Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #840 on: October 13, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »
I feel like Finn would be a part of an FE5 banner first due to having a much more significant role in that game over FE4 (granted, he has a pretty solid role in Genealogy, but he's basically like your Fates' Felicia/Jakob in Thracia and gets tied pretty heavily in both the backstory and the main quest in rescuing Swordmaster Mom & Daughters). Plus, he got his sweet Heroes Lance to basically function as a Prf for that game (also FE5's Miracle Finn is a thing to behold).

Ayra meanwhile is pretty much going to live or die on whether or not she gets treated as a shitwrecker with some kind of custom Super Astra/gets a version of Nihil that's actually useful, or if she's basically a Hana/Lon'qu/Lloyd/Karel/Lyn/Fir/Athena/Navarre type with a Brave Sword+ as her 5 star weapon (i.e. frail unit who's lack of 2 range makes her easy to outrange and really hard to use without baiting/teleporting/dancing tactics and lacks that level of asskicking to justify the frailty or the lack of range-shadow due to Brave Sword being mediocre without Death Blow 3 and eats into her probably solid, if not overwhelming, Spd). Really, what I'd like to see from her is something like Nihil either be a B skill or a Special that specifically shuts down enemy Specials on defense or something/a Quick &| True Astra that's basically the same but quicker to charge in general/or a Pursuit A skill which would let her quad enemies if she has like +10 Spd over them (and works with that Attack Speed Seal).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 13, 2017, 09:35:29 PM »
I really hope Ayra is good since she is my favorite FE4 character. I remember thinking a while back that she could have a spd based version of Ike's Heavy Blade ability to make her an efficient Astra user, although she would probably need some other ability to be relevant. I feel like a Pursuit skill that gives her 4 attacks would probably be the most appropriate to her in game build (since we can't have dodge tanks), but I would not be opposed to some version of Nihil.

Random thought, when we eventually get to the FE4 Gen 1 Tempest Trial, I'm betting we'll get Arvis (so we can finally have our mage armor).

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 14, 2017, 12:27:13 AM »
I really hope Ayra is good since she is my favorite FE4 character. I remember thinking a while back that she could have a spd based version of Ike's Heavy Blade ability to make her an efficient Astra user, although she would probably need some other ability to be relevant. I feel like a Pursuit skill that gives her 4 attacks would probably be the most appropriate to her in game build (since we can't have dodge tanks), but I would not be opposed to some version of Nihil.

Random thought, when we eventually get to the FE4 Gen 1 Tempest Trial, I'm betting we'll get Arvis (so we can finally have our mage armor).

I'm betting that the rumors thus far are correct and that Arvis will be the GHeB reward (its been awhile since we've had a new one of these), in spite of the fact that Battle of Belhalla would be better as a T_T capstone stage versus a GHeB stage (Genoa would be the better GHeB, especially given the lack of buildup compared to The Battle of Belhalla Quookout which T_T seems to do better; goddamn if they got the track that plays during the Gen 1 Battle Records sequence for that stage, I'd take off Auto-Battle and put the Animations back on). Additionally, I kinda doubt they'd make Arvis a Mage Armor yet due to the fact that he isn't one until Gen 2 (which would make more sense for a potential GHeBtender).

Anyways, my speculation for stat distribution is that Sigrud is going to have 0 Res (well okay, maybe not ZERO Res, but probably even less than Bartre, Virion and Ogma have), which would be perfect given how non-existent his Res was in Genealogy (at level 30, he'd be expected to maybe have 1 or possibly 2 points of Res before the Barrier Ring and/or Tyfing.

Also, it occurs to me that the next T_T will probably have Eldigan as the fourth 1.4xer over Seliph because of course I don't have him (and would once again lock the 1.4x multiplier to those lucky enough to pull from the banner successfully or got that one Rare unit; plus it means that Julia, the T_T unit and Seliph and Lachesis would be the only available 1.2xes).

Also also, belated, but I too am surprised that Tailtiu was chosen over Quan, Lewyn, Lex, Azelle, Brigid, Ethlyn or Arden. Although, I suppose that Tailtiu being the third most popular Gen 1 Genealogy female helped a lot (losing to both Ayra and Lachesis who are both in at this point). Plus, she's kind of an odd maid out given that Quan, Ethlyn and a FE4 Finn could get their own Banner as could Lewyn, Erinys and Silvia. Also would like to see Lex, Azelle and Midir get a Banner as well just for the sake of bolstering some of the less well represented Heroes unit types like Axe Cavalry, Red Tome Cavalry and Bow Cavalry.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 14, 2017, 08:17:11 AM »

I'm betting that the rumors thus far are correct and that Arvis will be the GHeB reward (its been awhile since we've had a new one of these), in spite of the fact that Battle of Belhalla would be better as a T_T capstone stage versus a GHeB stage (Genoa would be the better GHeB, especially given the lack of buildup compared to The Battle of Belhalla Quookout which T_T seems to do better; goddamn if they got the track that plays during the Gen 1 Battle Records sequence for that stage, I'd take off Auto-Battle and put the Animations back on). Additionally, I kinda doubt they'd make Arvis a Mage Armor yet due to the fact that he isn't one until Gen 2 (which would make more sense for a potential GHeBtender).
So if this rumor is true, would that make Ayra the Tempest Trial reward then? I guess that is is consistent with some of the earlier Tempest Trials, but I kind of liked facing BK at the end of the last one and also having him as the reward. Although either way it feels weird to hide the most popular FE4 female behind limited time events. You would think they would try to nickle and dime the FE4 fans as much as they do everyone else.

Also I feel like they might give Arvis his Gen 2 class because I view it as his more icon class, it is a fairly unique class (I think FE4 and maybe FE5 are the only games with mage armors? and the others that I recall are less iconic enemies unlikely to get units for a LONG time), and I don't know if they would really want to make two versions of a villain from a single game when so far the only characters with multiple versions are because of seasonal events (or CYOL).

Also, it occurs to me that the next T_T will probably have Eldigan as the fourth 1.4xer over Seliph because of course I don't have him (and would once again lock the 1.4x multiplier to those lucky enough to pull from the banner successfully or got that one Rare unit; plus it means that Julia, the T_T unit and Seliph and Lachesis would be the only available 1.2xes).
If the Tempest Trial focuses on Gen 1, then yeah Eldigan would be more likely for 1.4xer over Seliph (with potentially a future Tempest Trial for Gen 2). Although I would not rule out the possibility of Lachesis as the fourth 1.4 multiplier since she is a Gen 1 character and is a party member unlike her brother.

Also also, belated, but I too am surprised that Tailtiu was chosen over Quan, Lewyn, Lex, Azelle, Brigid, Ethlyn or Arden. Although, I suppose that Tailtiu being the third most popular Gen 1 Genealogy female helped a lot (losing to both Ayra and Lachesis who are both in at this point). Plus, she's kind of an odd maid out given that Quan, Ethlyn and a FE4 Finn could get their own Banner as could Lewyn, Erinys and Silvia. Also would like to see Lex, Azelle and Midir get a Banner as well just for the sake of bolstering some of the less well represented Heroes unit types like Axe Cavalry, Red Tome Cavalry and Bow Cavalry.
I was going to question you including Arden in that list, but I just looked it up and he was third in CYOL poll...What? I am so confused by this. O.o

Also Claude should be included in the hypothetical Silvia banner...mostly because I want to see how they would handle a legendary staff.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 14, 2017, 11:38:12 AM »
I'm guessing Arden has a fanclub since he's something of a lovable loser of the cast (and he gives you free rings and stuff!). Or maybe he's a meme to Japanese players like Dorcas is for Americans, who knows.

Also you guys are looking at the potential 1.4x characters all wrong. You can't make it something that makes some kind of logical sense like parents+children or Gen 1/Gen2. It's going to be Sigurd, Dierdre, Eldigan and Julia following the drop for Tailtiu to 4*, because the important thing is to make sure they're all 5*-locked and screw all non-whales and luckscum.

And while I really hope Arvis is an armored mage just because of how unique it'd be, it is somewhat worth noting that there's no generic mage armors in the game, unlike how generic horse archers existed before Brave Lyn showed up.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 14, 2017, 02:30:47 PM »
So the final battle between good and Corrin continues and while its possible for GalCorn to win through a well timed pair of multipliers, but I doubt team Ninian are going to let their Flags run out by then and will pull an emergency spam to belay or force the timing off. I've begun spending Flags for this round (namely because I can't math properly when my dyslexia crops up; seriously? how the hell did I come up with 12 hours to burn all my 1510 Flags?, that'd take 6 hours at most (allowing for Ninian multipliers and such)); and have gone from unranked to about 2k rank, but I'm saving the other half until about 3 hours from the deadline because I can math again. At least I only fucked up within the final 12 hours rather than 42 hours to go like last time.

Either way, I really hope the devs finally decide to shut off the multiplier during the final 2 hours. While an unpredictable upset does make things more interesting, 2 hours would do a lot to avert bullshit wins that. I wouldn't even mind it being implemented here and now just to avert that last minute upset I described above (its pretty scummy to pull a win from that, as while I think the gap between Ninian and F!Corrin isn't as stark as people think it is, its still not something F!Corrin should triumph over; plus the GBA era deserves a win dammit).

I'm guessing Arden has a fanclub since he's something of a lovable loser of the cast (and he gives you free rings and stuff!). Or maybe he's a meme to Japanese players like Dorcas is for Americans, who knows.

Also you guys are looking at the potential 1.4x characters all wrong. You can't make it something that makes some kind of logical sense like parents+children or Gen 1/Gen2. It's going to be Sigurd, Dierdre, Eldigan and Julia following the drop for Tailtiu to 4*, because the important thing is to make sure they're all 5*-locked and screw all non-whales and luckscum.

And while I really hope Arvis is an armored mage just because of how unique it'd be, it is somewhat worth noting that there's no generic mage armors in the game, unlike how generic horse archers existed before Brave Lyn showed up.

Nah. I'm pretty sure the 1.4xified units will include Tailtiu because the next T_T will hit while the Genealogy banner is still up and running and will still be the only source for 3 of the 4 1.4x units, just like how Oscar is now obtainable from the general draw pool as an uncommon unit well after seeing any potential use from his T_T. Julia will be a 1.2x member just to fool players into thinking that they're ready and to make it so that your only multiplier units are a 5 star Rare, a pair of 4 star Uncommons, and the T_T Event unit (just like how Mist was a Rare exclusive despite only being 1.2x).

And while I would love to get Adult Arvis, especially to give Armors an actual ranged option, I still suspect that we're only getting Young Arvis first.

As for Arden, it feels like the older fanbase has a thing for lovable losers like him, Wrys, Dorcas, Lot and Marty (why yes, he was considered to be the third most popular male from Thracia behind Lief and Finn, and that's with his only claims to fame being the Build Bot and the man Dagdar loved; although if August had been an option, he would have probably left everyone but Finn in the dust). The fact that the poor guy gets a kickass ring just to dissuade him from attempting suicide (which is then immediately stripped from him to dispense to one of the people making him feel bad), is considered a stalwart bro towards Sigrud, and is somebody who could potentially shack up with hotties like Ayra and Lachesis (and not ruin the former's kids at least), does a hell of a lot for the guy I would figure.

So if this rumor is true, would that make Ayra the Tempest Trial reward then? I guess that is is consistent with some of the earlier Tempest Trials, but I kind of liked facing BK at the end of the last one and also having him as the reward. Although either way it feels weird to hide the most popular FE4 female behind limited time events. You would think they would try to nickle and dime the FE4 fans as much as they do everyone else.

Also I feel like they might give Arvis his Gen 2 class because I view it as his more icon class, it is a fairly unique class (I think FE4 and maybe FE5 are the only games with mage armors? and the others that I recall are less iconic enemies unlikely to get units for a LONG time), and I don't know if they would really want to make two versions of a villain from a single game when so far the only characters with multiple versions are because of seasonal events (or CYOL).

If the Tempest Trial focuses on Gen 1, then yeah Eldigan would be more likely for 1.4xer over Seliph (with potentially a future Tempest Trial for Gen 2). Although I would not rule out the possibility of Lachesis as the fourth 1.4 multiplier since she is a Gen 1 character and is a party member unlike her brother.

I was going to question you including Arden in that list, but I just looked it up and he was third in CYOL poll...What? I am so confused by this. O.o

Also Claude should be included in the hypothetical Silvia banner...mostly because I want to see how they would handle a legendary staff.

I guess we could see Claud getting shoved in with Lewyn, Erinys and Silvia since I feel that Lewyn and Silvia work much better together (you get them both at the same time and Lewyn had a bad habit of breaking script to pair up with her over Erinys; plus pairing those two up is a hell of a lot less creepy than pairing her up with Claud due to either being distant cousins or long lost siblings).

As for Lachesis being a 1.4xer, see my comments above. While she could easily work, it wouldn't be dickish enough to have an Uncommon unit be a 1.4x unit over a Rare unit. See also: Mist being a 1.2x unit in a T_T focused on battling the BK, an event which she actually got to participate in over Nephenee, Oscar, and Elincia in the base game.

As for why Ayra's getting Event unit treatment, it does give her a little more spotlight over Banner units, especially since she's still in the new story chapters anyways. Besides, the players who miss or fail to obtain her will have to wait for a Rerun (either a ReGHeB or a t_t) to get her then. Besides, she's got to compete with Lyn now for the top Swordwaifu slot and Lyn kinda has a massive advantage over her right now.

Edit: Nice way to make an Alpha Numeric post.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:53:32 PM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 14, 2017, 04:07:53 PM »
To be fair, the t_t made Eliwood a 1.4x despite him being a common. But maybe that's just a t_t thing...

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 14, 2017, 07:41:06 PM »
Its amazing how much Team Ninian is trying to keep Team Corrin from snatching Victory out from under them. Suddenly, my early Flag dumping was almost too good of an idea (if only I had suspected that such teams were capable of this level of coordination earlier, I'd jettisoned all of them instead of only half; but could you fault me for thinking otherwise after that debacle in regards to Lyn vs Camilla).

Final Tally Edit: Welp. In a surprising turn of events, the clear winners actually won their final match. Congrats to Team Ninian for not being the massive fuckups that Team Lyn had been by correctly using their stalling tactics to diminish Team Corrin's time to rebuild from that last multiplier deficit. Also, congrats to Team Corrin from not being the massive pushover Teams Gaius and Camilla had been in the previous two VGs.

That said, sucks that I didn't get that final 500 Feathers, and that my early flag burnings screwed me from a solid finishing score, but now that I'm used to the idea of a constant multiplier, I still don't get why anybody would merc for feathers from a losing team. Can't wait to see what fresh hell the devs will have in store for the next VG.

To be fair, the t_t made Eliwood a 1.4x despite him being a common. But maybe that's just a t_t thing...

Its more that the devs dicking F2P gamers over with the fact that they offered a really good unit last time and thus wanting to minimize their access to him. Prior to that, T_Ts have been more about following a theme from the source game and offering highly subpar units like Clive or Tobin instead of someone kickass like Bonkey Kong. The Blazing Blade one only offered a repeat Masked Marth who comes skillless anyways, so it too stuck to the theme in regards to running Lord units regardless of their rarity. Given that the upcoming Genealogy one involves either Ayra or Arvis as the reward character, its going to be bullshit no matter which way you slash and burn it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:30:50 AM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 15, 2017, 03:44:24 AM »
That was impressive. Ninian not only avenged Lyn, she also won despite not being a Smash or Awakening/Fates character.

T_T: My guess is that the Black Knight was one of those rare bones Intelligent Systems throws F2P players once in a blue moon, like Camus and Xander. There's no rhyme or reason to the bonus units other than newest first. Look at the first Echoes T_T, for instance, Boey and Mae were 1.4x characters despite this being an Alm versus Celica kind of thing.

Also, the real award of Die on the Battlefield was never that Masked Marth, it was all those easy to get orb you could feed into the the all-star banner that came with it.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 16, 2017, 07:07:36 AM »
That was impressive. Ninian not only avenged Lyn, she also won despite not being a Smash or Awakening/Fates character.

T_T: My guess is that the Black Knight was one of those rare bones Intelligent Systems throws F2P players once in a blue moon, like Camus and Xander. There's no rhyme or reason to the bonus units other than newest first. Look at the first Echoes T_T, for instance, Boey and Mae were 1.4x characters despite this being an Alm versus Celica kind of thing.

Also, the real award of Die on the Battlefield was never that Masked Marth, it was all those easy to get orb you could feed into the the all-star banner that came with it.

That and the second chance for Quicken Pulse for those who just were not able to cope with the original Tedium_Torture.

Anyways, data's been updated and apparently we're getting a sixth Genealogy character beyond the three detailed (Sigrud, Deirdre, Tailtiu), the one shown (Ayra), and the one assumed (Arvis), so who's the other guy? Yet to even post Edit: Nevermind, its just Arden to nobody's surprise (though this does begger the question; how the hell is he going to fit into all of this?).

Anyways, nothing too revelatory storywise, but Ayra did get some decent artwork (and lolArden is a fucking block; at least we've got ourselves another Red Armor, too bad competition in that slot is kinda stupidly fierce having to show up after the fucking Black Knight).

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 16, 2017, 08:04:48 AM »
Paging @Arvis, you're in the game now!

I love how Arden basically got meme'd into the game with very fitting art for him, and he even has his Pursuit Ring which gives him a unique niche even with Zephiel and BK competing for his slot. Ayra is a fucking monster and completely blows other speedy swords out of the water, even if she didn't have her unique speed-based special. Arvis is disappointingly not an armored mage as expected since he's his Gen 1 incarnation, but damn that's some really nice art and he basically has Renewal 4 if I'm not mistaken. With 3 units unaccounted for though, I wonder how the third will be distributed- or are we going to get a second Genealogy banner? Seems unlikely.

Whatever the case, I got more than 200 orbs so let's roll.

Off to a great start with 2 blues and 3 colorless. Oh well.

3* Shanna: Actually was running kinda low on desperation fodder so not too bad.

Oh boy, one red and a bunch of blue and colorless.

5* Sigurd: Holy crap, holy knight. My luck streak's not over I suppose, but it is somewhat tarnished a bit by the fact that this guy is -ATK +RES. Probably one of the weaker, if not weakest sets on him. -ATK is always a pain because its prone to leaving things alive to teleport around using Wings of Mercy. Guess I'll see though.

Guess I'll shoot for Deirdre and see if I might luck into a better Sigurd now. 1 Green and 3 Red.

4* Sheena: I have like 6 copies of her now I think, I'm actually wishing for Barsts now.
4* Ogma: Bad IVs so into the trash he goes.
4* Lilina: Hurray, new unit.
4* Roy: Cute. They showed up as a set. Unfortunately I'll sacrifice Roy shortly because I really need some TA3 action.

1 Green 1 Red.

4* Raven: He's a lot less appealing after you pull your first copy. Only good skill to pass around is Threaten Def 2.
3* Raigh: Oh boy, even fewer good skills to offer.

2 Green.
3* Cecilia: Bad IVs again. Blah.
5* Deirdre: Oh hi there. Apparently she's also a pair with that Sigurd I pulled because she is -ATK +RES as well. At least with her +RES is actually good though, and she comes with Quick Riposte so she'll eat Reinhardt for breakfast, all I need her to do really.
Pulled one of the blues too: 3* Odin. Eh.

Well, I got the two stars of the banner, albeit with suboptimal stats, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Think I'll try pulling some more dancers now since those are limited time.

3* Cecilia: Bad IVs- identical to the one I just pulled in fact. Hah.
3* Arthur: Quite fitting that you represent bad luck.
4* Gunter: Free Hone Cavalry, whee.
4* Niles: -HP +SPD. Would be kinda nice if he wasn't completely outclassed by like every other archer.
3* Stahl: Figured I'd take the 3-orb cost. Would be nice to get a Hinata again.

4* Bartre: MUSCLE UP
3* Cecilia: Bad IVs again. She really doesn't want to come to me with good stats.
4* Catria: At least she wasn't 5* I guess.
3* Est: Free feathers!
3* Felicia: Wrong pretty face. Would like a Klein now.

4* Raven: At this point I think I'd prefer pulling your lover or your sister (hopefully as two separate people).
5* Inigo: There's the pretty man I'm looking for. +SPD -DEF which is pretty nice, though I don't know if that'll hurt his ability to beat Lyn if I pass a Raventome to him. Guess I'll have to see.
4* Hawkeye: He's a terrible unit, but he's new so that's nice. Also he has Threaten ATK 3 which might come in handy eventually.
3* Arthur: Should give HP+ to Arden when he shows up, he has like 60 base HP or something crazy like that I think.
4* Olivia: Dunno if I should merge my 4* Olivia or pass out Hone Atk, but Corrin F gives that too so I'll probably merge.

Guess I'll snipe Blue and Colorless now.
4* Nowi: I'll take the Threaten RES over the jail sentence.
4* Shanna: Whee, more desperation.
3* Shanna: Uh...cool, even more desperation?

4* Lilina: Bad board, but I got a totally useful backup Lilina I guess?

3* Subaki: Perfectly inopportune timing.
3* Azama: Not +DEF, pass.
4* Priscilla: Balancing out those Ravens huh? Too bad you're -SPD. Maybe one of the other healers will appreciate Rehabilitate though.

3* Odin: I have lots of feathers so I guess I can afford promoting all these 3* Odins I'm getting.
4* Sakura: One more step towards matching that one guy who uses a 4-Sakura team!
3* Matthew: Hone Speed is nice I guess.

4* Donnel: Useless skills, so I guess merging's the only option.
3* Azama: Come on Azama, just show up as +DEF once.
4* Matthew: At least he showed up as 4* this time.

4* Gwendolyn: Hm, +ATK -SPD. Dunno if that's worth keeping around because I don't know how people build Wendy.
4* Maria: I know she's Green, but next time just make your sister magically show up instead.
3* Saizo: -DEF is the opposite of what he wants, but I guess Poison Strike might be kinda nice at some point.
3* Setsuna: Bowbreaker is nice since I'm guessing Sigurd will only make the Lynhardt Death Squad combo even more common.

4* Catria: Who even uses Luna anymore?
5* Faye: Really would've preferred a different pity breaker, and +HP -ATK doesn't help much. Although she does open the option of me getting to be a really annoying asshole if I promote a Mathilda and create the ever-annoying Firesweep CA Bow Lyn for my defense team.
3* Lon'qu: Hm, -HP +SPD, in case I ever want to make an absurdly fast unit for the luls.
3* Henry: Well, his skills are kinda nice, I just need another red mage that can actually use them worth a damn.
3* Hana: You're cute and all, but these are like the worst pity break rolls ever.

Ended with a disappointing pity breaker, but I think I got pretty lucky here, -ATK IVs not withstanding.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:55:43 AM by Hathen »

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 16, 2017, 10:04:13 AM »
I'm in!
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 16, 2017, 04:38:11 PM »
And you're looking great!

I haven't had any luck with pulls, but I did manage to finally beat the two toughest chain challenges. Ended up promoting Eirika to 5* and giving her Rally Def/Res to give Blarblade Linde enough fire power to deal with certain units. So now I have a 5* Eirika and she and Linde are totally in love.

Also completed the new maps and quests, so the game is a little low on content for me now. Until the next big thing, I'll alternate between hard mode chain challenges (yay, feathers!) and trainign characters using the Warriors maps. Man, I'm going to miss those maps when they're gone...

How to train your dance-less dancer:

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 16, 2017, 05:16:19 PM »
So I managed to pull all three of the new characters. I ended up with:
Sigurd: +Spd, -Res, Normally this would be acceptable, but I'm not sure if that works with his anti-mage role
Deirdre: +HP, -Res, Really? On a Res tank?
Tailtiu: Neutral

Ayra is a fucking monster and completely blows other speedy swords out of the water, even if she didn't have her unique speed-based special. Arvis is disappointingly not an armored mage as expected since he's his Gen 1 incarnation, but damn that's some really nice art and he basically has Renewal 4 if I'm not mistaken.
Oh Ayra stats came out? Fun let's see what she got. A unique weapon that gives her a speed based Heavy Blade...not exactly what I predicted but close enough. And a unique version of Astra (that will probably be shared with Shannon and her kids whenever they get in). I am glad that they did justice to the Sword Goddess. I'm now curious as to what Balmung will do since it going to have to match Ayra's Blade to prove its worth.

And I think Arvis is something of a combination of his Gen 1 and Gen 2 incarnations as his title is "Emperor of Flame" and he doesn't become emperor till Gen 2 (well the time skip). I strongly suspect we are never going to get armored Arvis :(

No real thoughts on Arden.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 16, 2017, 11:14:38 PM »
So I managed to pull all three of the new characters. I ended up with:
Sigurd: +Spd, -Res, Normally this would be acceptable, but I'm not sure if that works with his anti-mage role
Deirdre: +HP, -Res, Really? On a Res tank?
Tailtiu: Neutral

Ayra is a fucking monster and completely blows other speedy swords out of the water, even if she didn't have her unique speed-based special. Arvis is disappointingly not an armored mage as expected since he's his Gen 1 incarnation, but damn that's some really nice art and he basically has Renewal 4 if I'm not mistaken.
Oh Ayra stats came out? Fun let's see what she got. A unique weapon that gives her a speed based Heavy Blade...not exactly what I predicted but close enough. And a unique version of Astra (that will probably be shared with Shannon and her kids whenever they get in). I am glad that they did justice to the Sword Goddess. I'm now curious as to what Balmung will do since it going to have to match Ayra's Blade to prove its worth.

And I think Arvis is something of a combination of his Gen 1 and Gen 2 incarnations as his title is "Emperor of Flame" and he doesn't become emperor till Gen 2 (well the time skip). I strongly suspect we are never going to get armored Arvis :(

No real thoughts on Arden.

She does start with an Iron Blade, and probably ends with a Silver Blade or something since her Hero Sword becomes rather redundant to her once she promotes (since Brave weapons in FE4 ran off the Adept skill rather than just providing a 2x per hit bonus, it would've been insane if it had done that though because skill activations don't stack in FE4, which is why sticking Luna onto her children is redundant since it also doesn't stack with Astra, Adept or Critical whereas Pursuit Follow-up is passive and doesn't affect activation skills, which is the other, far lesser, reason why everybody wanted it).

I'm also not surprised that her Astra is far more powerful than vanilla Astra because in the Jugdral games Astra's damage calculation factored each hit at full strength, rather than the current version's half strength per hit (and really, Swordmasters in general were fucking insane in FE4, with the best physical offense caps out of any playable class in the game (27 Str, 30 Skl and Spd), both Pursuit Follow-up and Adept baked into it, and Swords were just that good in that game (especially with Sigrud's Silver Sword and Ayra's Hero Sword floating around; among others)).

I still somehow suspect that her stats aren't quite as amazing as her Paralogue 13-3 Lunatic appearance makes her look like (although I'm still impressed that she can nearly straight up wreck a fully Horse Emblem buffed 5 star Level 40 Camus and survive). Fake Edit: Apparently the devs straight up gave her +10 BST over comparable units, which is ridiculous in both a favoritism and powercreep sort of way (especially since they may have to do it again with the Wonder Twins).

On the upside, it sounds like Arden will be the T_T reward instead of Ayra (which makes sense given her FE4 recruitment feels far more like a GHeB set up), which should hopefully mean that the devs won't be quite so dickish about 1.4x multiplier units. Bonus points if the final T_T stage is Battle of Belhalla instead of Arvis' GHeB.

As for Arvis, it also sounds like they've also given him Atk & Res Ploy 2.5, which is kinda disappointing considering that Valflame is the single highest Mt weapon in the main series. Maybe his Gen 2 Armor Mage variant will have the Sigrud roasting Light of Judgement Tome. At least with Renewal 4, he'll be a great combat medic.

As for Arden in particular:

And as for my pulls, it should come to no one's surprise that I haven't anything to show for it (not that I have the orbs to go on any mass pullings, I'm still reeling from my peculiar luck in the PoR banner and dire luck from CYL and Nohrian Scummer banners). At least I'm basically done with Quests and Event battles between now and the next GHeB (only the Mounted Emblem Tenth Tier quest and daily crap are left and the former will get done with the month).

Upcoming GHeB Edit: You know, I had assumed that we would've gotten a GHeB for Ayra before a GHeB for Arvis. Alternatively, the other theory that both Ayra and Arden are T_T rewards sounds a bit more credible since offering Seals is a bit more redundant now thanks to La Forge.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:17:40 AM by Aeolus »