Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by ironmage on Today at 09:47:26 PM »
I hit a rough patch a few months back.  The whole depression/anxiety thing compounded with work-related stress started to have significant physical side effects, and although desperation isn't in my repertoire, the situation became a bit much to deal with.

I ended up asking for help throwing myself on the mercy of the system.  I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, with some OCD on the side.

I don't think any of the personnel involved understood exactly how bad it was--I'm really good at concealing my internal state--but I guess that doesn't matter.  I got myself a prescription for happy pills and a few sessions with a psychologist, and I'm feeling better.  Better than I have in years.

Now just because I've had a couple good weeks doesn't mean I'm out of the quicksand.  But y'know?  I think this might turn out okay.

On the downside, the meditation exercises haven't given me any superpowers yet.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Horizon Zero Dawn
« Last post by Agent D. on Today at 07:22:50 PM »
Yeah they have plenty to eat.

However you were only able to carry 100lbs back to the wagon.
I mean....have you ever tried to eat 100lbs of meat? That's like an easy month of food for 1 person, including snacking.

You needn't worry. Most of it will wash away the next time they try to ford a river.
Better than dying to dysentary I guess...
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 06:31:56 PM »
Welp. The HoT ReBHeB didn't last five minutes, I've reached 50k in the T_T+, and I've rounded up all the quests associated with Legion and Female Robin, so for the first time since November, I'm out of things to do beyond SA/CC/AA grinding and maybe trying for a higher Feather tier for this T_T+.

At least tomorrow will have the third 'Tappa! Tappa! Tappa!'. :V Hopefully Golden Week has something good planned, because I could stand to do something more productive other than wait for Blessed Gardens and Radiant Dawns or work towards my fourth HP+3 seal (it'd be nice if they could preview who the next Three Heroes quest will be about since I could use the time to get ahead of that grind).
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 03:38:24 PM »
Acquired my 6th party member in Ni No Kuni II!  However, part of my self-imposed "challenge" rules is if someone gets KOed they get cycled to the back of the line.  After getting this new character all decked out and ready to go, I got to use her for all of 5 minutes before she ate dirt.  The weird thing is, Tani was also close to death in that same fight.  And it was just random mobs.  After that fight I have been in no danger at all for the rest of the dungeon.  I have no idea what happened.
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 09:37:05 AM »
I should mention that I finally finished Emma the other day, so it's right back to ST:TNG novels for me.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom announced!
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 09:35:33 AM »
But the dungeon in Goldpaw has an awesome theme, at least.  Very unusual and fun, especially considering it's still Hisaishi.
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Annubis on Today at 08:25:41 AM »
growing up in a heavily religious household, etc.

That household needs more Jesus then.

There ya go!
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Horizon Zero Dawn
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 09:58:07 PM »
Yeah they have plenty to eat.

However you were only able to carry 100lbs back to the wagon.
I mean....have you ever tried to eat 100lbs of meat? That's like an easy month of food for 1 person, including snacking.

You needn't worry. Most of it will wash away the next time they try to ford a river.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom announced!
« Last post by Marshmallow on Yesterday at 09:20:06 PM »
If it's any consolation, Capstan is probably my second favorite so far.  I just got to Broadleaf and actually don't like that theme at all, despite another cool town design.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Der Jermeister on Yesterday at 07:58:45 PM »
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth - I've reached the Fifth Stratum, and have largely been smoothly sailing through the bar quests.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - I don't like the lack of music, but this has otherwise started out good

Resonance of Fate - Trying to scrounge up some money so I can buy weapon parts like the scope that gives my guns long-range capability.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10