Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by ScottC on Today at 04:25:44 PM »
Ok if you want certain channels for games, we can do that.  I mean Neal(Dincrist) came right in today and added the Books channel, and everyone was like this is a great idea.  We can do that for certain games.  We are always open to suggestions like this.  I know for a fact we do this for new games and movies already.  We had to do it for Trails series almost permanently because we always talk about it.

Just ask,  I am around 75% of the time and Star is around the other 25%.

And I do respect your time to the community.  I want nothing more then you do, to see it grow, but sometimes it sucks and we need to try new stuff.  I sit on Twitch 5-6 hours almost every night for this reason alone.
« Last post by Jimmy on Today at 04:21:31 PM »
The boards aren't going anywhere, but they're dying, and have been for some time.

But really, here is my biggest beef: I don't want to jump into Single-Player RPGs on Discord and be confronted with one long thread of conversation. I want to be able to go into various topics people have started and discuss those topics in their own, self-contained thread, as I can on the forums. Honestly, I'd be perfectly okay with Discord, or some other service, replacing the forums so long as they maintained that functionality, and I think new users would appreciate that as well.

And please don't think I don't care about growing the community. I may not be respected amongst the community like Neal is, but I've put a lot of time into this community, and I want to see it thrive in a way that works for old and new members alike.
« Last post by ScottC on Today at 04:07:26 PM »
And complaints are fine.   But you can use both the forums and the discord, that's all Star wanted you to do when he said to come join us, he didn't ask you to leave the forums. 

No one is replacing the forums, they aren't going anywhere, but the issue isn't that we need to fix it. The issue is newer gamers, new blood doesn't care for old school forums.  You are not going to see new people here very often.  It just won't happen, the trend has changed and as such we as a site need to adjust as well.  We get 3-4 new people on discord a day, they may not join in the convo but they probably enjoy being part of the community.  RPGFan started in an age where "online" reviews were a new thing and print media dominated.  That print media adjusted to the online format and those that didn't died.  And now we need to the same thing.  That's all the Discord/Twitch/Twitter is.
« Last post by Jimmy on Today at 03:55:56 PM »
Perhaps it was rude of me to include the "snarky" comment in my post. If that's the case, then I apologize.

That said, I was airing a legitimate complaint about the administrator's direction of the community prior to that, and frankly I don't see what's rude about it given the fact that Discord wasn't intended to replace the forums, but seems to have done just that.
« Last post by ScottC on Today at 03:52:02 PM »
You were very rude first.  Did you take the time to think how your initial post even affected those who went out of there way like Star and myself to help try and help fix the problem?  No, you just complained about it and made it seem like we were trying to destroy what you hold dear.
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 03:49:18 PM »
This is just Scott's way, Jimmy.  Don't take it personally.
« Last post by Jimmy on Today at 03:44:51 PM »
Just like you can be rude. That's on you and no one else. You have "RPGFan Editor" next to your name, and this is how you respond when a community member comes on with a complaint? I think you need to take a lesson from Starmongoose in the way you should respond. You're the one representing the website here.
« Last post by ScottC on Today at 03:41:30 PM »
You can be stubborn,  that's totally on you and no one else.
« Last post by Jimmy on Today at 03:39:31 PM »
"Called it" 

I responded that way because you wanted me too.  If you don't want snarky responses don't ask for them.  Just giving what you wanted because you know it's true.  You can sit on a rotting forum all you want it won't change anything.  There are more members active on Discord on a single day then there are here for 6 months.  Suck it up and move on.

I really didn't want it, but I've been around this community long enough to know that it was coming. And just because there are more users active on Discord doesn't make it "better."
« Last post by ScottC on Today at 03:37:12 PM »
"Called it" 

I responded that way because you wanted me too.  If you don't want snarky responses don't ask for them.  Just giving what you wanted because you know it's true.  You can sit on a rotting forum all you want it won't change anything.  There are more members active on Discord on a single day then there are here for 6 months.  Suck it up and move on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10