Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Re: super robot wars topic
« Last post by kofvscapcom on Yesterday at 08:58:48 PM »
on the fence whether to get X, its like $62 on yesasia but their shipping is notoriously slow. Also, it does seem like there are less series in this one, no Getter Robo is crazy. But Gundam Wing is in it...
The Soundroom / Re: Annual soundtracks of the year?
« Last post by Aurian on Yesterday at 08:31:08 PM »
Will keep an eye out!
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom announced!
« Last post by Electricb7 on Yesterday at 07:36:35 PM »
wow this game starts off like shit.
General Discussions / Re: Completion List 2018
« Last post by Hidoshi on Yesterday at 07:15:11 PM »
Super Mario Odyssey, Xenogears (again), FFXV, FFXII: Zodiac Age, and FFTactics (again).

Mostly because I've been sick. >_>
I've been told Sevendust puts on a fantastic live show. 

Anyway, my song of the moment is "Doorway to Heaven" by Graveshadow.  I'll admit, I wasn't very impressed by their prior material.  I felt that the band had talent (especially the vocalist Heather, who I loved on Helion Prime's first album) but were playing generic paint-by-numbers songs.  However, I'm really digging this and the other teaser track from their upcoming Ambition's Price album.  This  band has clearly been spending their between-album time putting in serious work to improve their skill, sound, and songwriting on all levels.  If the rest of the album is as good as these songs, then I may have to put this in the running for "Most improved band of 2018."

Speaking of Helion Prime, after they parted ways with Heather they recruited another vocalist named Kayla who did not last long.  They now have a fellow named Sozos and I definitely like his voice and the lyrics he wrote for this song: .  I think his lyrics and vocal melodies flow with the song better than the original lyrics.  I'm sure plenty of people will bag on the band for not "staying tr00" with a lady singer, but talent knows no gender and what's important is having band members that bring out the best in everyone and inspire them to become better. 

So much killer music this year so far and more on the horizon.  New Rivers of Nihil and Strychnia albums slay, new Graveshadow has promise, I hope the new Helion Prime and Eluveitie albums come out this year (I'm loving that new Eluveitie song Rebirth:
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 04:43:32 PM »
I'm going to refrain from using a guide, since this is the first time I've ever played this game, and I have too much respect for it to cheat.

Good on you.  I'm of the opinion that following a 100% guide removes the whole point of playing the game.  May as well just watch a LP on youtube.

Using a guide for one part when you're stuck, though, or after you've beaten the story, that has a lot of value.
« Last post by Starmongoose on Yesterday at 03:15:40 PM »
Part of me is like yass queen, you don't need no guide, enjoy your game.

But the other half of me is like "but the true ending of suikoden 2 is so touching..."
Loving the shit out of Sevendust's new single, "Dirty".
Nothing profound or groundbreaking about it.  It's just straight-up good old Sevendust, who still has it after 20 years.

« Last post by Frostillicus on Yesterday at 12:12:27 PM »
Suikoden Dos - After winning the battle with Kiba's force (which was surprisingly easy), I've been roaming the map, looking for recruits. Came across Meg & Gadget, who have a pretty sweet Unite attack. I also finally figured out what Stallion meant by "training", and then he joined.
Still not sure how to recruit some of the obviously recruitable people I've met along the way...  I'm going to refrain from using a guide, since this is the first time I've ever played this game, and I have too much respect for it to cheat.

Driver: SF - Getting towards the end of the game. Just started chapter 6. Was finally able to afford my favorite car in the game, the McLaren F1. Races are now a non-issue.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Hathen on Yesterday at 11:54:13 AM »
If your predictions end up being true I might consider saving my orbs for Leif and friends, I was pretty damn lucky on the Performing Arts banner way back, pulling 3 of the Focus units, so I already have Inigo and Shigure. Though it did come back to bite me and I'm still mad that I drew 3 fucking Gaiuses last Legendary banner and now I'll have to wait god knows how long before PA Olivia is available again. At the rate they're adding new seasonals they'll never be able to cycle through them faster via Legendary banners so I don't know how the hell they're planning on fixing that.

IIRC Ephraim's not showing up this time so Fjorm can get another go. Guessing they'll be doing the same thing going forward, not having 2 Legendaries on the same color (just to make it that much more annoying to get one of each so you can do well in an entire mode). Hopefully whatever colorless Legendary we get this time around will be Fire to make up for Ephraim not being there, and they'll keep color balance within each Legendary element.

Dunno about Grima though, it'd be weird as hell to have her being a Legendary "Hero" since so far the theme seems to be either an OC donut touch character or a version of a character at the end of a given game (Ike's a Vanguard and for Ephraim it straight up says he defeated the Demon King). I think Corrin F might be more likely if that's what they're going for.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10