Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Langrisser 1 and 2 remakes for PS4 and Switch
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 01:04:49 AM »
Looks like I don't have to worry about trying to hunt down Warsong anymore (assuming they bother to localize these; the other question being 'will they also include Der Langrisser?').

But wait! Does this mean that SRPGs are finally making a comeback!?
Single-Player RPGs / Langrisser 1 and 2 remakes for PS4 and Switch
« Last post by Lard on Yesterday at 11:49:25 PM »
I checked the front page first :P

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/langrisser-i-ii-full-remakes-announced-for-ps4-switch

Kadokawa games making them

The games are being fully remade, from graphics to systems, and optimized to be easier to play for newcomers. Character designs are completely new, the scenario is fully voiced, and the UI is being optimized. Battles also have cut-ins, and new elements not included in the original games will be added.

Full reveal on the 29th
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Frostillicus on Yesterday at 09:40:34 PM »
DA: I - 65+ hours in, level 17-ish. Feels like this game goes on forever, if you keep exploring. That's pretty cool in itself, but I'm honestly starting to feel a bit worn out on it. Haven't decided whether I want to beeline for the end, or take a break and come back to it...

Tales of Berseria - Just got through the opening sequence. I've assumed command of sexy "Life is Pain" Velvet, and am bustin' out the slammer. The game lives up to the hype of being pretty dark for a Tales game, but Velvet's edgy persona feels a bit ...hammy, for lack of a better word. Still, I'm digging the story. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.
 I think I like the battle system. It's already better than Xillia, but I seem to fuckin up the timing of Combos often, or I don't quite understand how the blue diamond energy system works yet... In time I'm sure.
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 08:19:59 PM »
I recently finished Songs of Insurrection (Book 1 of J.C. Kang's The Dragon Songs Saga) and I absolutely loved it!  It was like Game of Thrones style political maneuvering meets a wuxia piece (e.g. films like House of Flying Daggers and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon; books like Jin Yong's Condor series.)  Before I begin the second book, Orchestra of Treacheries (which seems like it will go deeper into people doing political power plays), I've started reading the prequel short story Prelude to Insurrection.  So far, I'm enjoying it since it's fleshing out one of the more interesting characters. 
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Things you can't bear in a JRPG
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 04:14:51 PM »
Too bad, I'll be talking about it with you whether you like it or not!!
« Last post by Agent D. on Yesterday at 03:41:35 PM »
Except I'll actually be playing those games...
Man I hate it when someone plays the same jrpg as me and we can talk shop about it.

« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 03:22:36 PM »
Except I'll actually be playing those games...
« Last post by Agent D. on Yesterday at 03:03:51 PM »
LOL, D!

I do miss the Discord, but work's been crazy so I had to step away from some of the more distracting distractions I had accumulated in my work routine.  The RPG Fan Discord was, BY FAR, the most distracting!  Ha ha!

I'll try popping my head back in someday soon, esp when DQXI and VC4 drop.
But you actually said you left when Octopath dropped to avoid spoilers. Wouldn't that logic apply to both of those games as well?
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 03:00:41 PM »
LOL, D!

I do miss the Discord, but work's been crazy so I had to step away from some of the more distracting distractions I had accumulated in my work routine.  The RPG Fan Discord was, BY FAR, the most distracting!  Ha ha!

I'll try popping my head back in someday soon, esp when DQXI and VC4 drop.
« Last post by Agent D. on Yesterday at 02:56:10 PM »
The Shenmue OST really is amazing.  I say that as someone who has never played Shenmue.
What REALLY bugs me about jrpgs is Arvis is STILL no back on discord to join in our legendary shenanigans. Hate when JRPGS do that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10