Author Topic: Book Thread Continued

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
Re: Book Thread Continued
« Reply #1995 on: Today at 06:02:08 AM »
22 or so chapters into Three Musketeers.  I find it amusing that D'Artagnan and the Three Musketeers were supposed to be on a secret mission to London,
Spoiler: show
yet Porthos, Athos, and Aramis did not keep a low profile, as they were peacocking and getting into fights.  Of all people, it was Scrappy Doo D'Artagnan who showed discretion.  I guess Scrappy Doo is maturing.  Granted, D'Artagnan is still impulsive and it was his hot-headed impulsiveness that put him on this mission in the first place.     

D'Artagnan is now on his way back to France, where he caught a glimpse of
Spoiler: show
the mysterious lady whom the guy he marked for revenge in the first chapter was conspiring with.  D'Artagnan learns, in England, that she is one of the top agents for Cardinal Richeliu, who has agents and spies everywhere.  Heck, even normal people could be considered his minions, since he is influencing the masses to look to him as the true leader rather than the idiot king on the throne.

Cardinal Richeliu is a conniving and sinister mastermind, he is. 

Alongside Three Musketeers, I'm also reading Madame Mirage vol. 1- a comic by Paul Dini (who wrote some of my favorite episodes of He-Man when I was a kid.)  I'm digging it.  The art is vibrant and the pulpy storyline has some cool characters.  So far, it's good summer blockbuster stuff. 
"Yes, there's lots of things to do if you're not so busy huffing and puffing."
     -Leonard the Wolf (Sesame Street)

"People are really really good at making themselves unhappy in their pursuit of happiness." -Arvis