Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 05:08:16 PM »
This is why I hate the AA so much. You really can't compete with full blown whales without becoming one and the gap only grows wider with the powercreep. I've also never made it into Rank 20 in the Arena for that same reason (but then, I'm fine with hanging out at Ranks 18 & 19 since I still get the 4 Orbs per season; it sucks that I miss out on a bunch of Feathers per week but there's really nothing to be done for it by now).

As for the T_T Feather Rank thing, the only time that was ever feasible was during the first or second T_T after they introduced the multiplier bonus and hadn't locked down the 40% bonus units to Banner units only. Since then, it became a total rat race and will never get better. Its why I've stopped placing in the 6k to 8k range for 3k to 4k since its only the offered rewards that are still still worth playing for (and why t_t's are just straight up superior experiences anyways, you get all the offered rewards for investing only half of the time/stamina into the mode).

As for SS bets (because there's almost no chance that this isn't going to be a SS themed banner), I'm going the contrary route and pick Fado, Ismaire and Hayden.

For cool witch grandmas, sadly Niime is currently the only one in the series. The closest alternatives are Genealogy's Hilda and Fate's Areta (neither of whom are cool or playable, plus one's only a grandma on a massive technicality on top of being a water zombie). SS has one, but is an NPC and the rest are all thousand year old prepubescent anime dragon girls. I guess you could make one out of Lissa, Sakura, Elise or any other Gen 1 pairable Kozaki female given the multi-generation mechanics and the Avatar of both games having no reservations in regards to robbing the Hyperbolic Time Chamber cradle (with a bonus of making Fates ladies into actual Witches), but that practice is strictly forbidden.

But yeah, FE6 has been ignored for far too long despite having one of the largest and most diverse rosters in the series (not including multiple generation shenanigans or stupidity like Radiant Dawn or New Mystery). Sadly, I can't see Merlinus winning, if, for no other reason, than because of suffering from Split Vote issues (same reason why Marth and Corrin aren't going to win either despite being the only Smash Represented characters left).
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 03:37:54 PM »
Wild Arms 2  - Defeated Grauswein. Went to the volcano, and got the dragon Gundam ship. Cleared one of the Ray points (the fire one), but decided to go exploring and hit up all the green blips on the map/radar. Stumbled upon Crimson Castle and got the eccentric vampire girl in the party. I have yet to see her value in battle, but she did help me find the black market when I went to go change her name again. I then bought 99 big berries, and promptly kicked Tim out of the battle party.
I'm too stupid to figure out the deal with the werewolf's Den...
Currently checking out (what I assume are) other optional places.

EDIT: Came to find out that Vampire girl learns enemy skills. Neat.

Marivel is the main reason why you want to hold off on grinding Tim's GFs too much since it takes some time to track down the enemies she can learn her abilities from (and since you're fighting random mooks anyways, you can take out two birds with one stone; three if you want to get randy and have Kanon come along to try to proc her own abilities). Incidentally, beyond Lilika and the endless supply of Big Berries, Marivel is the other reason why Tim has such a hard time standing out since she's a better Mage as well as requiring less of a grind (if you're using a guide since a lot of her shit is hidden) to get going. Although really, the game really wasn't designed to have three goddamn magic users running around in it, so they all kinda come off as samey in the end.

As for the Werewolf's Den, it requires using Earthquake in a specific location to open up. Ashley gets a neat, if not a particularly useful toy for his Knight Blazer for your efforts.
General Discussions / Re: What's your Favourite Garbage Food?
« Last post by Frostillicus on Today at 03:25:55 PM »
7 layer dip flavored Combos. Can't get enough of the damn things.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Frostillicus on Today at 01:52:09 PM »
Wild Arms 2  - Defeated Grauswein. Went to the volcano, and got the dragon Gundam ship. Cleared one of the Ray points (the fire one), but decided to go exploring and hit up all the green blips on the map/radar. Stumbled upon Crimson Castle and got the eccentric vampire girl in the party. I have yet to see her value in battle, but she did help me find the black market when I went to go change her name again. I then bought 99 big berries, and promptly kicked Tim out of the battle party.
I'm too stupid to figure out the deal with the werewolf's Den...
Currently checking out (what I assume are) other optional places.

EDIT: Came to find out that Vampire girl learns enemy skills. Neat.
The episode of Star Trek Discovery this week really blew me away. Only wish it was longer because only when it was over did I realize it only ran about 35 minutes. I suppose it's a good thing that they have episodes only last as long as they need to on streaming services like this.

I had my gripes here and there with the first half of the season and I wasn't too keen on the promises of the second half from the first episode, but I really think the show has hit a stride and I can't wait to see where it goes.
« Last post by Hathen on Today at 10:35:26 AM »
Oh yeah, dunno how I forgot about Tobin/Clive. I mean, I guess there's always the possibility they'd just add certain Tempest units onto banners in the future, it wouldn't really be that different from how they add the seal rewards onto the Forge so they don't have to repeatedly introduce them.

Quests for CC/SA today but they're pretty easy, restricted to the early ones as far as I can tell (and even if it was the later ones, you can "solve" those two modes so if you've beaten it once before it's only a matter of figuring it out again). Kinda funny they're forcing everyone to clear the Lunatic mode for Chapter 1&2 though since that's a lot of peoples' favorite place to grind HM in between events. Personally I just go for the Training Tower since Grand Seals actually have a use now.

Anyway more looking forward to tomorrow's reset because we'll probably get info on the new character banner. Place your bets on who's going to show up.

As for CYL2 Electric Boogaloo, I think I'll be splitting my votes between Gonzales and Merlinus. I guess you can say they're throwaway votes but as far as I recall we haven't had a single new FE6 character since the game started outside of Zephiel, so I'm hoping I can up the chances of quasimodo making it in whenever it happens (Niime would be kinda cool too, how many cool witch grandmas do we have in the series?). Merlinus is probably just a meme vote, but I really wonder what they'd do if someone like him won.

So for any of you who ever even thought of getting to top 1k in TT- don't. This is probably the first and last time I'll actually aim for doing this. By the end I did maintain rank 500 or so but it was pretty annoying to stay there and my score was up to about 170k. My rank was dropping at a non-insignificant pace near the end too. A single stamina potion might make you jump several thousand ranks when you're down at rank 20000 or whatever, but by the time you make it to around the top 5k you climb slower and slower and by the end one potion might take you from rank 1500 or 1300 or something like that (I still have a stockpile of like 300 of the damn things though). More importantly if you want a safe bet at holding onto your rank you pretty much have to play up till the daily reset.

This reset I once again dropped below rank 5k on Arena Assault despite getting perfect wins still. I 5*'d a Sheena and I'm pondering if I should upgrade a bunch of her now to merge up to set my Arena score higher. There's not much else I can do to increase my score without magically pulling multiple copies of some good 5*. The best FTP choice for Arena scoring will probably remain Draug/Wendy or Effie/Sheena for the foreseeable future, and I already have one of that trio at 5*+5. It just that it continues to suck using melee armors without Distant Counter when horses run wild. All the buffs they keep giving to armors won't do shit for FTPs if they constantly wall it behind limited time 5* units or PRF weapons on 5* exclusives.

Also since I merged all my Effies it means my Sheena doesn't have access to Wary Fighter at the moment. Though I could make her eat a Zephiel maybe. Hate killing limited units though.
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 04:40:20 AM »
Belated, but the voting has started (as of Sunday night, my internet was of a down for most of Monday). And yes, they totally retired Lyn, Ike, Lucina, Roy, Masked Marth and the other Ike so no new non-seasonal outfits for them again (and no, the Heroes selection doesn't include seasonal variants, so no voting on Bunny Lucina or Bride Lyn either). You can vote for the Runners Up club in case you didn't get enough Lute, Joshua, Mia's fashion sense, or Poisoned Mutton Wife Beater (although, if you are going to vote for Dorcas, be a pal and also vote for his good buddy Arden; don't be like that Sigurd jerk who doesn't vote for his good buddies, that guy can go die in a fire).

Ended up with 52k by the end of the t_t, but didn't make it up to the 4k mark (again because of that internet outage, at least I didn't leave any Orbs lying on the table again).

And of course, they've started offering quests for the CC/SAs. Ick.

Upgraded some weapons while I was at it. Now Frederick has 43 Def before buffs (but after Fury 2) to help him punch out Red Armors, Effie has a much more respectable 37 Def to actually tank with, and Sanaki now has a Prf with a non-redundant effect on it and wants to suddenly hang out with Tana or whomever has the Guiding Seal.

And finally pulled for some New Years luck and found another goddamn Gaiden pitybreaker (Leon, whom I already have at +Atk/-HP, didn't even have the decency to be Faye).

I'll be happy to be wrong, but I seriously doubt we'll see any rate adjusting anytime soon, especially not on the anniversary with 3 major banners dropping soon to drain our orbs (New SS probably, legendary, and probably-valentines for February event).

I was planning on saving for the legendary banner but I might once again get baited by new characters. Lyon for free will be nice (red tome I'm guessing, given Raigh's place). I'll agree the tt will probably give more Joshua since its probably a bad idea to set a precedent of more than one potential Tempest reward character per game unless they start running micro TTs or something. Good luck getting extra copies of whoever ends up being Thracia's TT character (bets are on Eyvel so she won't overlap Leif's red slot on the banner when it comes).

Anyway I'm confident we'll be getting L'arachel and Myrrh on the banner. Guessing the third will be Marisa or Cormag.

I somewhat hope the new CYL will remove previous winners myself, although that wouldn't stop us from having a chance at a 15th Event Camilla or whatever. Reinhardt and Bartre are our local memes now but I don't know if that can overcome regular old popularity.

Also I'm going a bit nuts with my Hero Merit grinding this tt since I have a full team of bonus units. I might actually make it into the top 1000 if I keep it up. Totally worth that extra 4* promotion.

I wouldn't worry about T_T reward unit precedent. Gaiden/Echoes already got two with Tobin and Clive, and the Ayra thing punking the other expectations. The only expectation now is to pull like a bitch for a 40% unit or suffer the added grind of being locked to a 20%/no bonus characters.

That said, I'd be down for an Eyvel T_T reward unit. She's both cool and good and would avoid making the rest of Thracia's banner 3 Reds and a Colorless (you know its going to be Leif, Nanna, and Mareeta, Finn will end up showing up alongside his Leonster buddies Cuan and Ethlyn or his Gen 2 Babysitter's Club members Oifey and Shannan). But alas, there's a good chance that the Marty Party will roll into town one of these days.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)
« Last post by Isjaki on Yesterday at 08:09:56 PM »
Also, they went and made Ursula's A-Rank Affinity unobtainable (even more so than it already was at least).

That was a slog. What did they end up doing to it?
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ys VIII
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM »
If NIS America is willing to pay them more money to localize their games, then Falcom will likely not switch.  After all, the market they're concerned about is Japan.  They don't seem to care much for the wider market.
Binge-watched Season 1 & 2 of Bravest Warriors on Youtube, as well as the first episode of Season 3. When I got to season 3, I figured I'd save it for later, since well...I just binge-watched 2 full seasons. Gotta save something for tomorrow.

Then I found out Seasons 3 & 4 are only on VRV. That site runs like crap on my PS4, and it has next to nothing that I couldn't get elsewhere. I think Season 3 at least is available for free, but the site also ran some of the most obnoxious ads I had ever seen the last time I tried it, and most of them were for its own content. Yeah. Can't say I'm sold. I'll probably look elsewhere, like I did for HarmonQuest. (I also finished season 2 of that last week, btw. Good stuff. Really curious to see where it goes in Season 3, if that's actually happening?)

At least what I saw was really good. It's short, but got a lot of humor and a surprisingly intriguing story packed into it. Like the best parts of Futurama back-to-back, no filler. I don't watch cartoons much anymore, but I'm glad I saw that one, at least.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10