Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1080 on: Yesterday at 06:53:00 AM »
I've been playing around with Alfonse with Brashperation ever since I upgraded the seal, and it's nice to have him at least pull his weight as well as Sharena or Anna when he comes up in Arena, instead of just being a score stick. The only annoying thing is like how with so many other seals, there's like 5 other common units who have it as their only viable build and only one of them can use it at once.

And yeah, Corrin is probably the weakest of the New Years units. He's basically just a +DEF Leon with a crappier bow. I might just eat that 4* copy of him for that shiny Spur DEF/RES though, it'd probably fit in nicely on the Mae/Boey tag team I'm thinking of making.

I really don't care about optimum builds that much since I don't whale for that kind of nonsense (or at all for that matter). Besides, the real reason is to have another Dragon to throw at those fucking AA Bowlins because two isn't enough.

Oh yeah, I hear you on that. Lucky enough to have one BIke here and I'm not going to sacrifice him. The annoying thing is that so many of the tanky builds people come up with basically require Steady Breath to work properly. But apparently Adult Tiki's statline is basically right on that line to make her a perfect Ballin' counter if that's all you want her to do. If you go -HP +ATK all you'll need is DEF+ Lightning Breath, DEF+3 from Stahl and QR1 to make her survive and kill basically any Lyn. I plugged in the numbers and apparently it still works on a Honed +10 BLyn as long as she's not +ATK, and that's assuming Tiki's getting no buffs of her own. Guess I should upgrade her and Fae and make my own Dragon Emblem.

EDIT: Also apparently Quick Riposte stacks with itself, meaning Hector can run Wary Fighter with the seal and have essentially everything-breaker if you try to attack him. That'll be fun.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:14:37 AM by Hathen »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: Yesterday at 07:18:20 AM »
Got my 5 star NYCorrin and he wants all of Leons skills and he wants them badly. Seriously, it's as if he was designed to clear out a Leon or two from your barracks. Dunno if I want to go that far. I like Leon better than Corrin.

Edit: just got my QR seal. I'm way ahead of schedule. I love this t_t so much. Also, I realised NYTakumi is great counter for boss Takumi. That is... sort of depressing? I mean, imagine there's this other you and he's more awesome than you who spend countless hours perfecting your skills, because he throws food at people really well. That's just... wrong.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:30:51 PM by Tomara »

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: Today at 12:28:07 AM »
Guess my +Atk Tiki gets to dine on a Tiki Sandwich followed by a promotion then.

Also, lolololol wrt QR5 (I wonder what QR8 looks like on Hector; guess there's only one way to find out ). Thank god actual Breaker skills still have priority over QR (in fact, this might have just made my Eliwood even more valuable).

And yeah, New York Corrin doesn't really bring anything new to the table, but this really isn't any surprise (its been more odd to have units like not-Zelgius, Arden and Joshua join the party due to them bringing things to the table). I'm going to either promote then feed the 5 star one to him or just take the one I'm using now and feed to the incoming 5 star version, but I'm not letting him eat a 5 star Leon to make him into Leon-lite (especially since I already have a 5 star Leon, and a good one at that).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: Today at 03:04:01 AM »
I also got my shiny QR seal and immediately upgraded it. Honestly as nice as it is to have it I doubt Subaki will lose much value as QR fodder, too many units benefit from QR for constantly shifting the seal around to be a viable option (even putting aside general laziness and hating needing to micromanage seals all the time). Just amongst the 5*s I have I think like 10 units who would make good use of the skill, and probably at least half of them would make good use of the lower HP threshold on QR3.

For now I'll probably stick it on New Year Corn to make him useful through the Tempest. If I ever bother building him I'll probably make him into a Bonfire/Ignis tank like Leon is intended to be, but since the Leon I have ate a Klein it's not like it'd be redundant for me.

Also interesting new banner. I hope in the future they refine the idea and instead make a banner without 5*s and only 4* focuses, but at a cheaper orb cost. Nevertheless I dropped 15 orbs into it and came out with 4* Frederick, 4* Reinhardt (-ATK of course), 3* Wrys, 3* Subaki, and a surprise 5* Laslow. A random 5* is nice even though he sucks, but I got the few Focus units I didn't really want. Would've liked Roy/Hinata/Abel/Barst/Fae/Klein for their skills, or Oscar because I still haven't pulled him once.

Honestly I don't even know why Laslow and Rebecca are even on this banner. Silver Weapons suck, nobody cares about Axebreaker and Darting Blow is one of those skills you only use if you nothing else but a flood of Florinas.

Oh well, I might drop more orbs on this banner if whatever comes on the anniversary is uninteresting (though I doubt they won't go crazy and give us OP Brave versions of Marth and Hector or something).