Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: Humble Bundle
« Last post by kofvscapcom on Yesterday at 07:45:00 PM »
new bundle up, if you haven't played any  of the  new Shadowrun stuff I do recommend them. The combat is kinda meh so I generally just play on easiest difficulty but the stories are usually very good. Wasteland 2 I haven't played before but I'll give it a shot. Xenonauts is supposed to be classic XCOM so curious about that also.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom announced!
« Last post by Electricb7 on Yesterday at 07:44:54 PM »
Crap. They are hiding the artbook behind the collectors edition. I really dont need all that extra crap. Just the music CD and the artbook.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Electricb7 on Yesterday at 07:36:17 PM »
Just got a new Cintiq.
Playing through Zelda.

Single-Player RPGs / Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)
« Last post by Electricb7 on Yesterday at 07:27:18 PM »
I tried for Hours to get KOS MOS. I just gave up and best the game.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 05:47:38 PM »
Only a French woman could say, "I broke my ass and need a painkiller" in a post-event interview and make it sound incredibly charming; almost classy and dignified even.  (I refer to halfpipe skiing silver medalist Marie Martinod.) 
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 02:00:51 PM »
What a minute.  Emily Brontė wrote Wuthering Heights??  How did I mess that up?
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Jimmy on Yesterday at 01:33:56 PM »
I had to read Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontė for a class this semester. A slow read, but fascinating. I ended up really enjoying it despite 19th century British novels usually being very tedious.

Outside of school, I decided to make Ready Player One my Spring Break recreational read since the movie is coming soon and it’s right up my alley interest-wise.
« Last post by Grainofariver on Yesterday at 03:19:02 AM »
The whole Core Crystal thing is an enigma. Each rare blade already has a unique quest associated with them (which is really neat), so why couldn't they have simply tweaked that and made it the exclusive way to get blades? You wouldn't need commons anymore, and it would fix so many things!
- No more stupid Gacha crap!
- No more need to constantly spend time in menus shuffling blades to clear a field check (just run a check on all owned blades rather than equipped ones)!
- As an extension, better control on the dev's part to how you open and explore new areas, allowing for more unique approaches and discoveries!
- No more Merc missions that serve no purpose other than to give your useless commons something to do!
- Easier access to the blade quests!
- Blades in general just become more interesting and better integrated into the world and party!

Instead, I spent two hours opening 127 cores and getting two rares (true story). I occasionally find myself wasting time because merc quests are often required to advance side-quests, and rather than real-time, the timer stupidly goes by game-time. My inventory is filled to the brim with generic blades so that I can stack enough element mastery to clear the utterly meaningless check. Finally, I'd love to do each and every blade's side-quest, but not only would that involve grinding thousands of cores just to GET all the rares (I do not think that is an exaggerated number either), I would then need to grind the affinity required to unlock the quest. I have no doubt this would take dozens upon dozens of hours.

Maybe I'm just biased, but I cannot see a negative to stripping the current system. It's not even like I'm asking them to write a new quest for all 20-or-so rare blades, since they already took the effort to do that. The whole thing is an example of what I mentioned earlier: a really neat idea executed by rough systems that don't fit together quite right. It's funny: I'm someone who will often defend Tales of Xillia as being half of a good game. The devs themselves have admitted that the game's story was meant to be at its halfway point when you reach [does this even count as a spoiler?], and I think it shows because you can clearly see the character's hitting the turning point in their arcs. Yet, without that second half of the game, everything is rushed to a finale that doesn't feel earned or built to. It is a game that is literally half complete.

Xenoblade 2 is not a half-complete game. It's a fully complete game, but not necessarily a FINISHED one. All the parts of something amazing are on the table -- they don't exist in a realm of speculation, but are instead right there, and I think that's where most of my frustration stems. I don't need to talk about hypotheticals regarding what may or may-not have been the trajectory of a character's arc, but can instead clearly point to an aspect of the game and go, "I like THIS". Even with the plot, I can talk about the aforementioned scene with Rex in Indol and say, "I like THAT character". Yet it's always, ALWAYS, accompanied with some kind of 'but', some contradiction that I feel could've been (and probably would've been) addressed.

I'll get to the X post tomorrow -- it's too late, and my brain isn't at its finest at present.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: super robot wars topic
« Last post by Aeolus on February 19, 2018, 11:27:44 PM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/19/super-robot-wars-xs-second-trailer-features-new-original-characters-and-robot-on-robot-action/

New trailer for SRWX. OGs this time are magic inquisitor on the run from the magic inquisition and girl who is good with magic. Butler Bird and Ravensoft Wizard Mech are both cool and good, and the villain/rival/whatever looks dapper as well.
« Last post by Aeolus on February 19, 2018, 11:20:07 PM »
Btw, they've figured out the Rare Blade pulling mechanics and its extremely Gacha levels of bullshit.

Anybody who got KOS-MOS should count their blessings as they pulled her on a 0.01% chance (well spun up to 0.0714% chance with a Legendary Core, 999 Luck and at least one Booster of the Light/Dark element).

For the rest of us, don't bother throwing your unwanted Rares back into the pool since you're hurting your chances.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10