Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)
« Last post by Isjaki on Yesterday at 08:09:56 PM »
Also, they went and made Ursula's A-Rank Affinity unobtainable (even more so than it already was at least).

That was a slog. What did they end up doing to it?
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ys VIII
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM »
If NIS America is willing to pay them more money to localize their games, then Falcom will likely not switch.  After all, the market they're concerned about is Japan.  They don't seem to care much for the wider market.
Binge-watched Season 1 & 2 of Bravest Warriors on Youtube, as well as the first episode of Season 3. When I got to season 3, I figured I'd save it for later, since well...I just binge-watched 2 full seasons. Gotta save something for tomorrow.

Then I found out Seasons 3 & 4 are only on VRV. That site runs like crap on my PS4, and it has next to nothing that I couldn't get elsewhere. I think Season 3 at least is available for free, but the site also ran some of the most obnoxious ads I had ever seen the last time I tried it, and most of them were for its own content. Yeah. Can't say I'm sold. I'll probably look elsewhere, like I did for HarmonQuest. (I also finished season 2 of that last week, btw. Good stuff. Really curious to see where it goes in Season 3, if that's actually happening?)

At least what I saw was really good. It's short, but got a lot of humor and a surprisingly intriguing story packed into it. Like the best parts of Futurama back-to-back, no filler. I don't watch cartoons much anymore, but I'm glad I saw that one, at least.
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Asian Drama Thread
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 12:11:25 PM »
@Seultoria

Please tell me you're watching I'm Not A Robot!
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 12:09:39 PM »
On the plus side, I'm sure they will reconsider using XSEED next time instead of NISA.

If there is justice in the world, yes.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 02:22:03 AM »
So apparently the latest update went and borked the game something fierce. I'm hoping that everyone who got to play it before this dire update doesn't forget "DON'T FORGET ME!" and remembers "YOU'LL REMEMBER ME!" as they were reduced down to the truncated "DON'T FORGET!"

Also, they went and made Ursula's A-Rank Affinity unobtainable (even more so than it already was at least).

The fixes they did introduce only helps a few Rare Blades who's questlines stop during Chapter 7 due to missing party member issues (not that this actually helps Agate since hers can't be completed until Chapter 8's first region at the earliest anyways).
« Last post by Annubis on January 21, 2018, 10:58:04 PM »
On the plus side, I'm sure they will reconsider using XSEED next time instead of NISA.
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on January 21, 2018, 10:23:04 PM »
It looks like NISA's efforts to bring this game over to PC is still an epic fail.  I find myself utterly unsurprised.  What does have me concerned is how the game is delayed indefinitely.  That there's no window at all for a release is more than a little ominous.
Also I watched Contact. It's one of those films I'd think I would've watched sooner given that I gravitate towards fantasy/scifi so much. Anyway I think I might have a new favorite as far as this kind of scifi movie goes. I certainly enjoyed it more than the more recent Interstellar or Arrival at least, and a large part is because the ending doesn't fall too far into the realm of ridiculous movie science. I suppose some might find the dialogue a bit too on the nose towards the end, but I prefer this sort of ending for a scifi movie over the more emotionally satisfying ones the other two aforementioned movies go for.

I remember liking Contact as well. Been a while since I've seen it, though. Might have to keep an eye out in case it comes to Netflix.
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by ironmage on January 21, 2018, 11:25:40 AM »
Leviathan Wakes:  This was entertaining, and a quick read, but I couldn't help but be somewhat disappointed.  Although this is in the science-fiction / space opera genre, there wasn't anything original happening here; although well-executed, it was largely a rehash of old ideas.

The characters were well written...but I didn't like any of them very much. One of the characters was a police detective, which you would think would imply a twisty story, but none of the plot twists surprised me, and frankly, for anyone who has seen Farscape, the title alone makes the ending pretty obvious.

The style of the book is very visual and dialog driven, making it suitable for adaptation to TV (which has apparently already happened:  The Expanse).  I think I might enjoy that series more than this book, but I haven't subscribed to the Space channel in years.

But beyond all that, Leviathan commits a cardinal sin.  There's a scene where a major space battle occurs, and the main characters are stuck in a room in a battleship.  We don't get to see what happens outside.  I get what the author was trying to do here:  being stuck in a room with Big Things happening outside that you have no direct knowledge about, no control over, and could kill you in a blink would be an incredibly dramatic experience.  But you know what would be even more dramatic?  GETTING TO WATCH THE DAMN SPACE BATTLE.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10