Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Game Journals / Re: Retro Encounter Podcast Thread
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 09:19:14 AM »
Well... yet another game to cram into the middle of my sparse playing schedule.  SWEET!
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Dincrest on Today at 07:36:32 AM »
Lately, I've been pretty unmotivated to read even though Lord of the Rings is really good.  I'm about 2 chapters into The Two Towers. 

However, I did recently read Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets, which was the goofy palate cleanser book my brain truly needed.  I was bulk-buying at a price club last weekend and some kids and parents from a local soccer team were seeking donations.  Since I like soccer and community initiatives I donated a few bucks.  As thanks for my donation, I was offered a free book from their table.  As I scanned the table I saw Captain Underpants and exclaimed, "I'm going with Captain Underpants."  This got universal smiles and even cheers all around from the kids and the parents, which definitely amused me. 

It was definitely a fun book... but my favorite is still Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants.  Under the Professor Poopypants regime, my name would be Zippy Gigglechunks. 

https://i.imgur.com/UX39AAE.jpg
Game Journals / Re: Retro Encounter Podcast Thread
« Last post by Monsoon on Today at 01:14:19 AM »
Breath of Fire IV won the poll, and will have two episodes on the podcast later this year. Thanks everyone for listening and voting!
Multiplayer RPGs / Re: Guild Wars 2 (Path of Fire comes out 9/22)
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Today at 12:56:39 AM »
Second expansion, first was something of Thorns or whatever. It's a fantastic game if you like freedom and variety of content, but the combat can be a bit tough at times, very action-oriented.

You're speaking my language. I'll have to give it a look, then.
General Discussions / Re: Youtube
« Last post by Kevadu on Today at 12:24:44 AM »
This is amazing and I can't believe I've never seen it before (it's not exactly new).
« Last post by Klutz64 on Yesterday at 10:43:33 PM »
Second expansion, first was something of Thorns or whatever. It's a fantastic game if you like freedom and variety of content, but the combat can be a bit tough at times, very action-oriented.
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Yesterday at 09:20:18 PM »
Yeah Guild Wars 2 is easily my favorite MMO.  I love FF14 but man sometimes it lacks in the content department.  Def playing a  lot of PoF when it releases next Friday.

Yeah, FF14 was a blast, but I'm no longer a subscriber, and I'll probably hold off until a the next expansion or two. Never tried Guild Wars (first or second), is Path of Fire the first expansion?
Multiplayer RPGs / Re: Heroes of the Storm Thread
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Yesterday at 09:18:16 PM »
Actually gave this game another shot recently, and found some characters I like. It's mostly been smooth sailing now, though I'm mostly sticking to co-op vs. AI for now.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ys VIII
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on Yesterday at 09:02:09 PM »
I am still plugging away at this game.  The combat itself is a blast.  I've played one interception mission and to be honest, I'm not sure if it will be a source of fun or frustration.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Artimicia on Yesterday at 07:41:33 PM »
Hm, so Canada has crown corporations, those sound like a lot more fun than actual corporations...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_corporations_of_Canada

Also amused to find that the Royal Mint of Canada is filthy rich.. surprise surprise lol..

Oh, Royal Canadian Mint... off slightly.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10