Single-Player RPGs / Re: Dragon Quest XI looks glorious
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on Yesterday at 02:21:10 PM »
Arvis...  You scare me sometimes.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ys IX
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on Yesterday at 02:06:17 PM »
I still need to beat Ys VII on PC.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Ranadiel on Yesterday at 06:31:23 AM »
I had no idea Digimon Story - Cyber Sleuth would end up as a sort of spiritual sequel to the .hack series. Went in expecting a fun romp with my long time favorite 'mons and a silly anime plot, came out with a game full of heart, decent-to-great characters and god-tier music. A little gem, despite the rough edges here and there. Dat ending.
You should give Hacker's Memory a try. It is a side story that takes place in the same world as CS, and has the same feel. Plus it has a few gameplay improvements.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on January 20, 2019, 07:24:53 AM »
Fates in 2018 had at least 1 character show up in every month with the exception of June. And considering that late January 18 was when we got our second(.5) round of SS characters (and the first of that game's many alts since), moar Fates is a definite step back (especially after the triple whammy of September's Newbie Fates, November's Alt Fates banners and December being a total skip). Nevermind the fact that with February looking as dire as it does, its throwing that assurance about FE10 and 6 attention into a whole new light (i.e. it wasn't assurance towards neglected games, but FEH's non-altinerary itinerary for the next 6 months). It wouldn't even be so bad if they weren't constantly spamming the same 11+1 (the +1 is Kagero) Fates (non-ruling) Royals every time, but even our upcoming bathhouse banner is theorized to sport Sakura in her second alt. You could call this game Fates;Alt/Royal by now.

And yeah, busted Prayer Wheel straight up makes Lazura a full powercreep over both Falcolivia and Dazura (and the Valkyrie Lance got left out in the cold). You don't even really need anything more complicated than WoM/Dance Buff for a long reaching Lazura buff machine. It'll be a long ass time before the game powercreeps back to her level. Also, I keep forgetting that they made Ward Fliers accessible with Shigure as I've only picked up like 2 copies of the guy (and I 'still' haven't pulled a Legault yet; I'm swimming in Silvias, Soleils, Tailtius and M!Morgans and their mediocre SI options though).

The only good thing about the Book 3 story so far is that Hel is copying SotN-Dracula-sama as hard as she can. Unfortunately, its probably going to take a Ryoma alt (or possibly Dadfonse) for someone to shout something even remotely close to "Die Monster!" or "You do not belong in this world!".

But yeah, with this FB, the Laguz have been the one bright spot in this game since September (especially since the gag-side manga got around to the below).

(Its stupid that its taking a gag-side manga to cover stuff like this. But at least the ball isn't getting dropped completely.)

Bathhouse edit: To noone's surprise, this turned out to be some weak ass shit. I don't know what's sadder, the fact that Hoshido still can't get a banner to itself, or that we're getting a free Camilla for once. And apparently Hinoka was the one sporting the hairtenna. As for this edition of powercreep, Air Orders is Fliers Armor March (although it doesn't look like it affects the skill's holder) and Grandscratcher is a nasty piece of work for teams armed with low charge Special cannons.

But nevermind that shit because, CYL3 EDIT: CYL3 has begun.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Hathen on January 20, 2019, 04:55:31 AM »
People say the LAzura buff won't matter that much but I think it does, especially for defense teams. A decent amount of people are wising up to not running any sort of visible buffs because Aversa will just completely shut you down (unless you set it up reliably so your units will Rally before dancing or can survive a hit or two so they can get danced and lose panic), so being able to run all your C-slots as spur skills and LAzura automatically giving +5 to every stat on top of the extra movement makes her insane (Flier Olivia was already scary, LAzura is just that but worse). Flier Emblem gets its revenge for having Hone Fliers barred because they have the easiest access to any Goad/Ward combination- Horse Emblem can only get Goad off 5* Reinhardt or dumping Grails for Finn (also Goads suck for horses), whereas Goad Armor only appears on Vanilla Hector or dumping Grails for LAEliwood (and we're certainly nowhere near the point where we can just casually dump Grails for experimenting with rarer skills). This is on top of all the crazy Spur-style weapons that Flier Emblem has access to, most notably Camilla's, who is obviously pretty easy to access. Both of Hinoka's weapons can do some tricks too, and of course the recently-added Triangle Attack can easily be a ORKO on whoever eats it. A well set up Flier Emblem team is very hard to approach, and if you send an archer in to try to take pot shots you'll obviously have trouble getting out of threat range thanks to the aforementioned LAzura's threat range.

The "weakness" is that LAzura can cause teammates to overextend out of Goad/Ward ranges but Flier Formation tends to prevent that happening. Still, enemy phase units might have better luck depending on the setup, and I guess it's usually not as bad as going up against Ophelia I guess (though most Flier Emblem teams will have Ophelia on it anyway).

Also story bad. Sure didn't see that one coming. To their credit the recent Forging Bonds actually barely featured any Summoner circlejerking and instead featured new Heroes having conversations with the Askrs (of varying quality), so it looks like they took that feedback to heart. Also its been nine days and The Fonse is still trucking, so if they were trying to really surprise us they're not doing too hot with the timing here.

More Fates honestly wouldn't bother me that much if they would just inject some variety here. They had, on average, 1 Fates banner a month or something for the past year and they're still missing like a third of the first gen characters and I think more than half the child characters. Though I guess Selkie is basically guaranteed this year. Anyway Anniversary is coming up soon, so CYL3 and possibly A Hero Rises 2 is around the corner, so we'll get that at least. I'm still pinching my orbs for now, tempted to pull for Nailah but there's still like a week left before the banner ends, and we might get to find out of A Hero Rises is coming back- DC alone almost made Hector win last year, and Nailah has both that and the shiny new Null C-Disrupt (though unfortunately you can only pick one). Unless the new Mythic coming out soon is going to completely shit all over everything I'd say she's a prime candidate.
« Last post by Rucks on January 19, 2019, 10:22:49 PM »
more Xenoblade.  I think I'm actually going to stick with it this time.  Though I'm sure I'll get impossibly bored by it before the end. 

I haven't seen anything yet that suggests it's actually open world though.
« Last post by Der Jermeister on January 19, 2019, 08:08:27 PM »
Beat God Eater Resurrection since my last post. The camera was still bad, but I actually figured out shields guarding against specific elements could make fights against giant Aragami more bearable, and in the end I had a positive opinion and would be willing to play its sequel.

I also finished Let's Go, Eevee!, and playing Pikachu! definitely prepared me for it, and I pretty much coasted through the game.

Picked Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions back up, and am playing through the main quest.

Started Ni no Kuni II, and damn, it's a pretty game.
« Last post by Draak on January 19, 2019, 07:04:44 PM »
I had no idea Digimon Story - Cyber Sleuth would end up as a sort of spiritual sequel to the .hack series. Went in expecting a fun romp with my long time favorite 'mons and a silly anime plot, came out with a game full of heart, decent-to-great characters and god-tier music. A little gem, despite the rough edges here and there. Dat ending.

Been playing copious amounts of Monster Hunter World too. Finally another good entry in the series after the lackluster 3DS games.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ys IX
« Last post by RpgMage on January 19, 2019, 09:35:01 AM »
I am anticipating this game. I am catching up rest of series first. All I have beaten I Ys Book I and II on Turbo and Ark of Niphitism. I purchased a Vita the other to help with this
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Trails/Kiseki Thread! Trails of Whateva
« Last post by Nel_Annette on January 18, 2019, 08:23:34 PM »
I do remember her leaving XSeed some months back. Reassuring to know that she's part of this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10