Author Topic: Final Fantasy Mobius: A User Review

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Mobius: A User Review
« on: August 06, 2016, 12:03:17 AM »
Final Fantasy Mobius

FF Mobius is a sub-par, bog standard, battle-after-battle-with-some-collection-aspect-thrown-in mobile RPG which on the surface seems to offer something new but instead is just another shallow mobile experience with such mobile RPG tropes as pay walls (allegedly, I didn't play more than two stages before feeling exasperated) , soul-sucking leaderboards, and every classic mobile RPG trapping you can think of.

tl;dr it's shite.

I apologize for wasting a thread just to share my disappointment in this experience, but I'm just so damn tired of Square's mobile offerings. I'm always willing to go to bat for the mobile market, but Square Enix has the imagination and budget to create truly unique experiences on mobile devices (proven by their amazing GO franchise), but instead they just keep selling out their best licenses to generic bullshit.

And I'm just tired of it.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Mobius: A User Review
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 07:16:51 PM »
Sad thing is, Square-Enix has tried making good mobile RPGs before, but apparently the market for paid content just keeps drying up...like certain people predicted woulld happen when "Free-to-play"/freemium games started becoming commonplace. Guess it really was a race to the bottom. Oh well.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Mobius: A User Review
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 11:24:19 AM »
After Exvius, I wasn't even going to bother, and I still won't.  I've decided that F2P is just not for me.  There's no right way to do it.  It sucks.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons