Author Topic: Kudos to RPG Fan

WilliamSC

• View Profile
Kudos to RPG Fan
« on: July 25, 2017, 01:11:21 PM »
Hey mods! I recently found your site online and I've started listening to both the random encounters and retro encounters podcasts as well as reading your reviews and I just felt the need to say that you all rock! The podcasts are fantastic, I've been thoroughly enjoying listening to them, and your reviews are great. I feel like you are true rpg fans reviewing games you love honestly, and I can really get behind what you're saying more than most game sites. Infact you might be too grrat at what youre doing, cause ive added 10 ganes to my backlog in the last week and despite being knee deep in the kingdom hearts collection, ffxii and dq8, i booted up bloodborne again after listening to rob talk about it and am itching to play xenoblade chronicles after the podcasts on it - goddamnit there isnt enough time for all these games! Seriously though thanks for being so awesome, and keep up the fantastic work!
Currently playing: FFXII The Zodiac Age, KH HD 1.5 + 2.5, DQ VIII for 3DS

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
Re: Kudos to RPG Fan
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 02:00:26 PM »
Thank you friend!

(How much do I owe you for saying that? *slides a tenner across the table*)

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 02:10:28 PM »
This is exactly how I found RPG Fan, too, back in the day.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 02:28:41 PM »
I found it 'cause of the soundtrack samples (Back when Realplayer was actually the leading tech in streaming... ick). Though can't quite recall what drew me to the forums.

Mike

• Administrator
  • Oathkeeper
    • View Profile
    • Valkyrie Studio
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 02:31:46 PM »
Aw, thank you for your comments! It's always nice to hear feedback like this, especially with how much time some people put into their work here. I couldn't be more proud to work alongside this staff, so I'm a fan of everyone's writing and podcasting talents as well, and have taken my share of recommendations from people here, too.

I am a little sorry if we put you in a financial or Time Crisis per our recommendations, but I do hope it has been and continues to be good experiences for you. :)
"Donít be ridiculous. Martha Stewart isnít a demon. Sheís a witch. Nobody could do that much decoupage without calling on the powers of darkness."

Wild Armor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 02:36:31 PM »
Yay, people like us!

NickRansbottom

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 03:06:42 PM »
This is so sweet of you to say! I'm glad we're acting as a source of entertainment for you, and I'm also glad our discussions and reviews are fueling your passion for RPGs! Comments like this, which remind us that the work we all put in isn't in vain, mean a lot. I know that personally, you've just improved my day quite a bit, and I bet I can say the same for everyone else! I sincerely hope you stick around and become an active member of our wonderful community. :)

[Side notes: Yay, another Kingdom Hearts fan! I just got off of my review for XII: The Zodiac Age, which I absolutely loved. Hopefully you're enjoying it as well.]

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 03:46:53 PM »
Sweet, a new RPGFan fan!  Glad you enjoy what we do here.  We're all fans ourselves and this is a labor of love.  I myself started out here as a reader/fan before becoming part of our awesome staff.

And I hear you about too many games, too little time.  If it weren't for RPGFan, I wouldn't know about so many of the awesome games out there, especially those under the radar. 
"Golly, why can't I act right outside of a baseball game?"
     -Peppermint Patty

Towns Car Marty

• at the halloween party
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Dryboy Quest XI
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 04:58:11 PM »
Hey buddy, welcome to RPGFan! I'm thrilled to hear you enjoy our output, because it's a heckuva lot of fun to put together.

WilliamSC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 10:37:48 PM »
*casually slips money into pocket*
I say you've taken all my time in money in a good way, I swear. I love rpgs and just hearing people gush over the same games I like is just priceless.

Kingdom hearts is definitely one of my favorite series, so glad they released it on ps4. Between that and FFXII I'm pretty much reliving my childhood. I totally agree with you Nick, the zodiac age is fantastic, I loved it when I was a kid and the remake is just as good as I remember it being.
Currently playing: FFXII The Zodiac Age, KH HD 1.5 + 2.5, DQ VIII for 3DS

Embryon

• RPGFan Editor
  • モナドの力
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 12:40:55 PM »
Hey William, thanks for listening to our podcasts! It means a lot that you enjoy what we're doing. It's all for the love of RPGs, y'know? :)
"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »
...this place sucks. I hate it here! Don't even review any good shooters here! And dincrest is the meanest guy ever!

If anyone reads that and thinks I mean it, they should know I'm obviously kidding after some 5 years of posting here.

TASTY!

PaleRobbie

• Podcast Host
  • Administrator
  • Fear the old blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 08:24:51 PM »
Good lord.  Kind comments?  On the internet?!

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 11:12:35 PM »
Good lord.  Kind comments?  On the internet?!

Suckit Rob.  You kaka head!!!
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!