Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #855 on: October 17, 2017, 07:34:49 AM »
Looking forward to it personally. Even though Valflame (by the way that name really bothers me now that the official translation for the Crusader is Fjalar- names being changed a bit I can handle, but the thing was called Falaflame in Japan so now its name makes no real sense) doesn't have its massive Mt from its original game, Arvis is a pretty interesting unit with his massive RES to active its double ploy effect (plus his inbuilt C slot ploy skill). If they release some more ploy skills via sacred seals it turns him in a really powerful debuff unit. That's without mentioning how he's just a really good Red Tome just on his own, and aside from allowing him ever more flexibility in a healer support role, the Recover Ring can also synergize well with the omnipresent Fury which pushes his stats even higher. He's just a really flexible unit overall (and is another nice middle finger to daggers which are still waiting for some kind of buff).

Also yeah, Ayra and Sigurd both have +5 BST like villager units do, which is pretty clear power creep. It makes it so that Sigurd has a higher BST than normal infantry despite having a pony to ride around on. That's without accounting for the fact both of them have two very powerful exclusive skills. Oddly enough, Deirdre, Arvis, and Arden all don't have that bonus BST. The only other units that have it were the two CYL winners (BIke and Bow Lyn), but most people assumed that was just a special case.

Also you guys are underselling Arden, he's awesome. Because of his guaranteed Quad it means you can make his dream come true by sticking Galeforce on him and giving him an armor march. Watch him zoom across the map and delete two units for you.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 17, 2017, 10:10:12 PM »
Looking forward to it personally. Even though Valflame (by the way that name really bothers me now that the official translation for the Crusader is Fjalar- names being changed a bit I can handle, but the thing was called Falaflame in Japan so now its name makes no real sense) doesn't have its massive Mt from its original game, Arvis is a pretty interesting unit with his massive RES to active its double ploy effect (plus his inbuilt C slot ploy skill). If they release some more ploy skills via sacred seals it turns him in a really powerful debuff unit. That's without mentioning how he's just a really good Red Tome just on his own, and aside from allowing him ever more flexibility in a healer support role, the Recover Ring can also synergize well with the omnipresent Fury which pushes his stats even higher. He's just a really flexible unit overall (and is another nice middle finger to daggers which are still waiting for some kind of buff).

Also yeah, Ayra and Sigurd both have +5 BST like villager units do, which is pretty clear power creep. It makes it so that Sigurd has a higher BST than normal infantry despite having a pony to ride around on. That's without accounting for the fact both of them have two very powerful exclusive skills. Oddly enough, Deirdre, Arvis, and Arden all don't have that bonus BST. The only other units that have it were the two CYL winners (BIke and Bow Lyn), but most people assumed that was just a special case.

Also you guys are underselling Arden, he's awesome. Because of his guaranteed Quad it means you can make his dream come true by sticking Galeforce on him and giving him an armor march. Watch him zoom across the map and delete two units for you.

At least her name wasn't localized as Odly as poor Od's was (plus its still pretty phonetically similar to Fala). And yeah, all Arvis needs is a Spd Ploy Seal and he'll be set for Ploy life. That said, Recover Ring is pretty neat, but it does prevent him from stacking it with Renewal due to occupying the same slot (although Recover Ring is strictly superior anyways since it heals the same amount overall as Renewal 3, but the healing comes more frequently; Recover Ring on a Falchion user would've been amazing). Either way, he'll be our first Red Tome GHeB and will be a solid contender (unlike F!Robin; although the game handed out Cecilia for free a couple of times anyways so its all good).

Meanwhile, your description of Arden reminds me of that Super Thracia hack where the first stage has an Arden randomly stuck into it who basically serves as an IWTBTG trap due to possessing capped stats and instant transmission (this also suggests that somebody on the dev team was probably thinking of that very same hack when they implemented him into FEH). Also it is hella amusing that he's the one running around with the Hero Brave Sword and the Pursuit Follow-Up Ring (I want to believe that the T_T or a 5 star Level 40 speech will casually reference him getting paired up with Ayra).

And yeah, Sigurd and Ayra are basically CYL units in disguise. Hell, Sigurd even comes with all three Support Skills like Bowlyn and Bike (while Ayra trades one of those for the game's first fourth tier Special). Not to mention that those two are the ones the first two Paralogue 13 stages are named after.

Anyways, having finished up everything available short of CCs and SAs, I pulled for Dancers with the Orbs I've got but got pretty screwed on color representation (3 Red Orbs, which are only useful if I were gunning for an Olivia, and not the Dancer Festival kind). I did walk away with a 4 star Clair (there, that's all of Gaiden's/Echoes' Blue units), but my pity rate still remains at 3.75% as I dare not dive into that minefield (especially since I'm still short on Red Gaiden/Echoes units).

Curse Breaking Edit: Umpteenth time was the charm. Olivia mkII Get! I want at least one more Dancer so I'll pull again (at least I only need try for Blue and Green Orbs now). Of course she's +HP and -Spd which sucks (-Def would've been better, although she can at least live with -Spd since Dancing is her priority and she can still damage foes).

GHeB Double Edit: Beat Lunatic Arvis and got him for the upcoming T_T. Interesting side note is that Arvis also namedrops Maera, his ancestor from the Loptyr side of his family. Wasn't aware that he was aware of this particular lineage prior to the timeskip (or maybe it was Deirdre's full lineage he was unaware of at first), though maybe he took a look at his Holy Blood chart beforehand and didn't mention it during the game.

Holy Blood Edit: And done. That didn't take that long in the face of Mounted Emblem (and a fully upgraded Distant Def Seal). Didn't even need a Dancer or a Stamina Drink this time. Just a team of 5 star Blarblade Ursula with Reposition, Hone Cavalry Red Tomebreaker 2, and the Distant Def 3 Seal, 5 star Eliwood with Reposition, Deathblow 3 and Fortify Cavalry, 5 star Gronnblade Cecilia with Reposition, Triangle Adept 2 and Hone Cavalry and a 4 star Frederick with Draw Back, Fury 2 and Fortify Cavalry.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 12:21:24 PM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 19, 2017, 03:40:42 AM »
IS is being mean again. Ayra shares a banner with two oldies: Eldigan and Lachesis. So she's probably the fourth and final 5* 1,4x bonus unit.

1,2x will most likely be Eldigan, Lachesis, Arvis and the T_T reward Arden.

Shit.

But hey, you know how people sometimes say Arya instead of Ayra? Well, I got a 5* Tharja as free summon... Close enough....? Oh, and to add to the disappointment: she's -spd, +hp. She'll be fed to the next red mage that is either on a (flying) horse or has something like 35+ spd.

Oh, and my strategy for Arvis was: Klein, two of his wifes and Reinhardt do what they're good at. Klein and his harem would have been able to handle it on their own, but that would have taken longer. Would have been funny though. "Now, my turn." x4. ... And now I'm sad archers can't use Galeforce. That would have been hilarious.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 19, 2017, 03:53:48 AM »
My free attempt at the T_T banner got me... a 3* Frederick (no reds).
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #859 on: October 19, 2017, 06:22:37 AM »
IS is being mean again. Ayra shares a banner with two oldies: Eldigan and Lachesis. So she's probably the fourth and final 5* 1,4x bonus unit.

1,2x will most likely be Eldigan, Lachesis, Arvis and the T_T reward Arden.

Shit.

But hey, you know how people sometimes say Arya instead of Ayra? Well, I got a 5* Tharja as free summon... Close enough....? Oh, and to add to the disappointment: she's -spd, +hp. She'll be fed to the next red mage that is either on a (flying) horse or has something like 35+ spd.

Oh, and my strategy for Arvis was: Klein, two of his wifes and Reinhardt do what they're good at. Klein and his harem would have been able to handle it on their own, but that would have taken longer. Would have been funny though. "Now, my turn." x4. ... And now I'm sad archers can't use Galeforce. That would have been hilarious.

I'm loling so hard right now. I knew there was no way they were just going to hand out someone as busted as Ayra out without a fight. The fact that this makes all four 1.4xers Focus units is just icing on this shit cake (now lettuce watch as half of the T_T's Orb rewards get replaced with Sacred Coins).

And yeah, the 1.2x bonus units are Arvis, Arden, Eldigan and Lachesis. So have fun with that if you couldn't even fish up a 4 star Lachesis or an Eldigan prior to this.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #860 on: October 19, 2017, 06:38:11 AM »
*looks at Ayra and looks at wallet* Alright IS, you are on. >.>

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #861 on: October 19, 2017, 07:11:30 AM »
Definitely a dick move on IS's part. Introducing a really popular powercreeped new hero on a banner mixed with old heroes, one of whom can pity break her, a week after another banner she would've fit just fine on (all the while another limited-time banner with 4 really good dancers is running too). Personally I'd discourage rewarding such a dick move with more of your money, but whales gonna whale I guess. For my part I would've aimed for Sigurd over Ayra if they were on the same banner so I guess that's good for me?

My free pull was a 3* Hinata. Haven't see him in a while and I have like 10 heroes who need Fury so he's a welcome sight even at 3*.

Anyway Lunatic Arvis did give me a bit of trouble (because once again they want to challenge horse emblem with that one guy with the Horseslayer alongside all those trees on the map), but it was nothing that couldn't be brute forced by Nino. I 5*'d one of my Arvis...es after level rushing him through the Warriors maps. It will suck when we lose those, but Warriors maps don't give badges so if they stuck around long term we'd still feel it whenever we got around to forging our Sacred Seals.

Speaking of which, I finally decided on what I wanted to upgrade so I dumped my coins to get Distant Defense 3 and Panic Ploy 3. I'll probably upgrade Speed+1 next. In the meantime it's hilarious to stick Distant Defense 3 on Sigurd and watch him take single-digit damage from some blue mages.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 19, 2017, 05:37:50 PM »
I dropped my last 100 Orbs and only got Eldigan. Which, I'm kinda fine with because I like him and didn't have one yet. Still would have liked Ayra though. Ah well.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: October 19, 2017, 06:17:06 PM »
Definitely a dick move on IS's part. Introducing a really popular powercreeped new hero on a banner mixed with old heroes, one of whom can pity break her, a week after another banner she would've fit just fine on (all the while another limited-time banner with 4 really good dancers is running too). Personally I'd discourage rewarding such a dick move with more of your money, but whales gonna whale I guess. For my part I would've aimed for Sigurd over Ayra if they were on the same banner so I guess that's good for me?
Let's be honest here, had they done a banner with both Ayra and Sigurd on it, I would have whaled until one of them was +10. Splitting them up at least saves me from that horrible impulse. XD

Oh and my Ayra ended up being +Atk/-HP. Not sure whether that is her best stats or second best after +Spd/-HP. Either way I am content.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 19, 2017, 06:19:22 PM »
Good result @Ranadiel! :D

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: October 19, 2017, 11:01:37 PM »

My free pull was a 3* Hinata. Haven't see him in a while and I have like 10 heroes who need Fury so he's a welcome sight even at 3*.

Anyway Lunatic Arvis did give me a bit of trouble (because once again they want to challenge horse emblem with that one guy with the Horseslayer alongside all those trees on the map), but it was nothing that couldn't be brute forced by Nino. I 5*'d one of my Arvis...es after level rushing him through the Warriors maps. It will suck when we lose those, but Warriors maps don't give badges so if they stuck around long term we'd still feel it whenever we got around to forging our Sacred Seals.

Speaking of which, I finally decided on what I wanted to upgrade so I dumped my coins to get Distant Defense 3 and Panic Ploy 3. I'll probably upgrade Speed+1 next. In the meantime it's hilarious to stick Distant Defense 3 on Sigurd and watch him take single-digit damage from some blue mages.

If there's one upside to this latest bullshit, its that Ayra is the top of the mountain for me and will still be available from the general pool long after the dancers come and go (and they can't roll her out twice without getting into Seasonal Alts or Brave/Promoted variants; well, I mean aside from bringing out Ayra 2.0 (aka Larcei) during the FE4 Gen 2 month). Sucks that it means I'll have to suffer the extra T_T grind, but I survived Tellus' T_T, I'll survive this one too. Meanwhile all my orbs aside from the 15 or whatever for my stab at Ayra/Eldigan will be going into Dancer Banner (she'll pity break my heart eventually; it worked for Sonya and Mae, although I'm still waiting for Olwen).

What's really bothering me is the current slowdown in terms of events and such. Last two months had things like Sacred Seal quests, Training Tower quests, ReGHeBs, and some kind of event maps that still had Orbs (Warriors is nice, but they're also one time deals for Orbs and have been running for a very long time in terms of gametime; hopefully the next one will be another Artist's Team or something similarly amusing/out there). The silver lining here is that I'm done with every quest for October right now aside from daily shit and Tenth Stratum's Calvary quest (the latter of which is currently set to complete on Oct 31st, so its effectively done too), and I've been diving into my backlog of Squad Assaults and Chain Challenges for Orbs to pull with and to make use of my excess Stamina.

As for what to do with Seals, you mean you didn't cap Distant Def immediately? +6 damage reduction from all ranged bullshit (short of DC) is huge (Black Knight laughs at Archers who dare try to punch though his mighty +12 damage reduction only to eat a Black Luna for their troubles, and even Mages are afraid).

Anyways, I've also fully upgraded Breath of Life to 3 for the sake of having anyone sub in as a Combat Medic (or make some of my better Combat Medics downright hilarious; wish I had Linde to CM with +19 HP of healing to adjacent allies before other skills or buffs), and my next goal is Attack +3 for the sake of giving my Brave users a much needed powerboost.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: October 20, 2017, 05:05:30 AM »
I don't mind having a bit of "downtime" each month where there's nothing special going on, gives a bit of time to train up units you might have pulled (or just not play at all). I do wonder what new units we'll be getting next though. I want to say Radiant Dawn or Thracia 776 seem the most likely since they're still missing their lords (and just have very few units from them in general, though RD is a bit of a weird case since a ton of the cast there was returning cast from PoR). As much as I'd like to see some good new axe users in the form of Dagdar or Orsin, I'm expecting the former since we just got a bunch of Jugdral characters.

Anyway got 20 orbs so I guess I'll continue rolling on the Dancer banner.

Lucky spread of 1 Colorless and 3 Blue.

4* Kagero: +ATK -DEF, which if I'm not mistaken is one of the best sets on her. Might actually promote her then.
4* Reinhardt: Unfortunately wasted that IV roll on Kagero because this guy's -DEF +RES. Would've preferred it here to be honest. Oh well.
3* Jagen: If they release a few more units like Sigurd I bet a Ward/Fortify Cavalry team would be really annoying.
5* Shigure: Uh...wow. Did not expect this. Guess I should figure out how to build the guy. Since he's Neutral I'll probably Raventome him though.
Pulled the final orb because why not- 3* Gunter: Everyone tells me only scrubs abuse horse emblem but it's not my fault if the game keeps encouraging me.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: October 21, 2017, 02:55:38 PM »
What's really bothering me is the current slowdown in terms of events and such. Last two months had things like Sacred Seal quests, Training Tower quests, ReGHeBs, and some kind of event maps that still had Orbs (Warriors is nice, but they're also one time deals for Orbs and have been running for a very long time in terms of gametime; hopefully the next one will be another Artist's Team or something similarly amusing/out there). The silver lining here is that I'm done with every quest for October right now aside from daily shit and Tenth Stratum's Calvary quest (the latter of which is currently set to complete on Oct 31st, so its effectively done too), and I've been diving into my backlog of Squad Assaults and Chain Challenges for Orbs to pull with and to make use of my excess Stamina.

https://serenesforest.net/2017/10/21/heroes-developer-challenge-special-maps/

Askr and I shall receive.

Also some amusing images in the current face of things.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: October 21, 2017, 05:52:01 PM »

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: October 23, 2017, 12:10:46 AM »
I like Baby Draug lol
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D