Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Smashking on Yesterday at 06:06:01 PM »
I managed to pick up Micaiah and another Azura in under 80 Orbs. Micaiah is +HP, -Def, and Azura is neutral. At least I didn't get a -Atk Micaiah.

Edit: Oliver's GHB is pretty simple, and this Tempest Trial is also pretty simple. I think the path to the final map is tougher than the final map.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: RPG Fan Decides My Next Game
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 05:12:59 PM »
Voted Trails of Cold Steel because its an all-time great. Its long as hell though and you'll probably go directly into CS2 after finishing it. So your next 160hrs of gaming are probably set.

I'm perfectly ok with that.  Trails is my second favorite RPG franchise.
« Last post by Rook on Yesterday at 04:40:34 PM »
I'm voting for World of Final Fantasy just to hear somebody have an actual take on this, even if our interests don't necessarily align that often.

Its fun and a very competent monster raising game. They did make a mistake with making the FF characters a special attack instead of a 3rd party member. Also Digimon Cybersleuth is just a tad better.

Voted Trails of Cold Steel because its an all-time great. Its long as hell though and you'll probably go directly into CS2 after finishing it. So your next 160hrs of gaming are probably set.
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 04:40:03 PM »
I voted, but I'm not telling you what I voted for.

I now refuse to play any of them, just to spite you.  Joke's on you.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Rook on Yesterday at 04:28:32 PM »
And yet still we have WARGARBLLLLL WHERE MAH CHRONO TRIGGER and FF6?!?! crowd. News flash: they even remade your CT and FF6 like-games you always wanted. Its called I am Sestuna and Bravely Default. Oh and both those games are trash grindfests but I'm sure they'd be incredible where they belonged, in 1994. You are even getting your Secret of Mana. Oh and here comes a new Dragon Quest, whose archaic battle system and barebones story will probably bore you to tears by hr. 30.  RETRO JRPG MASTER RACE R U NOT ENTERTAINED?

Calling you out on this. Bravely Default was a poor substitution (even before getting into the second half, or the original JP version) and I am Gundam! was pretty much a publisher funded College Student's Grad Project (littered with plagiarism, completely tonedeaf, had only one moderate hook to run into the ground, horribly unbalanced, and just shabby all around). Hence why Bravely Second is a game that most people only consider to have existed at one time, but isn't talked about much, and nobody listed Lost Spheda (I could be wrong, its been a while since I checked) in their Anticipated Games of 2018 Thread posts.

Besides, for every CT/FFVI fanboi still griping about the lack of sequels, you still have plenty of Suikoden fandom clamoring for a true Suki VI, or Level 5 fans wishing for lightning to strike the same place twice for Dark Cloud 3, or Shadow Hearts fans waiting for the IP to fall into someone else's hands.

wait wut? I am Sestuna was plagarized? The only dialogue I remember is go here and get that. How the hell do you plagarize that?

I mean I wouldn't mind a Suikoden sequel either (though I didn't like 4-5). I also wouldn't mind a Phantasy star 5 (assuming Sega could make a good PS5). Its just that I feel people are making games similar to the 90s games (the DS has a few) only they aren't that good because its not the early 90s anymore and that kind of gameplay just doesn't fly. Also I kind of feel like people have kind of taken this gen for granted because much of the games coming out are pretty damn good. Maybe I'm having a hard time explaining myself or maybe I'm babbling nonsense becuase my head is full of medicine as I've been in bed for 2 days with the flu. dunno.   
« Last post by Rook on Yesterday at 04:13:42 PM »
Unfortunately, I was 7 when it came out and I had to throw a shitfit to even get my parents to buy me a SNES.  Then by the time I was old enough to afford a Sega CD it was already too expensive.

I'm sure my experience is not unique.

My Sega CD broke in 9 months. Which is I think about the median life of the 1st gen Sega CDs.
« Last post by Starmongoose on Yesterday at 04:08:33 PM »
I voted, but I'm not telling you what I voted for.
« Last post by Frostillicus on Yesterday at 02:28:52 PM »
Star Ocean IV? Are you just checking to see if anyone here hates you?

I voted for it.
I mean, if he wants to play it, he should do it before anything else on that list because it will seem even shittier after playing a good game.

Can't argue with that.
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Yesterday at 02:13:35 PM »
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition!!!

...is a 15 GB update and I turned my PS4 completely off last night. So I'll have to wait until late to play it. Gotta focus on chores, anyways, since this is the first second-hand-smoke-free day I've had since I moved into my current apartment.

But, I did wind up playing some Paragon instead after lunch. I dunno if I dropped into the Shit tier or whatever, but our Jungler quit 2 minutes into the match, so our team was at a constant disadvantage of 4v5 the entire match.

Yet we killed it. A lot of great teamwork all around vs their nonexistant teamwork, we didn't lose even one inhibitor, while the enemy lost two in a row, and were frequently losing at least 3 members by the midgame portion of the match. I mean, they clearly didn't know what they were doing, so I shouldn't be too proud, but it's just cool to see how much more important having good teamwork is in this game, versus just being really powerful and assaulting anyone that gets in your way. Without our jungler, however, we couldn't contest the jungle buffs and bosses, but even without those, we still won. Feels good!

...I still reported that guy for leaving so quickly into the match, though. He had plenty of time to rejoin if it was just a crash issue. Jerk...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10