Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Rucks and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #19680 on: September 13, 2017, 10:00:25 AM »
Hurricane. No power. Limited diet. Cold showers. Haven't shaved in 6 days.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19681 on: September 13, 2017, 11:46:18 AM »
I'm sorry you've got it a bit rough now, Arvis... I'm glad it wasn't any worse for you. I've read some people can expect weeks before power is restored. Think you might get it back sooner?

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #19682 on: September 13, 2017, 12:07:00 PM »
Hurricane. No power. Limited diet. Cold showers. Haven't shaved in 6 days.

Embrace the beard.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19683 on: September 13, 2017, 12:07:58 PM »
Thanks, bro.

I really doubt I'll be getting power any time soon!  But friends a couple blocks from me got power back in less than 24 hours.  My parents in the middle of nowhere got power back yesterday.  My house, right on a main thoroughfare in the town and on the same grid as a major apartment complex, still has no power.  And if Matthew last year was any indication, I'll be one of the last to get power.

What I failed to mention was that I had no major damage done to my house and nobody was injured.  Everything's fine!  And will be MORE fine once I get this irritating beard off my face ( @Annubis ).  :P
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19684 on: September 13, 2017, 12:19:56 PM »
As a wearer of a full and long beard, I fully support the existence of yours, Arvis. Think of it as a beautiful birth out of a potential tragedy. Do like Annubis says, and embrace it. Your perceived manliness will thank you.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19685 on: September 13, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »
I had a cyst on my back. I've never been more grossed out by my own body.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19686 on: September 13, 2017, 12:52:59 PM »
^ My brother in law, with his tin foil hat lifestyle, avoided seeing a doctor for a nasty cyst on his back for a long time. It eventually grew to a near-ping pong ball size, and he finally gave in and had it lanced. He had his sister record a video of the lancing, and they asked me to make a DVD out of it. No joke. As much as they prodded me, I never actually watched it, because I can't stomach that kind of thing at all. Damn disgusting. I am rather proud of the title I came up with for it, however: "Sebaceous Maximus".

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19687 on: September 13, 2017, 01:00:30 PM »
I just went to the doctor. I squeezed it once, it came back and I was like "oh shit i'm dying". I go to the doctor and he tells me it's just a harmless cyst and it's really common.

Still, what the hell body.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19688 on: September 13, 2017, 02:24:27 PM »
Think I have one on the upper inside area of my thigh. It's pretty ugly, looks like a nailess thumb growing out of my leg. I "attempted" to pop it once, but it just leaked for 20 minutes. Currently it just looks like a big zit.

TASTY!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19689 on: September 13, 2017, 02:34:46 PM »
I had a cyst on my back. I've never been more grossed out by my own body.

there is never an inappropriate time to blurt out the word ganglion

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "glad I don't have the bloops"

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #19690 on: September 13, 2017, 05:54:26 PM »
^ My brother in law, with his tin foil hat lifestyle, avoided seeing a doctor for a nasty cyst on his back for a long time. It eventually grew to a near-ping pong ball size, and he finally gave in and had it lanced. He had his sister record a video of the lancing, and they asked me to make a DVD out of it. No joke. As much as they prodded me, I never actually watched it, because I can't stomach that kind of thing at all. Damn disgusting. I am rather proud of the title I came up with for it, however: "Sebaceous Maximus".

I've never had much of a problem with that stuff. Probably all thanks to my mom, who had the weird habit of watching those medical shows with actual surgeries before or even during dinner, and we were one of those families that ate in front of the TV, and thus basically all watched. It was like "Yep, that's a beating heart, could someone pass the gravy?"

That said, I do get nauseous when I see people or animals suffering. One of my rabbits once had a cyst somewhere in her belly and they had to drain it with this big syringe. I was this || close to bursting out in tears.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19691 on: September 14, 2017, 08:58:54 AM »
Ahhhh... my face is silky smooth once again.  :P

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19692 on: September 14, 2017, 10:08:34 AM »
^ Feels good to be back to back to man-boyhood, eh?

I've never had much of a problem with that stuff. Probably all thanks to my mom, who had the weird habit of watching those medical shows with actual surgeries before or even during dinner, and we were one of those families that ate in front of the TV, and thus basically all watched. It was like "Yep, that's a beating heart, could someone pass the gravy?"

That said, I do get nauseous when I see people or animals suffering. One of my rabbits once had a cyst somewhere in her belly and they had to drain it with this big syringe. I was this || close to bursting out in tears.

I feel you on that. Suffering of any kind, I cannot handle. I can't watch those surgery shows, though. I saw one once where they were restructuring a woman's face, and I thought I was going to pass out. Yikes.

It's weird how one thing can trigger a negative reaction, but something with a small difference may have no effect whatsoever. Like, blood itself I can handle, no problem. If any kind of pus or whatever is present, I'll need a barf bag.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19693 on: September 14, 2017, 10:33:36 AM »
What can I say?  I enjoy getting kisses.  Plus my beard hair really irritates my skin.

I've never been nauseous from surgery videos or anything, but I do get generally grossed out easily.  I will say that I was looking for pictures of dump trucks for work once, years ago, and Google didn't filter out "bestgore.net" in one of the images.  I closed my browser, got up from my desk, went outside, and cried.

So there's that.  That picture has never left me.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19694 on: September 14, 2017, 10:44:10 AM »
I can only imagine what you saw, based on the term/phrase. Glad I never have.

What can I say?  I enjoy getting kisses.

A valid point, indeed. Still, I could never get rid of mine. My wife loves it, anyway. It has survived the whole hipster-beard and Duck Dynasty phases of 'Murica. The latter was annoying. Never even saw the show (why anyone would actually want to is beyond me), but everybody kept trying to tell me I was influenced by it, even though I've had the beard well before that was even a thing. People are dumb.