Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Valkyria Chronicles 4 - PS4, Xbox, Switch
« Last post by ironmage on Today at 06:15:15 PM »
I'm likely to pick this up at release.  I enjoy the VC battle system enough that, even if the execution is less than stellar, there should be something there for me to like.

And even if they botch it utterly...well, I guess I have to play a bad game every once in a while so that I can appreciate the good ones.  At least I'll get a Sakimoto soundtrack out of it.

please be good   please be good   please be good
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Warriors
« Last post by Wild Armor on Today at 03:20:51 PM »
Wait, Fire Emblem Warriors is a game? I thought it was a Fire Emblem Rock Arrangement album. ;)
« Last post by Smashking on Today at 01:07:18 PM »
It's more of a joke. Games that bear the Warriors name aren't usually received too well, so perhaps people might get mad it got a higher score than other games so far.
General Discussions / Re: Completion List 2017
« Last post by Rucks on Today at 10:46:05 AM »
1. Fable II (17 hours)
2. The Legend of Heroes - Trails in the Sky (75 hours)
3. The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild (127 hours)
4. Shoot1Up (45 minutes)
5. FF IX  (45 hours)
6. Ys Origin (17 hours) - This series never misses.  At least not since the PSP era.
7. Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles - I'd thought this game was a bit easy... until I got to Dracula... particularly his 3rd form. Richter is awesome and I'm glad I finally finished the lead in to the greatest game in the series.
8. Suikoden (30 hours) - Can't believe I never gave this series a chance... straight on to Suikoden II...
9. Borderlands (way too long) - Stupid game with a stupid end that I stupidly stayed up all night once last week to finish.  Good Riddance.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: FF12 HD - Zodiac Age
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 10:34:21 AM »
Sounds like you're familiar with Square Enix
General Discussions / Re: Completion List 2017
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 10:32:26 AM »
1. Trails in the Sky SC
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. FFXV: Episode Gladiolus
4. NieR: Automata
5. FFXV: Episode Prompto
6. Trails in the Sky the 3rd

7. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Defeated the Hell Wyrm, got the Kumbha and Zodiac Escutcheon, beat every Mark except for Yiazmat, got all 13 Espers, and finally beat the story over the weekend.  Did Trial Mode up to about 80.  That is far, FAR more than I ever expected to do with this game and I loved every minute.  All I really want to do now is fill out the Bestiary and that's it.

Honestly.... this is one of the best RPGs I have ever played, and almost certainly Top 5 mainline Final Fantasies.  The art design is the best in the entire franchise (stupid main character costumes notwithstanding) and the world-building is second to none.  While the main plot falls off sharply after a bit and disappoints overall, the exploration, gameplay, customization and growth mechanics make this one a true classic and not to be missed.  I'm already excited about a second playthrough, as there are myriad Challenge Run opportunities due to the game's rich diversity of mechanics and customization options (although I won't be utilizing the level 90 NG+).

Final Score: 10/10

Up Next: Tales of Xillia 2

If I can finish that one before the end of December, I'll have hit my goal of Finish One Full RPG Every 2 Months, which seemed impossible to me.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 10:22:08 AM »
I had never had a credit card before I got married, but when my wife went to apply for one for me and checked my credit, it was well over 700 because I had never missed a car or student loan payment.  So not having a credit card doesn't necessarily tank your credit all by itself.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ys VIII
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 10:14:11 AM »
You can be "not wrong" and still horrible.  Especially in translations.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Valkyria Chronicles 4 - PS4, Xbox, Switch
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 10:13:36 AM »
Dreams DO come true
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 10:09:32 AM »
You gave it a 9/10, why would you get hate mail?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10