Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1065 on: January 11, 2018, 09:32:07 AM »
Ugh, that's one big fat benchwarmer... I mean, I do get it, games like this are supposed to milk old jokes so the fandom can meme them to infinity and beyond. So, that's why I'm going to complete that GHB in style. Since we don't have a certain heron yet who can use the lard bucket's face as a punching bag and break his hand in the process but never mind that, Lucius backed up by three dancers will have to act as his proxy.

But hey, yay for t_t! Not looking forward to beat the crap out of Takumi dunno how many times, but it's for a good cause. I still don't have a mochi throwing pineapple...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:34:02 AM by Tomara »

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 11, 2018, 12:16:14 PM »
Yeah, them doing Zelgius of all people blows chunks since he's basically the Black Knight of a different flavor (and so they're effectively repeating BK and not Camus or OG Xander?) and again, where's the Dawn Brigade? Micaiah and Sothe don't count since they're running Lord/Jagen status while RD's plot basically ignores the rest of the DB past Chapter 3's awful grinding maps. Makes me not really anticipate Thracia since its probably just going to be Leif, Nanna and Finn (or Mareeta if they're still planning a Quan, Ethlyn & Finn banner at some point; but then again Zelgius proves they wouldn't be above giving us both Rookie Finn and Adult Finn).

At the very least Thani is getting the representation it deserves as its a 14 Mt Anti-Cavalry/Armor Blue Tome with a +3 Res buff and Magic/Missile Defense baked in. Unfortunately, this pretty much spells the end of Cecilia being the cheap anti-meta unit as she's going to be useless against that kind of firepower (and a bunch of other teams as this weapon is pure bullshit).

The biggest part about Oliver's joke (aside from Oliver himself) is that he's a Blue Tome user and not an unfortunate Staff Bot, so yeah, they gave him of all people a leg up on poor Lachesis and Lucius (that and he's the closest thing to getting a playable Gheb in this game; not that I would want such a unit in this game as Gheb was horrible and not particularly noteworthy back in FE8, nevermind the concentrated awful that is GhebFE).

And speaking of stupid memes, I'm disappointed in the Internet for not giving us a picture of Miccy wearing Ash Ketchum's hat, holding a Blue Orb, and shouting "I choose you! Reinhardt!" yet (although it should be Olwen since she's more like the Pikachu to Reinhardt's Raichu).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 11, 2018, 01:42:24 PM »
To be fair, Lucius is doing relatively well since the weapon upgrades update. Pain+ in combination with two Savage Blow 3's is a lot of fun. I've even seen one that had Close Counter, with the idea behind it being that during the enemy phase he's able to one-shot pretty much any unit he damaged.

Oliver, meanwhile, is just going to look disappointing next to a wide variety of blue tome users already available. Whoever is going to use him will likely do so for the lulz, not tactical reasons.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 11, 2018, 11:53:41 PM »
Yeah, staves are actually really good now, at least at 5* (they're easily the biggest performance difference between 4* and 5* in the game), and Lucius is one of the best since he has a really good stat spread from dumping DEF to specialize. Lachesis just sucks though, yeah.

In pure stat terms I'd say Oliver is actually a lot better than Micaiah though. He has 3 less ATK and 1 less RES in exchange for 7 HP and 5 DEF. He also has 8 less SPD but Micaiah's in that awkward SPD range where she can't even really invest in it to avoid doubles from the fast units (Unlike Julia/Deirdre Micaiah doesn't negate horsebuffs either, so she can't screw them over there).

I'd argue Oliver's the best new infantry Raven user, because he doesn't die to magic like Robin does and can actually do damage unlike Odin. Bonus points for there not being an blue tome armor to completely outclass him like how Tharja screwed over Sophia and Henry screwed over...well actually there wasn't really a good balanced defenses Gronnraven user anyway. The problem of course, is that Oliver's base set is awful. Attack Ploy is okay, but Silver-type weapons are basically all useless and Mirror Strike would be niche even if Oliver wasn't built for enemy phase.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 12, 2018, 08:19:49 PM »
My point was focused more on Lucius' initial appearance/assumption on him being a Light Mage versus a Staffbot. Especially since Oliver is so strictly a Light Mage it hurts. And yeah, statwise Miccy is the same as every other offensive specced Blue Mage, where she's competing with Linde, Delthea, Lute, Mae to a lesser extent, and I guess Tailtiu, on top of the Blue Mounties, Reinhardt, Olwen and Ursula, whereas Oliver is more 'well-rounded' but still offensively specced enough to compete, which makes him more of a Blarraven tome user where his only competition is Male Robin and he's too well-rounded aside from his inability to take magic worth a shit.

At any rate, I've cleaned up some monthly quests and pulled a 5 star Mathilda from my 12 orbs dumped into the Anti-Horse Banner. Good news is that she's +Res (so Ploys are in), bad news is she's -Atk (which takes a hard -4 point hit and wasn't too good to begin with). This does however leave me with only Clair, Faye and the Whitewing Sisters as the only playable Echoes female units left for me to obtain/raise to 5 stars (unless they someday add in Silk, Tatiana, Rinea, Mila, Nuibaba, Marla or Heste).

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 13, 2018, 09:10:33 AM »
In a first, the reward unit from the t_t is one of the 40%s. They should just do this every time! I also have a ton of the other bonus units so I'll probably have a fun time stomping all over it. I'd promote one of my Sakuras if I didn't have laughable IVs on both the ones I have.

My roll on the Radiant Dawn banner gave me 1 Red and 4 Greens because fuck me I guess. The universe balanced out that crap by giving me a 5* Seth as my free pull. Already had him at 4* and he's going to get lost in the sea of much better sword units I have, but I like Seth so I guess it's nice to have him around. Just sucks that he comes with a non-reforgable weapon that doesn't synergize with him at all (and he looks dorky holding it).

Followed that up with a pull from the Tempest banner giving me no blues to pull for HInoka, so I pulled a red and got a 3* Selena. Reposition is always nice.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 14, 2018, 12:37:13 AM »
In a first, the reward unit from the t_t is one of the 40%s. They should just do this every time! I also have a ton of the other bonus units so I'll probably have a fun time stomping all over it. I'd promote one of my Sakuras if I didn't have laughable IVs on both the ones I have.

My roll on the Radiant Dawn banner gave me 1 Red and 4 Greens because fuck me I guess. The universe balanced out that crap by giving me a 5* Seth as my free pull. Already had him at 4* and he's going to get lost in the sea of much better sword units I have, but I like Seth so I guess it's nice to have him around. Just sucks that he comes with a non-reforgable weapon that doesn't synergize with him at all (and he looks dorky holding it).

Followed that up with a pull from the Tempest banner giving me no blues to pull for HInoka, so I pulled a red and got a 3* Selena. Reposition is always nice.

I'm glad that t_ts still aren't treating F2Pers like second class citizens yet.

The problem with Seth in this game is that they made him into an Anti-Axe Tank, of which there's Bike, Hector and Amelia but even with Ruby Sword+ he's not going to score big numbers on any of them due to Fortress Defense and there are far better counters to all three of them.

Went and pulled for NY again and my Gaiden heavy luck gave me a pity breaker Boey. Fortunately, I was only at 3.25% so its not a big loss, but the Boey was +Spd/-HP (while Spd is a very useful stat to have, he kinda needs HP to run Earth Boost, otherwise he's kinda bad without it; then again, he's not like my current one who's +Res/-Def which is also rather subpar for him).

Edit: And that's another GHeB down. No wonder Reyson was able to actually inflict damage onto this guy, he's soft as hell (I just threw my Arena team at him and only needed to mess around with Sacred Seals once; his debuff didn't matter due to inflated stats requiring a 2HKO anyways, and he couldn't even do shit to Eliwood, even without the defensive terrain).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:19:08 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 15, 2018, 02:50:38 AM »
Yeah, the GHB was pretty easy. The trenches actually made things easier for me because it meant the enemy cavalry unit jammed up the intersection which allowed me to either funnel enemies and kill them one by one, or just bait them across the wall.

As for Seth, like I said I think Ruby Sword is a terrible fit for him, as is Fortress Defense. I think TA is best used on either units with decent mixed defenses to ensure they can solidly counter their WTA, or on support units to buoy up their otherwise unremarkable combat (ie almost all dancers). Seth has balanced stats all around except RES, so I think he probably works best with a Slaying Edge or Wo Dao. Of course that would require that I waste 20k feathers promoting a Fir or something, plus it feels weird to have Seth holding one of those. If I wanted pure aesthetics I'd give him a Silver Sword to go with that title of his, but Silver weapons are crappy in this game. I guess until they add some more suitable weapon to the game he can help kill Hectors in Arena Assault or something.

Andrew

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 15, 2018, 06:13:46 PM »
Tomara, was that you posting archery on the FEH Subreddit? :)

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 16, 2018, 03:20:37 AM »
No, they found Takumi's account.

Speaking of Takumi...

-atk but +spd, so it's okay and he's right in time for the new Trials.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 16, 2018, 05:02:38 AM »
And speaking of, the Seals this time are fucking ridiculous. We have Seal Atk (good for tanks like Sheena), Def Ploy (Arvis says "Come to daddy.") and Quick Retort (so many fucking units want this; Camus, Xander, Ryoma, Fjorm, Any Dragon with Lightning Breath+, the list goes on). And considering that a 1.4x multiplier unit is available literally one battle into the t_t, I'm calling this one of the most generous (that said, NYCorrin is rather incredibly underwhelming as a seasonal unit, but whadda expect from a free 5 star).

The day before was a good stark reminder as to why Alcoholics Anonymous is such a balls sucking mode. Nothing like trying to take a serious stab at the mode only to get wrecked on the seventh round because you ran out of items from all of the previous whale hunts (and all I was trying to do was to avoid getting shipped to the 13-Coin/Poprock tier; my serious attempt might have only probably landed me in the 15 or 14 whatevers tier anyways). The entire mode is dog shit and its too bad I can't retake that survey to further convey these renewed feelings of disdain at this situation.

Also kicking around the idea of promoting an Adult Tiki. All of mine are -HP but the choice of whether to go for +Atk, +Def or +Spd weighs heavily on my mind (well, okay, not +Spd/-HP, Tiki's way too slow for that).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 05:04:28 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 16, 2018, 09:41:20 AM »
The madmen actually gave us a QR seal. I bet Armads will get some kind of upgrade next time they add more reforges since everyone can run his signature combo now. I've so far avoided promoting any Subakis to 5* so it's nice to have my misering rewarded. Now they just need to add Distant Counter, Steady Breath and Fury seals (the final one just so people can run a Triple-Fury Eldigan who takes 18 damage after battle). It's just that as always, it sucks to have to constantly shift seals around so you can only ever have one guy carrying the QR seal.

Promoting Adult Tiki would certainly go well with the QR seal, but personally I've had a -SPD +DEF one (Personally I think if you have the option you should just dump SPD on her since its unsalvageable anyway) at 4* for a while, and while she does her designated role really well, I've never felt the need to promote her because people just don't run axes that much, mostly one of Hector, Amelia or BIke, and you don't need such a dedicated unit like Tiki to take them out. Her weakness to Nino's brute force and Naga kinda limits her ability as a team Red too. That and her optimum build really wants you to stick Steady Breath on her so she can spam Aether or some other long charge move.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 16, 2018, 06:06:01 PM »
I managed to pick up Micaiah and another Azura in under 80 Orbs. Micaiah is +HP, -Def, and Azura is neutral. At least I didn't get a -Atk Micaiah.

Edit: Oliver's GHB is pretty simple, and this Tempest Trial is also pretty simple. I think the path to the final map is tougher than the final map.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 16, 2018, 10:56:05 PM »
The madmen actually gave us a QR seal. I bet Armads will get some kind of upgrade next time they add more reforges since everyone can run his signature combo now. I've so far avoided promoting any Subakis to 5* so it's nice to have my misering rewarded. Now they just need to add Distant Counter, Steady Breath and Fury seals (the final one just so people can run a Triple-Fury Eldigan who takes 18 damage after battle). It's just that as always, it sucks to have to constantly shift seals around so you can only ever have one guy carrying the QR seal.

Promoting Adult Tiki would certainly go well with the QR seal, but personally I've had a -SPD +DEF one (Personally I think if you have the option you should just dump SPD on her since its unsalvageable anyway) at 4* for a while, and while she does her designated role really well, I've never felt the need to promote her because people just don't run axes that much, mostly one of Hector, Amelia or BIke, and you don't need such a dedicated unit like Tiki to take them out. Her weakness to Nino's brute force and Naga kinda limits her ability as a team Red too. That and her optimum build really wants you to stick Steady Breath on her so she can spam Aether or some other long charge move.

My main reason for wanting to promote A Tiki is because I don't have the younger variant to run alongside my 5 star Nowi and Fae (I also lack Ninian, who's kind of the linchpin to the whole Dragon Emblem idea, but she'll hopefully pitybreak my heart sooner or later). I really don't care about optimum builds that much since I don't whale for that kind of nonsense (or at all for that matter). Besides, the real reason is to have another Dragon to throw at those fucking AA Bowlins because two isn't enough.

I probably should just go with +Atk since its easier to jack up Def in the long run (especially with Forges) and since the devs keep buffing Armor Emblem, the novelty of having a Red 42 Base Def, 2 Mv, DC Tank has become rather less novel (especially since I have two of the three Armor March Armors). But given her utter lack of Spd, 3 points of Atk isn't going to be rocking any boats either. Hmm...

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 17, 2018, 03:22:56 AM »
I really recommend Adult Tiki. I raised one of the weapon upgrades became available, and now she's one of my favourite Lyn counters.

I'm really loving this t_t. Good rewards coming in at a good pace, maps that aren't terrible, a boss that puts up a fight (unlike the last one), several easily available bonus units, and holy shit, Alfonse is great when on bonus steroids! Mine has Desperation and Brash Assault, and once his HP reaches critical levels, everything dies. His def is pretty awesome too.