Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom announced!
« Last post by Electricb7 on Today at 10:45:18 PM »
I have no idea how this game got such good reviews. Man I hope it picks up. Even if I were ignoring the bad plot, the strange things like the lack of voice acting and insulting story progression is just jarring.

Roland just accepts all the crazy shit as if his real life was a dream or something. He doesn't question what is going on at all. Cat and Mice people trying to murder a furry boy. Yep back home, just had a crazy dream a flying thing exploded and I got pinned under a metal thing with wheels.

And oh my God at these speech bubbles. You get a cute Zelda sound effect like Hey! or Opps! Followed by a mountain of text. Even outside of cutscene like in the open world a even smaller; harder to read text bubble pops up out of nowhere and before my eyes can lock onto it, it disperses.
Who thought this was a good idea?
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Frostillicus on Today at 09:35:39 PM »
^ I completely agree with your guide usage logic, sir. I did end up using guides the first times I played both Wild Arms 1 & 2 (only this past year or so), because sometimes story progress triggers are really off the wall stupid.
General Games / Re: Fighting Games
« Last post by kofvscapcom on Today at 09:12:21 PM »
Man, it seems like you can't have a modern fighting game without guest characters now. Geralt of Rivia just announced to be in the new Soul Calibur, and he's half the box cover.
« Last post by Rook on Today at 09:03:22 PM »
Early 2:30hr impressions

The good:
-its the battle system that FF15 should have had, though it should be a bit harder
-graphics are tremendous
-british VA just works in JRPGs, I dunno why (they are very good?)
-I like how they did the open world

the meh
-music is OK, I'm starting to become lukewarm to RPG soundtracks with just orchestral music. the tracks don't seem to emotion you are supposed to feel on some scenes.
-story so far

the bad
-waaaaaayyyy too many scenes where there should be voice acting and there is none. You know when the the whole one character says "yes" and then you see the text crawl at the bottom. This is low budget stuff that I can tolerate on say a PSP title. But come on, this is a "AAA" RPG and not even the Tales games do this anymore. 

Multiplayer RPGs / Monster Hunter World
« Last post by kofvscapcom on Today at 09:02:30 PM »
Surprised there's no thread for Monster Hunter World, supposedly Capcoms best selling game possibly ever. I'm about 200 hours in and yeah, it's really good but time-consuming. Anyone else playing this game?
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Horizon Zero Dawn
« Last post by kofvscapcom on Today at 09:00:11 PM »
when they make the sequel, they really should overhaul the inventory system, it was the only glaring problem with this game. Some more enemy variety would be nice too.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: super robot wars topic
« Last post by kofvscapcom on Today at 08:58:48 PM »
on the fence whether to get X, its like $62 on yesasia but their shipping is notoriously slow. Also, it does seem like there are less series in this one, no Getter Robo is crazy. But Gundam Wing is in it...
The Soundroom / Re: Annual soundtracks of the year?
« Last post by Aurian on Today at 08:31:08 PM »
Will keep an eye out!
« Last post by Electricb7 on Today at 07:36:35 PM »
wow this game starts off like shit.
General Discussions / Re: Completion List 2018
« Last post by Hidoshi on Today at 07:15:11 PM »
Super Mario Odyssey, Xenogears (again), FFXV, FFXII: Zodiac Age, and FFTactics (again).

Mostly because I've been sick. >_>
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10