Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Hathen on Today at 03:46:32 AM »
I've been pulling nothing but blue orbs from the banner so far, and I'm going to keep doing that since stopping that now would be kinda pointless. I already decided ahead of time I probably wouldn't put anything into last year's brides or whatever the upcoming Legendary is, and since I already have one of each element anyway I'm short one huge incentive to get whoever it ends up being (plus it's probably going to be yet another sword to add onto the pile, I can't think of anyone who could be a red tome or bow unless it ends up being Ylgr who is a wildcard).

As for Faye, I wouldn't waste trying a Brave Bow build on her myself. Her ATK is actually somewhat below average amongst bows so even common archers like Virion (or perhaps more relevantly, Gordin) can outdo her with said build. Her one unique thing is running a weird mixed defenses build which is only outdone by Spooky Jakob, who on the other hand would love that Brave Bow because he can just say "fuck speed" and delete everything by running Bold Fighter. As for adding Faye to the uncommon pool- I'd like to see that happen (alongside some other unimpressive 5* exclusives like Katarina, Jaffar or Luke), but even if they demote some units eventually I won't be surprised if they leave Faye off the list. It probably wasn't the original thought behind it but I'm guessing they'd want to keep Firesweep bow a hard-to-get skill because it's far easier to abuse than the other Firesweep weapons by nature of being 2-range. The other Firesweep weapons need to run Drag Back/H&R to get a similar effect while Bows are free to run Cancel Affinity to ruin the one hard check it would otherwise have.

Also I pulled on the shiny new stances banner and got...a Free Zelgius. -ATK +DEF but regardless I really didn't want to waste my luck on something like this since I didn't even want him, he can't do anything for me unless I magically pull 10 more of him so I can replace the Draug I'm building in my Arena team. Well, he'll make my Armor Brigade better I guess.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Kevadu on Today at 02:49:19 AM »
You had to go to the ER in the middle of the night and still went to work that day?  I think that might have warranted using a sick day...
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Der Jermeister on Yesterday at 11:17:51 PM »
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - I beat the boss of the aquatic elephant Divine Beast, which wasn't too hard since I had plenty healing items (almost all of which are a bit advanced for my current health), although I did somewhat have to look at a guide to get an idea on how to find the dungeon's terminals. Now I'm back to exploring.

Resonance of Fate - I managed after a few tries to beat the arena battle with the four ailment-inflicting ogres, and the matches afterward, surprisingly, have been really smooth sailing, with the main game having generally had schizophrenic difficulty. I recently grinded for some green hexes so I could link terminals to the arena, and intend to farm some more so I can get more terminals connected to get the most out of fighting in the arena.

Yakuza 0 - I'm somewhat annoyed that it took me nearly half an hour to get my first save opportunity (having missed the save point after the opening scenes), but the combat is enjoyable and the graphics good aside from no lip movement during a certain type of cutscene and the inability to scroll through much of the dialogue.
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Rook on Yesterday at 08:33:21 PM »
Batman Ninja was way more gloriously ridiculous than I could have possibly imagined.
« Last post by Tomara on Yesterday at 04:38:46 PM »

Anyway, I woke up yesterday at 2:20 am, drove myself to the ER around 3:00, and was mostly okay by 5:30.  Then I waited for two-and-a-half hours to be discharged.  I got to work by 9:30, but didn't get much done.  Four hours of sleep isn't enough for a job that expects you to think.

I sound... weirdly efficient? I'm glad you're okay.
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 03:38:37 PM »
Surprised youd say that Faye is bad because anything -SPD on her is an ideal set IMO (with +ATK arguably being the absolute best since ATK is the stat you cant make up via Refinery). Her Speed is bad anyway so Id build her as a guard bow defense tower with those mixed defenses on her.

Also I bumrushed all the orbs from the TT and have gotten fuck all in return aside a 4.25% pity rate.

Wasn't planning on dropping 20k Feathers to turn her around (not when there are so many other units who aren't even 5 star yet, like Marth or Caeda (Marth's either -Atk or -Def while I have at best a +Def Caeda)), but yeah, either a Guard Bow+ or Brave Bow+ would make +Atk/-Spd Faye the one worth the most to keep around (and Faye really should be alongside Mist in an Uncommon Demotion since she's still the only source for Firesweep Bows, whereas Swords and Lances launched at Uncommon rarity and Lances are now on Common).

Sucks about your 4.25% pity rate. Fortunately, the new Brides still have the better part of a month left to pull from. Unfortunately, we're sneaking up on another Legendary Banner, and last year's Bridal Repeat Banner is on now to further drain our Orbs. At this point, I'd snipe like hell and hope for the best (or a decent pity breaker if nothing else).
« Last post by Starmongoose on Yesterday at 03:10:01 PM »
I can feel my kidney's after reading that.
« Last post by Hathen on Yesterday at 09:04:55 AM »
Surprised youd say that Faye is bad because anything -SPD on her is an ideal set IMO (with +ATK arguably being the absolute best since ATK is the stat you cant make up via Refinery). Her Speed is bad anyway so Id build her as a guard bow defense tower with those mixed defenses on her.

Also I bumrushed all the orbs from the TT and have gotten fuck all in return aside a 4.25% pity rate.
« Last post by ironmage on May 25, 2018, 08:37:52 PM »
Did you know:
  • 5% of people get kidney stones.
  • 50% of people with kidney stones get more than one.
  • When a doctor says "this might make you a bit loopy", she really means "these IV painkillers are going to make the dots on the ceiling flow continuously in a north-south direction".
  • If I watch a heart-rate monitor, and focus on relaxing, I can reduce my heartrate by 10 bpm, but it jumps back up when I get distracted.
  • ER doctors at teaching hospitals are so much in the habit of giving verbal quizzes, that they do it even to patients.
  • IV drips now have electric pumps with backup batteries, so when you get bored out of your mind, you can unplug them from the wall, and have a little whirring friend accompany you on your rambling through the ER hallway.

Anyway, I woke up yesterday at 2:20 am, drove myself to the ER around 3:00, and was mostly okay by 5:30.  Then I waited for two-and-a-half hours to be discharged.  I got to work by 9:30, but didn't get much done.  Four hours of sleep isn't enough for a job that expects you to think.

I guess I should drink more water, because that really hurt.
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by ironmage on May 25, 2018, 08:26:01 PM »
The Forge of God (Greg Bear):  An interesting take on first contact with an alien species, but it didn't really take me anywhere new.  Despite the claims on the cover, I wouldn't classify this as "hard" science fiction.

GOod OMeNS (Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman):  What if Armageddon was run by incompetents?  It would be pretty damn funny, that's what.

Caves of Steel (Isaac Asimov):  This is one of Asimov's "Murder mystery...in Spaaaace!" stories.  An entertaining read, but I prefer Asimov when he writes more traditional science fiction.  I'm not much of a mystery fan.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10