Author Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV announced for 3DS

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: Etrian Odyssey IV announced for 3DS
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2016, 11:28:07 AM »
Sorry to be resurrecting 2 random threads at once... but yeah basically I was looking at 3DS games I missed, and this and Legacy came out (well and Langrisser).

I'm not sure about Langrisser, but like with Legacy, did anyone play this (non Demo) how was it, if so?
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2016, 02:11:39 PM »
It's good, but I thought 3 was better.

It's not exactly like the games change much between iterations.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 09:14:26 PM by Starmongoose »

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 28, 2016, 04:07:44 PM »
It's good, but I thought 3 was better.

It's not exactly like the games entire First-person Dungeon-crawling genre changes much between iterations.

Fixed that for ya. There are ones that stumble, and the occasional odd branch that looks kinda like a new concept, but otherwise if you liked the demo, and have even a little experience with the genre...well, what you saw is what you get, so there's not really much left to ask about.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 28, 2016, 08:56:41 PM »
IV was a bit easy for series veterans, but that means it might be better for newcomers, not to mention it has a lot of great interface changes which makes things a lot less annoying. If you're stuck between this and that piece of crap 3DS Langrisser, I think it's a no-brainer which to get.

V's already out in Japan though, so dunno if we'll be seeing that stateside anytime soon.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 29, 2016, 12:13:14 AM »
Well I'd already heard Etrian Odyssey was better, heard about it a few times from other places...
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan Editor
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2016, 03:12:07 AM »
The EO games are pretty iterative, as Star said, but they're all pretty great. 4 is worth playing, and also a good place for newcomers to start. 3 will always be my favorite, though.