Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 10:39:07 AM »
I just reached 50000 points and I doubt it'll end there, because there isn't that much else to spend stamina on anyway. Having a full team of bonus units makes things pretty easy. Who new Sakura on T_T steroids is practically immortal?

(But she reached 4000HM now, so I switched her out for Maria the Pity Breaker.)

I'm saving up my orbs for I dunno what yet - maybe some cool seasonal unit or a particularly good Legendary banner - but yesterday I completed a bunch of Lunatic maps and quests for someone else so she could try for Ryoma. I warned her I was bad luck, but she didn't listen and ended up with a 5* Caeda.
« Last post by Hathen on Today at 08:35:16 AM »
I'll be happy to be wrong, but I seriously doubt we'll see any rate adjusting anytime soon, especially not on the anniversary with 3 major banners dropping soon to drain our orbs (New SS probably, legendary, and probably-valentines for February event).

I was planning on saving for the legendary banner but I might once again get baited by new characters. Lyon for free will be nice (red tome I'm guessing, given Raigh's place). I'll agree the tt will probably give more Joshua since its probably a bad idea to set a precedent of more than one potential Tempest reward character per game unless they start running micro TTs or something. Good luck getting extra copies of whoever ends up being Thracia's TT character (bets are on Eyvel so she won't overlap Leif's red slot on the banner when it comes).

Anyway I'm confident we'll be getting L'arachel and Myrrh on the banner. Guessing the third will be Marisa or Cormag.

I somewhat hope the new CYL will remove previous winners myself, although that wouldn't stop us from having a chance at a 15th Event Camilla or whatever. Reinhardt and Bartre are our local memes now but I don't know if that can overcome regular old popularity.

Also I'm going a bit nuts with my Hero Merit grinding this tt since I have a full team of bonus units. I might actually make it into the top 1000 if I keep it up. Totally worth that extra 4* promotion.
Multiplayer RPGs / Re: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« Last post by Spoony Mage on Today at 01:19:29 AM »
I won't lie.  The new 4.2 trailer made me hard.  So much FF6 nostalgia!  :O

I've been trying to avoid getting back into FFXIV because of finances and an upcoming move to another state, but damn that trailer is tempting me.  I'm not even that deep into SB yet. ;_;
General Discussions / Re: Humble Bundle
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Yesterday at 08:09:09 PM »
I usually wait for the complete packs when they're half off or more with Civ. I usually prefer the breadth of options they provide...

...sorry, I just filled out a survey a few minutes ago, my brain's still readjusting to writing like I'm not a robot...
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 07:56:41 PM »
So they've posted the calender for the next month or so and to nobody's surprise, its pretty damn packed. The good news is that the next GHeB will be for Lyon (followed by a rehash of Valter) which probably means that SS is getting another banner within the month (it wasn't stated as such, but there's one late in January that looks to fit the bill), the not-as-good news is that another SS banner probably means we won't be seeing Thracia or Genealogy Gen 2 for a while yet (don't worry Lief, you'll get yours eventually).

More importantly though is that they're holding another goddamn t_t right after this one (and considering how generous the devs are with these compared to their bigger siblings, we're going to be swimming in loot for the next while). Chances are that the fourth added SS character (fifth? nah, not after the Ayra burn) will be the bonus unit (although I wouldn't be surprised if its another chance for Joshua).

More important still is that the next Legendary Banner is set for the 30th. Hopefully those of us who got screwed over by bad luck/timing will get a second chance at Gunnthra.

They're also planning a new CYL poll (great news for Gaiden/Echoes characters since people know about them now, Thracia might even clean up a bit (or at least Reinhardt is going to fucking spike the thing), Lyn's either going to clean up again or take it in the bicycle shorts, and Fates will hopefully begin to fade away), which, no matter how it slices, is going to show a stark difference in characters who made an impact in Heroes compared to those who didn't.

And then there's the next round of Weapon Forge quests (as well as quests for Chain Challenges/Squad Assault ) and a planned update (readjusted draw pool perhaps?).

Pull Edit: Got bored with cleaning house so I dumped two Orbs into my Barracks and pulled from a couple of banners. First up was the t_t banner and got a whole heap of nothing (freebie was a 3 star Gaius). Second was from Radiant Dawn and the freebie there was a +Spd/-Res Micaiah (would've liked to have kept the natural 38 Res but taking the hit there to help a salvageable Spd score is also acceptable), then proceeded to waste 15 Orbs in the pursuit of Zelgius. Finally hit up NY again and got nothing but a 4 star Gwendolyn to show for it (even if her Traits suck, I'm in desperate need for her Hone Armor to gas up my Armor Emblem mkIII). At the very least, I'm glad to have finally caught up with these banners.
General Discussions / Re: Humble Bundle
« Last post by kofvscapcom on Yesterday at 03:28:27 PM »
well, it's not a bundle but this month's humble monthly has Civ 6 in it. Even if it was just Civ 6 for $12, that's a pretty good deal, though I guess it's mainly to promote their coming expansion.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: RPG Fan Decides My Next Game
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 10:45:25 AM »
Thanks, @Aeolus , I was thinking that's what I would do, but you confirmed it.  As for all the rest of what you said, I'm sure it will make sense to me whenever I get around to actually playing it.
« Last post by Aeolus on January 18, 2018, 07:05:48 PM »
I played the quite lengthy demo of BD when it came out.  The battle system is awesome.  I have no reservations about that part.  Just the infamous grind is all I'm worried about.

There's not a lot of grind to the game. Just play with encounters on until you finish your first lap through and then just manage your Exp/JP while boss rushing the rest of it.

What you should be concerned about is your button mashing skillz. You need to hammer fast and furious to unlock the bad end (and trust me when I say, don't be shy about this, you'll be given a litmus test immediately thereafter to see if you are ready, and the game will kindly restore you to the point before your decision to take the game off the rails once you've obtained said bad end, with loot and all).
« Last post by Arvis on January 18, 2018, 10:28:05 AM »
I played the quite lengthy demo of BD when it came out.  The battle system is awesome.  I have no reservations about that part.  Just the infamous grind is all I'm worried about.
« Last post by Hathen on January 18, 2018, 03:04:01 AM »
I also got my shiny QR seal and immediately upgraded it. Honestly as nice as it is to have it I doubt Subaki will lose much value as QR fodder, too many units benefit from QR for constantly shifting the seal around to be a viable option (even putting aside general laziness and hating needing to micromanage seals all the time). Just amongst the 5*s I have I think like 10 units who would make good use of the skill, and probably at least half of them would make good use of the lower HP threshold on QR3.

For now I'll probably stick it on New Year Corn to make him useful through the Tempest. If I ever bother building him I'll probably make him into a Bonfire/Ignis tank like Leon is intended to be, but since the Leon I have ate a Klein it's not like it'd be redundant for me.

Also interesting new banner. I hope in the future they refine the idea and instead make a banner without 5*s and only 4* focuses, but at a cheaper orb cost. Nevertheless I dropped 15 orbs into it and came out with 4* Frederick, 4* Reinhardt (-ATK of course), 3* Wrys, 3* Subaki, and a surprise 5* Laslow. A random 5* is nice even though he sucks, but I got the few Focus units I didn't really want. Would've liked Roy/Hinata/Abel/Barst/Fae/Klein for their skills, or Oscar because I still haven't pulled him once.

Honestly I don't even know why Laslow and Rebecca are even on this banner. Silver Weapons suck, nobody cares about Axebreaker and Darting Blow is one of those skills you only use if you nothing else but a flood of Florinas.

Oh well, I might drop more orbs on this banner if whatever comes on the anniversary is uninteresting (though I doubt they won't go crazy and give us OP Brave versions of Marth and Hector or something).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10