Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 07:34:23 PM »
Today, I obtained a Switch and purchased a PS4. If I had sprung for it, I could've easily completed the set with an XBones. Need to recover from Turkey poisoning (in that I ate Turkey and don't have much left in the tank), but I've got BotW (Switch Edition), FEW, (upcoming XBC2 in like a week), Ys VIII, God Wars, and AssCreed BF to pick from.

But first, Mario & Luigi 5: Got the spin move, which means I can finally start farming Beans, ergo, I must be getting close to the end of the game (got like 15 hours on the clock and am level 19). This is sadly not the best M&L game, although the music is very nice (Mt. Burrmomise in particular has a very chill sound to it, while the Forest of Illusion had a remix to LotSS's forest theme sound to it). Most annoying thing is that enemy levels don't scale and that means that trying to go back for the Dodge Expert Challenges sucks since you have to burn 2 full rotations per Paper Spiney or Sandmiraagh turn, and there's no Pass Turn/Defend option for whatever reason (I'm forced to use Bros./Trio Attacks to waste turns and the Kite one takes forever to resolve).
The Soundroom / Re: Favorite Albums of 2017
« Last post by Dincrest on Today at 07:00:59 PM »
Oh.  (I have no idea who Kendrick Lamar is, so that's all I can say.  I live under a rock and mostly listen to obscure metal and punk.)
« Last post by Electricb7 on Today at 02:16:09 PM »
DAMN

Is that a reaction to the album I linked to, the fact that we found so much killer music this year, something else, or all of the above? 

For me, It's definitely a "whoa!" that I found so much amazing music this year.  Maybe because music re-entered my life in a poignant way, I'm in the mindset where I'm more attuned to finding what's out there.

DAMN is Kendrick Lamars extremely overrated album.
« Last post by Dincrest on Today at 06:50:59 AM »
DAMN

Is that a reaction to the album I linked to, the fact that we found so much killer music this year, something else, or all of the above? 

For me, It's definitely a "whoa!" that I found so much amazing music this year.  Maybe because music re-entered my life in a poignant way, I'm in the mindset where I'm more attuned to finding what's out there. 
« Last post by Monsoon on Yesterday at 11:07:05 PM »
DAMN
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 07:41:37 PM »
So far...

5) Darkest Hour- "Godless Prophets & The Migrant Flora"

4) Efe Tozan- "The Last Birdling soundtrack" (The Last Birdling was a VN I reviewed for the site and gave an Editor's Choice to.)

3) DragonForce- "Reaching Into Infinity"

2) Burial Mound- "Relics of a New Age"

1) Sons of Apollo- "Psychotic Symphony"

With the exception of The Last Birdling, I've spoken at length about them in the Song of the Moment thread.

As I mentioned in the Song of the Moment thread, it looks like I have another album to put on my ever-growing list.  "Qualia" by Analyzed Consequences.  I just discovered this band today.  They're from Bangalore, India (I have family from there) and they're an instrumental prog-metal band.  I love how the music so effortlessly incorporates ragas from Indian classical music.  I always felt that Indian classical music lends itself really well to metal.  "Colour" and "Nerves" are probably my two favorite songs on this EP, though all of them are good. 

https://analyzedconsequences.bandcamp.com/
That i built the sky song was pretty darn cool.  Speaking of instrumental prog metal, I just discovered this band today.  They're called Analyzed Consequences and they're from India (specifically Bangalore.  I have a lot of family from there.)  I might have to put the Qualia EP among my picks for favorite album of 2017, it's so good.  I love how the music so effortlessly incorporates ragas from Indian classical music.  I always felt that Indian classical music lends itself really well to metal.  "Colour" and "Nerves" are probably my two favorite songs on this EP, though all of them are good. 

https://analyzedconsequences.bandcamp.com/

EDIT: My other song of the moment is "Little Birdie" by Vince Guaraldi.  It's my song of the moment because I must have seen Charlie Brown Thanksgiving 3 or 4 times this week.  I can never get enough Charlie Brown and Thanksgiving is perhaps my favorite Peanuts holiday special.  And that song is so good and happily stuck in my head.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om9DIDru7pI
« Last post by Der Jermeister on Yesterday at 07:24:45 PM »
I got close to the end of Metroid: Samus Returns and Tokyo Xanadu on my vacation, but fell a tad short of beating them. Samus Returns sort of gives too many regular missile upgrades, since I never ran out of them, and sometimes too few energy upgrades, but the difficulty is manageable if you track enemy patterns. I've been having a blast with Tokyo Xanadu, but don't care much for the story.
« Last post by mecharobot on Yesterday at 05:50:13 PM »
Now that I'm finally the proud(?) owner of FF XIII platinum, I thought that what better way to celebrate it than playing FF XIII-2?

Just played the prologue. Did an epic summon battle, a QTE fight against the final boss and rescued what seems to be a keyblade master. Then I killed some bugs and dogs on a beach.

I seem to feel this weird jankiness in the game. Not sure if it's my imagination, but when I play a SE game that heavily reuses assets, I get this feeling that it just plays different from what it is supposed to outside the battle. The battles seem a bit slow too, but then again I was just  defeating the strongest enemies with max'd characters in XIII so that might have something to do with it.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 04:54:04 PM »
No idea why @Tomara 's post made me want to give her a reassuring hug.  Maybe going through a bunch of old college emails this week has made me sentimental.

MORE sentimental than normal, that is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10