Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1410 on: February 02, 2019, 04:33:49 AM »
A lot going on, but the most important thing is that Feh got to eat cake this year.

CYL: Camilla was gonna win eventually so whatever, but holy crap I did not expect Eliwood to overtake Marth, and it wasn't even a small margin or anything, he was over 10,000 votes ahead. Guess all the FE7 fans really did all go in hard for Eliwood. Makes me think next year Ninian might actually have a pretty decent shot too.

Surprise FEH channel: I'm counting 3 free 5*s being handed out to us alongside a lot of free pulls like last year, which is neat and all, but content-wise I feel like the game is still going to be in something of a drought. I already pulled on the 2017 seasonal banner myself- a Red orb didn't show up for me of course, so I pulled colorless and got a second copy of Halloween Jakob (+DEF -SPD). He's crap for SI but he's a solid unit, and soon I can get rid of flaws so I have a choice of +RES from my first one or +DEF from the new one, so it could be a lot worse. Like another fucking Summer Gaius (yes I'm still slightly butthurt about that). I don't know what I'll pick for the 2018 seasonal banner, but Red or Green looks to be the highest value for me.

I also pulled on the first daily banner, and instead of getting another copy of Minerva, I got like my 12th copy of Brave Ike. I mean, I'm definitely not gonna complain about free Steady Breath fodder, but I think I'm good on Steady Breath for the next year or so.

So it looks like they took the feedback from A Hero Rises last year, since this new voting thing is basically that, except split by color so more people are likely to get what they want. Unlike last year there's crazy pileup value on basically every color though. Last year LIke, Hector, and WTharja battled it out on top because DC/CC/Breath were really rare and really good A slots, but since then there's been crazy powercreep and tons of new skill classes added to the game, so it's gonna be hard to choose. Another factor is that this year we'll be getting a banner for the chosen heroes on top of getting one of them for free, so how limited a unit is is also going to factor in a lot more (getting a Legendary on a normal banner is pretty useful for sniping purposes). IMO the frontrunners for each color are:

Red: Hrid, Tibarn, Hoshidan Micaiah
Blue: LAzura, Nailah
Green: Lector, Surtr
Colorless: Duma, BVeronica, maybe Halloween Mia

Actually now that I look at it, it's pretty conspicuous that not a single Gen 1 unit would probably warrant a vote. The only units that have kinda aged well SI-wise are Hector and BIke (if you count him as a Gen 1 unit even). BIke gets re-run all the time so there's less urgency to get him, and no reason to vote for Hector over his numerous superior alts.

No clue when the next patch will hit, but given that we have an oddly longer Aether Raids season and the significant changes being made thereof, probably enough reason to assume it's coming on Tuesday or Wednesday next week. From what I can tell the AR changes make it so that it's easier to for most players to advance to Tier 21 eventually, but they also increase the incentive to whale because of the extra Tiers added and how it resets everyone above 21 back down to 21 every single week. That and Dragonflowers are now rewarded from AR which again forces people to play the mode even if they hate it. People who wanted reduced Aether costs got their monkey paw wish.

At least the merge change is upon us so that's nice. I don't know how to feel about Dragonflowers honestly, from what they showed it looks to be really, really grindy, and that was one thing I felt like FEH at least didn't fall victim to as much as a lot of other mobile games did. The extra all-around stats is going to be really nice for those balanced units like Roy or Fjorm, but I can't help but feel that Gen 1 BST units probably deserved another 5 levels on top of that (Mia and Athena both qualify for 10 levels for instance, and Mia is just straight up better than Athena). It's probably still not enough to save trashy units like Matthew or Raigh, but it's something. Refines are probably still bigger game-changers for old units, so I hope this patch isn't going to be lacking those in exchange for this Dragonflower update.

Also Team Ethlyn unfortunately got nuked by a double bonus at the end, so I'm on Team Cherche now since I don't have any of the other units.

Refinery Edit: Count em, eight refines this time. I don't think they'll keep up this rate of adding Refines but I certainly hope they will, I doubt it takes that much dev time. Among them is the long-awaited base Durandal refine for Eliwood (he's been having a pretty good time this past month). The others are Nino, Seth, Amelia, Tharja, Niles, Hinata and Oboro.

Nino getting a Prf is something I've wanted for a while. Yeah she doesn't really need it and it'll probably only be a sidegrade to her standard Bladetome, but since I gave my Nino G Duel Infantry it will be appreciated if only for Arena scoring shenanigans on my part.

Keeping my expectations in check for Seth given what they ended up giving Titania. Honestly a Tactics refine wouldn't even be that bad, it would make him always useful at least, but he probably wouldn't rock a Gem weapon as well as Titania because she has the even statline to make the most of it, while Seth dumps RES for the rest of his statline.

I fully expect Amelia to get some stupidly busted weapon since she's the 5*-locked pick of the group. How about a Draug/Effie refine next, budget armor emblem could really use it especially since the 2 Adrift Corrins actually will have the same stat total as them after Dragonflower stupidity.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 11:30:04 PM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 03, 2019, 08:28:16 PM »
So of course FEH has to end its yearly content drought in a flood of bullshit (on top of running it alongside a T_T, a VG and a Mythic Banner/Battle) so I've been splitting my time between trying to keep on top of all that while dissecting the CYL3 results.

I'm still trying to dissect the CYL3 results. They're fairly interesting, even if 'the more things change, the more they stay the same' is in full effect with them.

As for the FEH channel, the biggest update was our new castle grounds.

As for the 'Build your own Special Banner', I'm glad we're getting this over having yet another set of whale bait shoved down our throats (especially considering that January had two the things and December only had its winter special banner going for it; February going the same route would've been hell).

Plus lmao at anything having to do with this AR revision. That whole mode just needs to die in a fire. It encourages toxicity in every aspect and having to play more of it is hot shit. Them nerfing the Defensive Maps just means I'm going to have to run double Duma and suck it up on the off week.

The Dragonflowers themselves are also more bad than good since they don't address the two main issues of the power creep (i.e. skill availability and optimized stat spreads) while letting whales have even more leverage against other players since they won't affect match making. And yeah, unless they typo'd the cutoff point for which infantry units get the full +10 effect, lol at units like Ophelia, Loki and Laevatein getting an extra +5 merge on top of their already ridiculous stat spreads. Also not a fan of the fact that Heroic Ordeal D.Flower rewards diminish the longer a given character's been out.

For VG R2, I went with Leif, but I should've gone with Cherche because running a Red unit in a VG is suffering.

And my free 5 star pull was bullshit that only gave me a choice between Green and Colorless, so I ended up pulling a second Nohrzura (+HP/-Spd) to feed my original Nohrzura to do away with her Atk flaw (watch as next week I end up with the second banner having to chose between Red.

Also, looks like we've got a bunch of new weapon forges coming down the pipeline for a lot of project characters. Seth, Hinata, Tharja, Oboro, Amelia, Nino and Niles all get new prfs while Eliwood gets an alternate upgrade to his Durandal. Kinda peeved that neither Selena nor Beruka are getting in on the action.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 04, 2019, 01:36:09 AM »
Holy shit, the fine text of A Hero Rises 2.0 basically says that after the 4 units are voted for, the free one you get is random from the 4 rather than the color you want. On balance this actually makes it worse than last year, because at least everyone who wanted Ike (ie plurality of voters) got to have what they wanted. This new version means a flat 75% of the playerbase won't roll what they want.

Alongside the fact that Dragonflowers decay over time (not insignificantly either, Eir gives like 40 flowers and Alfonse gives like 2 according to the channel, which is laughable when they also showed that it takes like 600 flowers to max out a unit), it's hard to believe IS isn't doing this shit on purpose.

EDIT: RIP in peace Cherche. Don't have a bonus unit anymore but I'll join in Owain because whacking Corrin will never not be fun.

Luck Streak Edit: Another 60 Orbs into the Legendary banner, and I've gotten more crappy fodder, but no 5*s. The Seliph and co. banner decided to flood me with Reds but no Greens- then it decided to give me a second copy of Mia (+ATK -HP). Well, flaw negation is only a few days away, she's another lucky winner alongside that Minerva I pulled a few days back.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 03:04:15 AM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 05, 2019, 02:29:09 AM »
Yeah, I saw that fine print too and have summarily decided to vote Ayra, all day, erry day. She's not going to win but somewhere, somebody's gonna keep a record of the final score, thus giving me the last laugh (or as much as one as I can get short of uninstalling the game and deleting my account's data).

Its as I've been saying since at least November, Int Syst has finally gone full whaler on us, and having done that, FEH's days are numbered. It won't make it past 2019, especially since we can't really expect them to acknowledge the current complaints players have with the game, nevermind the ones that'll spring up from whatever 'fixes' they offer to us (for a nominal fee) six months down the line for all the crap from before AR broke the game.

That being said, the CYL3 numbers aren't the worst case scenario (although they don't exactly instill me with hope, but I've yet to finish my study on them to see if there really is any hope at all), so I'm probably going to coast on into March's Binding Blade Banner since January's Laguz Banner was actually really good and sorely needed. Of course if BBB's loadout turns out to be alts of Roy, Lilina and Fae, I'm out and done.

Also, I take back my previous statement in regards to D. Flowers. They're pure trash. The one redeeming value I was thinking they had (i.e. making dealing with PvE challenges slightly easier) is going to go in the opposite direction (watch as Abyssals and Infernals start expecting you to sport teams of +5/+10 D. Boosts to clear them). It won't affect older challenges, but this doesn't help anybody who needed it and instead just makes things worse.

And since we're doing the daily freebies thing again, I'll list mine so far:

Day 1 4 star Caeda
Day 2 4 star Setsuna
Day 3 3 star Fir
Day 4 4 star Selena
Day 5 4 star Lukas
Day 6 3 star Draug
Day 7 3 star Sheena
Day 8 3 star Fae
Day 9 3 star Lon'qu
Day 10 4 star Arthur
Day 11 3 star Gaius

Also we've some new seasonal silhouettes to mull over. Granted these two are almost definitely Seliph and Ike which is interesting given that both don't have obvious pairing options unlike last year's V Day banner (it'd get mighty awkward if Julia shares this banner with Seliph, and his next most likely pairing would be Lana, who ranked 526 in CYL1, 601 in CYL2 and 518th in CYL3; and which of Ike's husbands would get the remaining alt? Soren's most likely due to already being in, but Ranulf can now get in which would be nice if a bit awkward having our sixth beast be a seasonal alt, and if nothing else, there's always Sothe, father of Ike's children, but watch Elincia get in on Hetro privilege; alternatively they could be Sigurd and Greil who both have definite pairings and be a good (*gasp*) seasonal banner).

Edit: Well, at least I was half right. And hey, playable Greil (yeah yeah, seasonal alt and all that), and bonus points for a free Titania to go with Greil and a Soren to go with Ike. But where the hell is Elena and Boyd?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:22:28 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 05, 2019, 11:24:09 PM »
Ike has finally been tainted by seasonal alt fever after 2 years of being the pure husbando. Also surprising how middling these units are in terms of skills, but I actually mean that in a good way. Probably done specifically to reduce the salt coming out of how terrible the anniversary celebration is.

Also I put more orbs into the Mythic banner and didn't even get a pity breaker for my troubles. Sucks to leave my 10% pity rate on the table, but I'm not going to get bamboozled into spending money.

On the other hand, the FE5 daily banner spat out a free 5* Reinhardt (normal version) for me. Of course he's still -ATK, but it's a free merge so I guess I can't complain. Would be nice if my luck wasn't focused into getting me shitty pity breakers on these free pulls instead of on the Mythic banner.

At least Corrin got bonked in the VG finals. Gotta take your victories where you have them.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 06, 2019, 07:19:53 AM »
At least Genealogy is still pure and alt free.

Incidentally, I was just thinking about what a Fury 4 would look like. It would be great to inherit on Eldigan or Bartre for Fury 7 (and they really need to get off their asses and make a Fury seal already dammit). Meanwhile VIke's presenting a second source of Special Fighter (as if we needed more of that going around), and the other three are Horse Tomes (and getting Titania as a T_T means we don't have to rely on the Gatcha for OG Leo or Eirika II anymore; whether that's a good thing or not remains to be seen though).

As for those CYL3 results I've been looking at thus far, the numbers have been turning out in an interesting way (albeit not in a good way). For instance, overall Fates is down from last year, but only by 470 votes, however if you removed Camilla from both lists, the difference would increase by 18k+ votes. Whereas Thracia did worse this year, even though everyone but Reinhardt, Olwen and Glade (and Leif, Finn and Nanna but their votes got merged with their Genealogy selves) did either roughly the same or better, since Reinhardt alone dropped 5k points which more than obliterated the gains the rest of the game saw. Gaiden did better this year, but again, Alm so concentrated the vote this year that he scored 20 votes less than his CYL2 self, Celica, Berkut & Rinea combined, most every other Gaiden character did worse this year. Tellius made some big gains this year overall, and even with Miccy hogging all the votes for herself, the numbers generally went up. The rest of Jugdral did better too, even if half its gains could be attributed to Sigurd's and Seliph's superior performance this year alone.

I haven't gotten around to deciphering Awakening's, Elibe's or Archanea's performances yet, but the general trend is clear this year. Everyone voted along their party lines', but overall more people were casting votes towards future Legendary/Mystic desires and characters not yet in over the ones currently available, at least up until the mid term results happened and then everybody started voting on their race horse.

The other damming conclusion that I don't want to make right now, but is looking increasingly inevitable is that despite the mass player exodus, the voting numbers would appear to be even higher than last year's. Which means that Int Syst doubling down on their whaling harpoons is their best option as they're never getting those filthy casuals back. Unfortunately because of these CYL numbers not diminishing (at least not that I can see yet), it means that my prediction that this game won't last past 2019 won't happen. It'll take another full year of this non-sense to drive the dolphins and some of the less heavily invested whales out, but the Wailords won't be going anywhere outside of the game failing their mobage endgame cravings hard.

Edit: (Alternatively, Three Houses might drop along the way and inject another 2 years of lifeblood into FEH, especially if it gets the Echoes treatment. Admittedly, while I have been mulling over the numbers, I kinda forgot all about 3Hs. Can you blame me!?)

3.2.0 Edit: As I was afraid of, Eliwood's DuranDurandal upgrade is a sidegrade to Blazing Durandal at best. He gains Death Blow 3 as his built in upgrade + Swift Sparrow 2 and HP + 3 as his refine over Blazing's Heavy Blade 3 and Atk + 3. Amelia's refine makes her Sanic Fast and even tankier to boot if she triggers a buff like Armored Movement. Tharja and Nino both get Blade refines (finally allowing for it lol), with Tharja's specific refine giving her Threaten Atk/Spd 2 and Nino gains Even Atk Wave 3, Hinata gains Sturdy Stance 2 on his new Prf with an additional Fury 3 on refine, Seth and Oboro just gain better versions of their Prfs with Seth gaining Spd Tactics 3 and Oboro gaining Close Def 3, and Niles gains a Shining Bow effect on his Killer Prf plus Flashing Blade 3.

Dragon Flower usage indicate that units that gain +10 DF upgrades start at 10 Flowers at level 1 whereas units limited to only +5 need 40 Flowers to start. Incidentally, if you merge two units with DF upgrades, you lose the lesser of the DF upgrade values. Running a Heroic Trial also gives that particular unit a one-time massive stat buff (+10 HP/+4 across the board) for the remainder of the day, just to further complicate things.

As for Merges, Netural Eliwood gains +1 HP, Spd and Res and Netural Cecilia gains +1 HP, Atk and Res. Camus gains +1 HP, Atk and Spd; Joshua gains +1 HP, Spd and Def; Burger King gains +1 HP, Atk and Def; Masked Marth gets +1 HP, Atk and Spd; Xander gets +1 HP, Atk and Def; Aversa gains +1 HP, Atk and Spd and so on.... Looks like I may finally want to switch out my current Eliwood and Cecilia for ones with Boons/Banes (its going to cost me 9999 SP to do that for either, oh well).

Somewhere in March, there's a plan to increase Inheritance from 3 to 4 skills. Be aware.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:33:07 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 07, 2019, 03:12:46 AM »
RIP in peace anybody who foddered a Nailah for NullC3 or DC+NullC2, especially the latter.

IMO you're not giving Durandal++ enough credit. Even though I would've liked for them to do something more Enemy Phase centered like Fierce Breath to capitalize on Eliwood's RES (at least I didn't give my Eliwood DC yet) and just do something different in general, the refine Eliwood got is potentially the best of the bunch this time. It might actually be a straight upgrade over Blazing Durandal, and as a bonus a budget build might actually be the best one for it.

Blazing Durandal was always built as more of a Player Phase weapon so Durandal++ is just turning that up to 11. Seal slot is pretty much reserved for Heavy Blade in the case of Durandal++, but they actually haven't really put many strong player phase skills in the seal slot yet. The upcoming Darting Blow would probably be best, so comparing Blazing Durandal + Fury + Darting Blow vs Durandal++ + Fury + Heavy Blade is basically comparing 6ATK/9SPD vs 13ATK/7SPD, and I know which one I'd take. I choose Fury over Swift Sparrow for two reasons: Recoil to get Eliwood into desperation, and extra visible RES so you can ploy. Eliwood+10 with Fury has 39 visible RES, which is probably enough to ploy everything you'd want to.

I did not expect Nino and Tharja to get to keep their Blade effects, but I'm definitely not going to complain. The only thing is now I have to decide if I want Odd ATK Wave or Even SPD Wave on Nino's C slot. Gonna be a real PitA to get either one of those though.

Hinata's base weapon fits his stat spread so he can tank all the things, but I still kinda hate Fury as an extra effect because it so often knocks you out of stuff like QR range, which is something most tanks want to keep.

Oboro's weapon has basically the same issue as Florina's, where it's a pretty good weapon on its own, but now you have to decide if you want to narrow but improve your matchups.

Niles gets to have an essay on his weapon, and it's pretty cool. Just sucks that now it's probably counterproductive to go for his ATK superboon instead of trying to make sure his Flashing Blade goes off.

Finally, I'm pretty sure IS is trying to troll the shit out of Jagen archetype fans since Seth is now Titania 2.0. Except he's probably way worse in that role than she is because Seth doesn't have the more even DEF/RES Titania has, which goes well with a Gem weapon. I think Seth might actually still get killed by buffed up Green mages which is pretty bad. At least he got the most premium Tactic skill and he'll be decent at killing Surtr I guess?

Also unfortunately my somewhat good luck on free pulls did not register on the daily Hector banner. Fucking FEH, if you're gonna spook me at least do it with someone good for once.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 07, 2019, 08:53:28 AM »
The problem I have with Duran Durandal is that Eliwood's base Atk (31) isn't that good on its own (although now with the new merging mechanic, I can push it to 34 without having to take a hit else) and for Heavy Blade to work, he needs to have a higher listed Atk over his opponent (things like Hone Cavalry or Atk Wave that leave blue numbers work, things like Goad Cavalry, Drives and Blows don't). So Duran Durandal gives him a far better PP, at the expense of EP which is a problem as Eliwood can EP (and sometimes should EP when dealing with those pesky Dragons/Armors with Vengeful Fighter to avoid triggering their Specials).

Sure, you can give him Atk +3/Fury 3 in his A slot and Heavy Blade in his Seal slot, but the thing I appreciated with regards to Blazing Durandal is that built in Heavy Blade freeing up the Seal for someone else when running an Atk heavy team. Another compromise is running Heavy Blade in Eliwood's A slot (which would cost a Jamke) and an Atk +3 seal in his Seal slot, but that's a bit inefficient.

The reason why I'm going over all of this is because I gave Eliwood Galeforce during Larth's Abyssal to help clear it and I find my discount Brave Roy + Res just manages to hit the Atk threshold needed to trigger Heavy Blade in many cases where he needs it, and having the flexibility to run Quicken Pulse to help him trigger GF is a big help to him. I also prefer to keep my Heavy Blade Seal on Cordelia since she wants to run Triangle Adept in her A slot for her own GF shenanigans.

But yeah, no arguments that Eliwood scored big on his refine overall. Possibly running Swift Sparrow 5 is hilarious in its own right, or going all in on Atk to PP +16 Atk and +4 Spd for maximum shitwrecking is also a solid option. It just doesn't really synergize with what I've been doing with the guy.

Tharja also did pretty well since she needed the extra help in regards to her Spd. Nino profits from her refine best when she's with her Waifu Eirika since she can finally return the favor, otherwise the self buff is appreciated but not particularly interesting since she could've inherited Even Atk Wave from Legault.

Its amusing that they're offering a refine to Oboro now, as I just got finished setting up my 5 star Silas who's base stat line is roughly identical to hers, except that he comes with better skills and +1 move.

Hinata and Seth sure got refines alright. At least Seth's helps to drag his Atk out of the dumpster. Niles did alright I guess, considering that he's Niles and had massive issues since day 1.

As for our next banner's stats, Titania may be free, but she's generally a weaker but Res heavier Mage Eirika, Ike is Sanic fast (38 Spd at base) and an otherwise solid Infantry stat spread (wait, he's an Armor?), Greil has HUGE muscles with 41 base Atk (tied with Spoopy Dorcas at the highest base in the game; and then he can go even higher with a Superboon) and is otherwise your typical Armor, Mist is a faster Cecilia without Def and less Res, and Soren's Blue Mist.

Also yeah, Darting Blow Seal is bonkers for certain builds and Aerobatics on a Seal make Fliers on mixed teams even more annoying.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 07, 2019, 06:30:45 PM »
If I'm not mistaken Goads, Drives, and Blows actually do get factored in for stuff like Heavy Blade, so the refine is still better than you probably think. Generally speaking I think the only things that ignore those are things that occur on the map or things that specifically say they don't- IE Ploys, Chills, Opening, and AoE specials. It's why Tibarn is quickly becoming one of my most hated units to face in Arena- I can't do shit to him with budget armor emblem because I don't have armor march, and I can't bait him because even if I try to debuff him, Sturdy Impact + Hawk King Claw + Chill Attack guarantees that he'll double Wary Fighter Effie with Heavy Blade going off and get instant Galeforce to kill someone. Hopefully he'll be easier to deal with now that he's not a bonus unit though.

You're right that the Heavy Blade seal is heavily contested though, so full Galeforce teams probably still prefer Eliwood to use the Blazing variant.

Nino's refine effect is kinda redundant since people were generally running her with a buffing team anyway, but it's still nice for cases where I've sent her across the map and end the turn with nobody next to her. Honestly the base Prf Bladetome with no cooldown penalty alone would've been good enough, the only reason Odin's Grimoire got to have a crazy useful refine on top of it is because it was being used by one of the worst units in the whole game.

Also lol @ Armored Ike being way faster than normal Ike.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 08, 2019, 06:42:26 AM »
Its amusing to me that everybody with a Bladetome has finally gotten either a buffed Bladetome or Prf alternative *sideeyes Tome of Thoron* given how cagey they were with them when they first started implementing weapon refines. That M!Robin's (and by association F!Robin's) Raventome have gotten a boost as well is also a sign of the times.

Also, the Heroic Ordeals seem to be divided based upon Book implementations with 2 Dragon F.s for units released prior to Fjorm and the start of Book 2 (all the way up to Joshua), 8 Dragon F.s for units released from Fjorm to just before Eir starting off Book 3 (ranging from Rhajat to Hrid) and 40 from Eir to today's releases. The question remains on whether the cutoff points will move over time or will they only adjust with Book 4 (and in the case of the former, in what increments).

Meanwhile, the devs seem to be at least semi merciful this time around as the AR rewards for Dragon F.s start at 20 per session at rank 1 and increment every four ranks to rank 21's 34 Dragon F.s, before ratcheting by rank up to 40 at the top tier. So its not quite the whale privilege that Forging Stones/Divine Dew are at least.

As for that Where's Askr? mini game, I've finished casting my 12 votes with a top time of 13 sec. How did you do?

And for the latest banner, I've finally hit upon some luck in chasing some of the these seasonals down. I'm now rocking a +Def/-Atk ValenSoren and a +HP/-Atk ValenMist (I did only say 'some luck') in 60ish Orbs. That's at least +80 F.s to give to my good horses.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 04:45:19 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 09, 2019, 02:28:46 AM »
I honestly stopped keeping track of how I was doing on the Where's Waldo minigame, but I know once they changed it to Feh it became laughably easy and you could finish it in 15 seconds or less, easy. All my votes went to Nailah, if the pick is going to random at least make it so that all 4 are super premium skill fodder. LAzura's a good unit but her fodder is actually kinda bad unless you really want a Blue Flier in Arena.

Also lots of free pulls today but every single one screwed me. On both the free seasonal 2.0 banner and Ike/Soren BHB Rerun I got no Red orbs to pick from despite the fact that any other time you're constantly flooded with the damn things. Ended up getting Summer Cordelia as my free seasonal pick which is basically the only thing I didn't want from blue because she has basically nothing useful to fodder. At least she came as +ATK/-DEF which is kinda decent I guess. My other 2 free pulls were trashy 3*s as per usual.

February Calendar is out at least, and as it turns out we actually are getting New Heroes this month, as well as a new GHB. Place your bets on who it might be, I'm guessing it's going to be another Fates banner including Selkie, because they probably mistakenly thought the Anniversary gifts was going to actually calm us before continuing their typical cycle.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:30:43 AM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 09, 2019, 04:55:34 AM »
At least if we do get Fates beasts, it'll still be an improvement over the last several months (barring Beasts banner 1) since nothing but OCs, Seasonals, the same Fates Royals for the 5th time was garbage. (Fake Edit: Oh god. If we finally get some goddamn info in regards to Three Houses this month, they could be shoved in here. That would almost be too stupid, and couldn't possibly happen though. Right???)

As for my second 5 star pull, at least this time I got one of the colors I wanted to pull from and got a NY Fjorm out of the deal. +Res/-HP which is rather meh, but she's at least 40 DFs for one of my good fliers (plus a second Flying Bow user wouldn't be all that bad, even if she is Green).

And yeah, Feh made the back half of the Where's Askr game incredibly easy. But then, I only had any issues with seeking out Sharena and had the third wallpaper available by the third round. But I'm not going to argue with it since they could've made it so much worse.

D. Bags F. Us Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon in regards to D. Flower distribution. I failed to notice that you get a bunch from your AR ranking as well as your AR tier, and of course there's more to gain from ranking over tier, with wailords getting 44 DFs per session. And just to rub the goddamn salt into the wound, they brought back the 1~1000 ranking tier while further increasing the Grail rewards for whales (35 Grails and 44 DFs per session on rank alone). So yeah, DFs are a lot closer to Mtn. Dew in terms of Whale Privilege than I originally thought. Also, the Lava map still sucks to play against while Grasslands just became a shitload more unpredictable since enemies might or might not break their way through the destructible walls.

Also I am an idiot who lacks in simple pattern recognition in that I blew 60 orbs at the Bath House banner again. Managed to pull a Ryoma at the very end. A Year 1 Ryoma, complete with +Res/-Atk. The Nanna I pulled right after him was worth more than that, nevermind the L'Arachel or Tailtiu I've also walked away with. The upside to this is that barring OG Hinoka, I now have a copy of every Fates Asshole from launch (and in fact, aside from Hinoka, Linde and OG Lyn, I now have a copy of every character from launch; and it's only taken me 2+ years to make it this far).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:59:47 PM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 11, 2019, 02:50:02 AM »
Wow, I hadn't even noticed they re-added rank 1~1000 back in AR. Just another point under the list of "shitty manipulative things IS did on the anniversary". I'm actually ending the week in Tier 24 (as a side note, the top score right now is 12960- I'm pretty sure even if this wasn't a shortened season the guy would've just barely made it into Tier 27) and my current rank is 74, though I'm sure it'll drop to somewhere in the 300s once I get my loss for the day. Was hoping I could slack for a few weeks until Tier 21 bloated to 3000+ people, but I guess that's not happening. I even set up a themed defense team and everything (Elibe team with Eliwood, Hector, Ninian, Roy and Lilina. Also Clarine because it's not AR unless I'm annoying you with Dazzling Pain), but I guess I'll keep it for now even though I've not killed a single unit this week. I'm guessing by the time the March Mythic hits I'll be completely squeezed out of topping the rankings so I guess I'll try to grab those extra 2 flowers and 5 cups a week while I can (hell, since I didn't pull Duma I'm guessing whales will be taking up all the top ranks on Astra/Anima weeks).

Also apparently the Gacha Gods heard my bellyaching about not pulling anything premium on free 5*s, so they decided to bless me with a free copy of Micaiah on the daily FE10 banner that just passed. She's also +ATK -RES, and I can get rid of the latter part if I want to. So that's kinda nice. Didn't get anything on the daily Awakening banner or Love Abounds rerun, but I think my bad luck from the Mythic Banner has sorta balanced out from 3 free 5* pulls from these daily banners.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:52:54 AM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 12, 2019, 09:48:43 AM »
Yeah, restoring that tier basically made the previous adjustment rather backhanded since it means that 10% or above gets better rewards from when the mode first started while anybody below the 10% line gets nothing! You lose! Good day sir! And yeah, raising the ceiling like they did means that instead of the top tier getting less scummy when they have less to aim for, they're only going to get even scummier ala T_T's bonus feather bullshit.

Meanwhile, I've decided that as good/bad of an idea as it is, the Askr trio will be the first infantry to benefit from the D. Bag Flowers. At the very least, it'll help them try to keep up with their continued lack of merges (even if I can no longer apply F2P strategies with them). Not that it will given how a +1 merge now confers 5~6 points to the merged rather than 2. God, there's nothing good about these D.Flowers, is there.

The results of my daily pulls from the ReBHeB banners can be seen above. A picture of my usual pulls (before a painfully out of date year 1 pity breaker shows up at 5% or some such).

Meanwhile, I'm utterly pissed that last week was so short as it had quite a number of regulars I use for bonuses. I'm now in tier 18 in the Arena with the one week I have to use said regulars getting wasted on getting back to tier 19, along with still being in tier 19 in AR sans comfy Eir + Miccy buffs (but the week wasn't short enough that I didn't manage to still get pushed out to the 13 Coin/Pop Rock AA tier).

Also, they changed the rewards for Tap Battles as well. On the one hand, we're now getting more Orbs than before, and we can set about the mode's monthly quests on day 1 rather than 5 days in which used to drag the mode out by one more day than the daily quests covered. On the other, hope that Int Syst has no major plans in regards to Arena Medals any time soon as those went away in favor of yet even more fucking Dueling Crests (and I firmly suspect some other kind of back handed double dealing in regards to the change that has yet to make itself apparent).

If it weren't for RD's banner and this Valentine banner being as good as they have been, and the promise of an actual February banner, I'd be counting the days before BB's banner disappointed me right on out the door because this year's anniversary celebration sucked major ass.

In lighter news though, new NinDir tomorrow. And 3H is the headliner (I swear to god, if that late Feb banner is 3H, so help me....).

Edit: Not related to 3H but our next banner (i.e. the CYH banner) has been announced. And somehow, Wyndis beat the fucking odds and came in 5th for the Green Slot (either everyone who voted for her wants Spd Tactics really really badly, or the fanbase is desperately trying to indicate that Lyn needs more alts to catch up to Camilla's impending 8th alt). You have 4 guesses as to who the remaining three winners are, and 3 of them don't count. As an aside, Ayra managed to rank 34th at just under 10k votes. I'm happy that my votes helped contribute to that. Also that the highest Camilla ranked was 51st with her Vallite alt.

Sub Edit: (I like SF's explanation better, https://serenesforest.net/2019/02/15/heroes-find-vote-winners-announced/#more-49624 in short, people are fucking idiots)

But yeah, the majority of the top 50 are whale bait to no one's surprise.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:39:02 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: Today at 02:47:46 PM »
I mean, I don't have Legendary Lyn yet so I won't mind if I pull her for free, but holy shit that's hilarious that people just picked whatever showed up on the default screen. Halloween Myrrh is honestly kind of a terrible choice, Winter Tharja gives basically the same SI as her except better (especially with the 4-skill SI change coming), but at least Myrrh is a stupidly broken unit herself. Basically the only miss I can pull on the free one is LAzura because I already have her, which pretty much guarantees that who I'll get.

Also New Power free pulls gave me nothing, but I finished off the Anniversary Daily Banner with a bang by pulling a free Close Counter- or he would be that if he didn't come as +SPD -RES. Now I feel obligated to keep him around.