rorona again.  IDK.  I have a hard time with anime games. '^__^

Octopath is an excellent choice, my man.  Please do so.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Hathen on February 11, 2019, 02:50:02 AM »
Wow, I hadn't even noticed they re-added rank 1~1000 back in AR. Just another point under the list of "shitty manipulative things IS did on the anniversary". I'm actually ending the week in Tier 24 (as a side note, the top score right now is 12960- I'm pretty sure even if this wasn't a shortened season the guy would've just barely made it into Tier 27) and my current rank is 74, though I'm sure it'll drop to somewhere in the 300s once I get my loss for the day. Was hoping I could slack for a few weeks until Tier 21 bloated to 3000+ people, but I guess that's not happening. I even set up a themed defense team and everything (Elibe team with Eliwood, Hector, Ninian, Roy and Lilina. Also Clarine because it's not AR unless I'm annoying you with Dazzling Pain), but I guess I'll keep it for now even though I've not killed a single unit this week. I'm guessing by the time the March Mythic hits I'll be completely squeezed out of topping the rankings so I guess I'll try to grab those extra 2 flowers and 5 cups a week while I can (hell, since I didn't pull Duma I'm guessing whales will be taking up all the top ranks on Astra/Anima weeks).

Also apparently the Gacha Gods heard my bellyaching about not pulling anything premium on free 5*s, so they decided to bless me with a free copy of Micaiah on the daily FE10 banner that just passed. She's also +ATK -RES, and I can get rid of the latter part if I want to. So that's kinda nice. Didn't get anything on the daily Awakening banner or Love Abounds rerun, but I think my bad luck from the Mythic Banner has sorta balanced out from 3 free 5* pulls from these daily banners.
« Last post by Aeolus on February 09, 2019, 04:55:34 AM »
At least if we do get Fates beasts, it'll still be an improvement over the last several months (barring Beasts banner 1) since nothing but OCs, Seasonals, the same Fates Royals for the 5th time was garbage. (Fake Edit: Oh god. If we finally get some goddamn info in regards to Three Houses this month, they could be shoved in here. That would almost be too stupid, and couldn't possibly happen though. Right???)

As for my second 5 star pull, at least this time I got one of the colors I wanted to pull from and got a NY Fjorm out of the deal. +Res/-HP which is rather meh, but she's at least 40 DFs for one of my good fliers (plus a second Flying Bow user wouldn't be all that bad, even if she is Green).

And yeah, Feh made the back half of the Where's Askr game incredibly easy. But then, I only had any issues with seeking out Sharena and had the third wallpaper available by the third round. But I'm not going to argue with it since they could've made it so much worse.

D. Bags F. Us Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon in regards to D. Flower distribution. I failed to notice that you get a bunch from your AR ranking as well as your AR tier, and of course there's more to gain from ranking over tier, with wailords getting 44 DFs per session. And just to rub the goddamn salt into the wound, they brought back the 1~1000 ranking tier while further increasing the Grail rewards for whales (35 Grails and 44 DFs per session on rank alone). So yeah, DFs are a lot closer to Mtn. Dew in terms of Whale Privilege than I originally thought. Also, the Lava map still sucks to play against while Grasslands just became a shitload more unpredictable since enemies might or might not break their way through the destructible walls.

Also I am an idiot who lacks in simple pattern recognition in that I blew 60 orbs at the Bath House banner again. Managed to pull a Ryoma at the very end. A Year 1 Ryoma, complete with +Res/-Atk. The Nanna I pulled right after him was worth more than that, nevermind the L'Arachel or Tailtiu I've also walked away with. The upside to this is that barring OG Hinoka, I now have a copy of every Fates Asshole from launch (and in fact, aside from Hinoka, Linde and OG Lyn, I now have a copy of every character from launch; and it's only taken me 2+ years to make it this far).
« Last post by Hathen on February 09, 2019, 02:28:46 AM »
I honestly stopped keeping track of how I was doing on the Where's Waldo minigame, but I know once they changed it to Feh it became laughably easy and you could finish it in 15 seconds or less, easy. All my votes went to Nailah, if the pick is going to random at least make it so that all 4 are super premium skill fodder. LAzura's a good unit but her fodder is actually kinda bad unless you really want a Blue Flier in Arena.

Also lots of free pulls today but every single one screwed me. On both the free seasonal 2.0 banner and Ike/Soren BHB Rerun I got no Red orbs to pick from despite the fact that any other time you're constantly flooded with the damn things. Ended up getting Summer Cordelia as my free seasonal pick which is basically the only thing I didn't want from blue because she has basically nothing useful to fodder. At least she came as +ATK/-DEF which is kinda decent I guess. My other 2 free pulls were trashy 3*s as per usual.

February Calendar is out at least, and as it turns out we actually are getting New Heroes this month, as well as a new GHB. Place your bets on who it might be, I'm guessing it's going to be another Fates banner including Selkie, because they probably mistakenly thought the Anniversary gifts was going to actually calm us before continuing their typical cycle.
« Last post by Ramza on February 08, 2019, 11:25:17 PM »
So far in 2019 I've beaten the Dusk trilogy: Ateliers Ayesha, Escha&Logy, Shallie. All "Plus" versions (Vita).

Not sure what will come next. Probably Octopath.
« Last post by Greganox on February 08, 2019, 09:29:14 PM »
Started the new year by beating Lego the Hobbit. I liked that it took some gameplay and design ques from the lotr entry. A shame the remainder of the story wasn't included in the game. I also had some difficulty differentiating between some of the dwarves.

Did another run of Fire Emblem Awakening. Paired the avatar with Cordelia this time.

This week I played through Lego Star Wars Complete. My favourite level from the prequels was droid factory and as for the original trilogy it would be the duel against Darth Vader.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ys IX
« Last post by Aeolus on February 08, 2019, 08:23:04 PM »
By about 4 months yes. Its also why the game's controls are such a mess. (Seriously. Who puts your Special Finisher onto the same buttons needed to use skills and to dodge? Especially when you need to hold down the skills button to actually use said skills.)
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ys IX
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on February 08, 2019, 07:43:51 PM »
Ahh.  So the game had to work around that handheld's limitations.  Actually, come to think of it, wasn't it released on the Vita in Japan before being released on the Playstation 4?
« Last post by Aeolus on February 08, 2019, 06:42:26 AM »
Its amusing to me that everybody with a Bladetome has finally gotten either a buffed Bladetome or Prf alternative *sideeyes Tome of Thoron* given how cagey they were with them when they first started implementing weapon refines. That M!Robin's (and by association F!Robin's) Raventome have gotten a boost as well is also a sign of the times.

Also, the Heroic Ordeals seem to be divided based upon Book implementations with 2 Dragon F.s for units released prior to Fjorm and the start of Book 2 (all the way up to Joshua), 8 Dragon F.s for units released from Fjorm to just before Eir starting off Book 3 (ranging from Rhajat to Hrid) and 40 from Eir to today's releases. The question remains on whether the cutoff points will move over time or will they only adjust with Book 4 (and in the case of the former, in what increments).

Meanwhile, the devs seem to be at least semi merciful this time around as the AR rewards for Dragon F.s start at 20 per session at rank 1 and increment every four ranks to rank 21's 34 Dragon F.s, before ratcheting by rank up to 40 at the top tier. So its not quite the whale privilege that Forging Stones/Divine Dew are at least.

As for that Where's Askr? mini game, I've finished casting my 12 votes with a top time of 13 sec. How did you do?

And for the latest banner, I've finally hit upon some luck in chasing some of the these seasonals down. I'm now rocking a +Def/-Atk ValenSoren and a +HP/-Atk ValenMist (I did only say 'some luck') in 60ish Orbs. That's at least +80 F.s to give to my good horses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10