Author Topic: Mega Man X Collections 1 & 2

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Mega Man X Collections 1 & 2
« on: April 13, 2018, 06:23:12 AM »
https://gematsu.com/2018/04/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-1-and-2-launch-july-24-in-north-america-and-europe

Well, at least they're cheap, and only $20 zenny for three really good SuperNES/PS1 era action platformers (and another $20 to remind yourself why Capcom's glory days are long gone; or to find out why if you were born after 2006).

(I'm making a separate thread for this because I don't want to bury the lead on Bulletwitch's revival necroing, plus having a platform to PYF MMX memories/opinions/hot takes at this juncture might not hurt too badly.)

I'll start with this to kick things off:

C-c-combo Breaker! (Also, could've used a third row to show off the Gaia, Shadow and Ultimate Armors and either unarmored X or Alia for the lulz.)
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Man X Collections 1 & 2
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 09:51:58 AM »
Where the heck is my Zero promo artwork?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 07:34:11 PM »
Where the heck is my Zero promo artwork?

If you had bothered to look, you could've found this and more (also, Zero only had two designs during the X series).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 05:42:16 AM »
The two discs for the physical release makes no fucking sense.  These games are tiny by modern standards.  Both collections should be able to fit on one disc.  It's a criminal waste of our limited resources to manufacture two discs for a collection that would be package together as one product.  Whoever the fuck is that signed off on this decision should be fired.

On that note, I think it's neat that the games are coming out for a new generation to enjoy. 

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 06:09:00 AM »
Yeah, gotta agree with that. The oldest Classic collection had what, the first 8 games on it, plus both the fighting games as unlockables? Though I guess the more recent Legacy Collections only had half that each so they're continuing with that model I guess. That's Capcom for you. At least it has that weird Boss Challenge mode though. I'm looking forward to seeing people trying to fight Infinity Mijinion and Rainy Turtloid at the same time or whatever.

I do wonder if gauging interest in the X series is part of the goal here. We did get Megaman 11 not that long after the releases of those two Legacy Collections. Hm.

Also that image really reminds me how much I didn't like the X8 artist. His character art is okay, but I really prefer the harder edges to X's armor from X-X7 (especially X4 onwards) compared to the "softer" art style the X8 guy did.