Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« Reply #810 on: August 25, 2013, 11:22:10 AM »
As much as it's not uncommon for an online game's launch to go badly, I *do* hope Square Enix finds something for pre-order folks to make up for the pretty much non-existent early access.

Hell, give me a $99.99/yr payment plan and I'll forgive them.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 11:23:57 AM by Klutz64 »

Parn

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 25, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »
Just think... Tuesday is official launch.  They can't even handle current capacity for preorders.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 25, 2013, 11:33:10 AM »
Launch connection problems are a ritual amongst MMOs, I just think its dumb I can't even register a preorder code- that just confuses me. Did they put preorders on the same servers as their instances or something?

Parn

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 25, 2013, 11:39:33 AM »
The problem is that their account management systems are linked to their forums, which are swamped due to ongoing launch woes.

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 25, 2013, 11:43:31 AM »
I can't get to the place to get marauder. Limsa Lominsa or whatever. The ferry is down. I also don't know how to get to the archer/Lancer place from here. I am enjoying Thaumaturge though!

Did they get rid of the map when I wasn't paying attention?

It is weird that we're on opposite sides of the same boat.  You want to get in, I want to get out to go get Lancer. :P

I don't understand the map. Sometimes I can hover over things on the map and see what it is. Sometimes I can't. There aren't really any well defined trails on the map and I can't see where I am supposed to go. Luckily I think I figured out how to get to the place where lancer/archer is located.
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Esper_Crusader

• I love you, Dr. Zaius
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 25, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »
I finally get a chance to sit down and play...and the damned servers are down. Should have expected it as it seems every major PC launch is a disaster nowadays: (  Sigh..I just hope I can play for a while today.
Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 25, 2013, 12:21:40 PM »
I'm starting to consider adding an alt to a JP server just for when I feel like playing and one batch is down and the other batch is up.

Haven

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 25, 2013, 12:24:01 PM »
 The game runs smooth as silk for me. I have enough around the house to do so the downtime is no big deal. I am very interested in seeing how real group content feels. I got the 10102 error after getting kicked trying to do my level 10 class quest. I understand that I need to finish that to unlock crafting. Really want to rock some crafting.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 25, 2013, 12:45:06 PM »
I don't understand the map. Sometimes I can hover over things on the map and see what it is. Sometimes I can't. There aren't really any well defined trails on the map and I can't see where I am supposed to go. Luckily I think I figured out how to get to the place where lancer/archer is located.

You have to be zoomed in to a certain level to hover over stuff.

I've tried to play this since yesterday and only got an hour in... Seriously, I like the game but they need to fix stuff or else I'm quitting.
Also, official launch will be Fukushima.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 12:46:55 PM by Annubis »

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 25, 2013, 01:55:19 PM »
A bunch of places are saying the NA servers are up but they aren't loading for me.
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Esper_Crusader

• I love you, Dr. Zaius
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 25, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
Me either.
Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky

Logick

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 25, 2013, 02:00:40 PM »
Having developer side experience with an online game going live.  Stuff fucking up, people trying to log in at the same time yeah i understand those issues.  But the constant shutting down of internal services like the duty servers and login servers, this is alarming.  This isn't going to be fixed at launch why do you say?  This is a problem that can't be solved by "having more servers", this is a problem with how they coded the server side, unless they can do an overnight miracle, its gonna be like this for around a week. 
Before you ask why the JP severs are still up, simple, they got a population the size of California, and much less of a online game culture than NA/EU/AS.  Knowing them they scaled the game for them :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:11:24 PM by Logick »
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X

Parn

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 25, 2013, 02:01:18 PM »
Don't worry, it's just a beta test.  They'll have it fixed before release.  Please be excited.

Datastorm

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 25, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »
Well I've gotten the guantlet of errors after this last maintenance , I was in the game just fine. Just couldn't zone anywhere. Then the last maintenance came up, now I can't get back in with a variation of log in errors...

EA is a big fail, huge, they are going to lose customer base because of this.
doh

Parn

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 25, 2013, 02:20:43 PM »
It's hard to say, really.  They clearly underestimated western interest.  The biggest problem is that they clearly need more servers and to spread the population a bit.  Unfortunately, people already have characters with progress and do not want to restart yet again.

They need to do a free world transfer service for the first month.