Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Tomara, Rucks, ironmage and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #19905 on: October 19, 2017, 03:43:45 PM »

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19906 on: October 19, 2017, 03:54:44 PM »
^ Perfect .gif for the occasion.

Don't worry about any continued awkwardness, guys. I'm out. Seriously.
It's been fun for the 4+ years I've been a member of this board, and most of you are really cool, but the joy of posting here has pretty much been removed at this point...

Adiós.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19907 on: October 19, 2017, 03:57:57 PM »
B) fake pumpkin flavored coffee is the grossest misappropriation of taste this side of cherry wheat beer.

Didn't Starbucks claim that they started using real pumpkin a couple years ago?  I wouldn't know, never actually tried it.

I'll say this though: I love pumpkin ale.  Love love love it.  Why is it even a seasonal thing?  I would drink it year round if I could...

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19908 on: October 19, 2017, 03:59:44 PM »
Clearly I've missed some sort of long running feud here.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19909 on: October 19, 2017, 04:48:48 PM »
Can we get a special badge for Rucks that says "This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" underneath it?

You best be back, @Frostillicus . :(
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19910 on: October 19, 2017, 04:56:39 PM »
Can we get a special badge for Rucks that says "This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" underneath it?

You best be back, @Frostillicus . :(

Would it be considered an abuse of mod powers to make that a thing?

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #19911 on: October 19, 2017, 05:49:23 PM »
Forum drama has always been a weird thing considering that every forum has an ignore function which it seems people are hellbent on not using as they prefer seeing whatever causes issues for them instead of blissful ignorance.

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #19912 on: October 19, 2017, 05:50:39 PM »
Let's all carve a pumpkin, roast the seeds, sprinkle them with pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg), and enjoy with a nice cold glass of apple cider. 

Come on, who's with me?  We'll wear costumes and watch classic monster movies and everything. 

(I love roasted pumpkin seeds.  They taste like earthier popcorn and they're apparently rather healthy.)

As for haps, earlier this month, I was able to hold my nightly plank for anywhere from 2:45- 3:00 minutes, but this past week I'm barely able to hold it for 2:30 without buckling.  What's up with that? 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 05:39:17 AM by Dincrest »
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends."
     -Schmendrick (The Last Unicorn)

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19913 on: October 19, 2017, 05:54:51 PM »
At the risk of dragging out a nonsensical argument even further...

Why is anyone angry about pumpkin spice in the first place?  If you don't like it don't drink it.  But using it as a symbol of American complacency is just...strange.

Whatever you might think about their coffee, Starbucks treats their employees very well.  They pay well, offer health care benefits even for part time employees (which they are definitely not required to do and many places try to keep people part time specifically to not have to give them health care benefits), and is consistently ranked as one of the best companies in America to work for.  Walmart they ain't.  I think you can rightfully make the argument that places like Walmart have been very destructive to communities, forcing people into low-paying dead-end jobs as they drive every other place out of business.  You can make a moral argument for not shopping there.

But Starbucks?  That's just nonsense.

Not liking their coffee doesn't put you on any kind of moral high ground.  And it certainly doesn't give you the right to condemn people for liking it.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19914 on: October 19, 2017, 06:02:01 PM »
Pretty sure Rucks was just starting it as a joke, as being "basic" is literally just being stereotypically white and boring....I honestly giggled...

Then again, this is the same guy who actually used the word cisgender as an arguementative phrase against me... so there's that.

Also, coffee sucks.

TASTY!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19915 on: October 19, 2017, 06:09:21 PM »
Cisgender just means that you were born the gender you identify with as opposed to transgender people. It's just a word, don't be scared.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #19916 on: October 19, 2017, 06:14:02 PM »
I came here to complain about the fact that my attempt to get properly fitting clothes is somehow forcing my posture to correct itself. And while that is something I have been trying to do fro a while, it freaking hurts. What the heck did I just walk into? It has only been 10 hours since I was last here, I am so confused. O.o

Also, coffee sucks.
Well at least there is some sanity in here.

ironmage

• chaotic neutral observer
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • I know what you did and I wholeheartedly approve
    • View Profile
« Reply #19917 on: October 19, 2017, 08:29:35 PM »
Let's all carve a pumpkin, roast the seeds, sprinkle them with pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg), and enjoy with a nice cold glass of apple cider. 

Come on, who's with me?  We'll wear costumes and watch classic monster movies and everything. 
Count me in.  I think I'll microwave my cider, though.  The weather up here is starting to turn.

Also, coffee sucks.
Well at least there is some sanity in here.
I thought I was the only person in the entire universe who doesn't like coffee.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19918 on: October 19, 2017, 08:36:42 PM »
Pretty sure Rucks was just starting it as a joke, as being "basic" is literally just being stereotypically white and boring....I honestly giggled...

Then again, this is the same guy who actually used the word cisgender as an arguementative phrase against me... so there's that.

Also, coffee sucks.

The basic thing WAS a joke...

But everything else wasn't about coffee, it was about a whole bunch of other issues that he and I had argued about over the last few years (that there is no point getting into now) and gross pumpkin coffee was just the straw that broke the camels back.

Admittedly, the cisgender thing was me being too preachy.  It's not really my place to use that term (in the manner in which I was trying to use it) anyhow.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "glad I don't have the bloops"

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #19919 on: October 19, 2017, 11:18:21 PM »
I thought I was the only person in the entire universe who doesn't like coffee.

It gives me terrible heartburns... so yeah... I haven't drank it in years.