Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Reply #8205 on: November 30, 2018, 02:34:02 PM »
Octopath Traveler

Primrose got Giant Boar'd.  She'll need to recuperate on the sidelines for a bit.  That means H'aanit stays in the lineup for a while longer.

Still not to Borderfall yet!  Just did a couple sidequests.  This is how slowly I have to play games.  Grr.

Still, doing the sidequests led to me a nice moment where the game told me "You Summoned Lost Grandfather".  Never thought I would do that.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: December 10, 2018, 05:24:48 PM »
Finally beat Torchlight 2.  It's a fantastic game.  But also highlighted every issue I have with playing a hack n slash with a mouse and keyboard.  Since you left click to both move and attack, time and time and time again when the screen was filled with enemies, I would be trying to fall back to a safer position and would instead just stand there like an idiot firing my pistols (because there was hardly any space to click on anything but monsters) and getting torn to shreds.  Other times, I would click on a monster to attack and instead my poor, sweet dullard of an outlander would start running headlong into danger without letting off a single shot.  At least give me wasd or something... it was infuriating,  and would never be an issue with a controller.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:28:07 PM by Rucks »

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: December 11, 2018, 10:30:26 AM »
Octopath Traveler

I got all 8 Travelers!  Current party is: Alf, Oph, Therion, and Olby.  I even got the Merchant and Warrior sub jobs, and that's been a blast.  Gave Merchant to Olberic because it seemed like it would help him with Challenges.  Gave Warrior to Alf and have kinda made him more of a support/tank than the physical attacker he has mostly been.  Olberic is obviously still better suited to tanking with his special Defend ability, but Alf still makes a good one with Hale & Hearty and Cover equipped (his resistance to ailments help a bit here too).

Also did Alf's second chapter, which was really good.  I am loving each story vignette.  They're really well crafted and interesting, and the number of diverse locations and towns makes me very happy.
Also really enjoyed what limited party interactions there have been.  So far I've only seen 3 with Alf and the other 3 party members I'm using, and they ranged from "mostly generic" (with Olby) to "legitimately hilarious and charming" (with Ophilia).

What a fantastic game.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons