Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn

Greganox

• View Profile
Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Reply #8130 on: September 16, 2018, 04:44:23 PM »
I'm also replaying Shining Force the Sword of Hajya on my 3DS. Recently recruited Higgins.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: September 16, 2018, 08:33:50 PM »
XBC2's "final" DLC drop was 15 legendary cores, and the Torna game. So if you are going to buy it and Torna I guess now is the time to play it.

I did get 5 rare blades out of 6 tries with the legendary cores. I do like the gatcha game aspect of it, its just there should be better odds though, considering even getting a good share of rare cores is hard.

On chapter 8 now and blew past the 100 hour mark. Might end up spending more time on this than XCX. Will probably take a break after it and do Torna sometime next year because I just know Torna is going to be at least 60 hours.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: September 17, 2018, 11:39:02 AM »
Dragon Quest XI

Man.

This game.

I think I've taken like 50 screencaps already and I'm barely 1/4 through the story.  That's how gorgeous it is.  The story is a bit broad (I blame silent protag) and definitely cliché at times, but the characters are fantastic, the world is superlative, and only 30 (very slow) hours in and I have already felt moved nearly to tears on 3 separate occasions.

Truly, everything outside of the OST has been perfect or near-perfect.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: Yesterday at 08:50:15 AM »
Recently recruited Higgins.

Awesome. He's apparently pretty good at combat.

"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Greganox

• View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: Yesterday at 09:04:26 PM »
Recently recruited Higgins.

Awesome. He's apparently pretty good at combat.
Ninjas rarely disappoint.